PDA

View Full Version : sigh

ToxicDisneyGoddess
12-30-2004, 12:55 AM
Ok ladies, so i turned 22 today and i jus have to say bein older has sorta made me a bit wiser and i think it's time for me to start my transtion into womenhood the only problem is i have to tell all my freinds and famliy about britney and how its not jus a hobby that i need to really be her neways i was wondering if u guys had any ideas how i chould tell my mom i wannabe her daughter and not her son..

Tristen Cox
12-30-2004, 01:59 AM
hmmm not an easy answer to that. It's really a discussion you have to work up to, feeling it out properly for the right time to tell her. I did and it was not easy, the more I wanted to the more I felt it may go wrong. Mothers have a way of loving you more than you sometimes think they do. Go slowly and take it one step at a time. When you feel you can and the right time has arrived, tell her. But reassure her that the person she has known has not changed and this is what will make you happy. Be sure of who you are and let her know this. The other ladies here will have more advice I'm sure. Those are just my two cents..

Love
Tristen

Sweet Susan
12-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Well, you would know your mother better than any of us. Ask yourself pointed questions about how she might react. What do you really think she will think? What about your dad? Do you have any brothers or sisters? How would they react? Can you handle the rejection. Some of the girls on this forum have just recently come out to their friends and/or family, and many of them have had very positive results. One just never knows. One thing for sure, once it's out, it's out, and several months from now most people will have either accepted or rejected your decision. Either way, they'll know, and at least you won't have to hide a huge secret.

Starluscious
12-30-2004, 02:18 AM
You could express your feelings as to why you'd like to be her daughter
I'd accept you no matter what
I hope she does too
it's ok for family to have differences
it's part of being human
but when those differences create enemies or problems
then all people have to analyze solutions
the worst I think she could say is
why would you want to be a female?
in a way that is a put down
then again it's just a question
depending on how she says what she says
it will either be hurtful or helpful
I can't help you with this much
but you know if I could I would
for you
*hug*
hope all goes well
I hope there are no conflicts in bringing it up to her

best wishes always

love
Starluscious

ToxicDisneyGoddess
12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
Well my mom knows i dress.. and so far has been ok with it she jus doesnt know that its so much more then dressing as a girl, its being one.. i can be pretty girly most times and i jus am havein trouble puting it to words that i want to look into hormones and stuff,

racquel
12-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Just a question,have you talked to any gender clinics in your area?I'm sure they would have one reasonably closeby.
You say your mom knows you dress but are you "dressed" when you are with her?
It a huge step,thread carefully.In the meantime dress,act visit, post,share pictures as the person you are,Britney.
glad to have you aboard.

DonnaT
12-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Happy Birthday Britney

It does no good to agonize over something that you will eventually have to tell her anyway. And since she knows you dress, she's probably wondering if you would rather be a girl anyway.

Simply tell her you've one Birthday wish. To be turned into a Girl.

LauraB
12-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Ok ladies, so i turned 22 today and i jus have to say bein older has sorta made me a bit wiser and i think it's time for me to start my transtion into womenhood the only problem is i have to tell all my freinds and famliy about britney and how its not jus a hobby that i need to really be her neways i was wondering if u guys had any ideas how i chould tell my mom i wannabe her daughter and not her son..
It will always be difficult to do that. I would asked have you seen ant councilors with regards to your transtioning. If not then that must come before anything else

Good luck sweetheart

I will be thinking of you

Love
Laura

Vickie-CD
12-30-2004, 05:10 PM
You know your mother, we don't. Very difficult question. Sorry I couldn't help, but I truely wish you the very best.
Best Wishes,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
12-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I almost forgot, on MSN groups, there is a support group for families of transgendered. You may get some useful advice there from parents that have already gone through this.
Love,
Vickie

ToxicDisneyGoddess
12-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Ok thanks so much for ur guys advice i guess i jus have to find the words to tell her.. sigh but thanks for trying neways :confused:

ToxicDisneyGoddess
03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Vickie where's the msn group?

Fallen Angel
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
just take one step at a time sort things out and step slow things will work out easyer than to run threw it fast

ToxicDisneyGoddess
03-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Well the thing is the small steps arnt enough now :(

Wenda
03-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Don't underestimate your mom. there is a pretty good chance that she has an inkling of what is happening. If she is not fanatically opposed to dressing, she may not find it that scary. I just went through the other side of the coin, my 18 year old son opened my closet to find 12 pairs of size 12 womens shoes hanging on the door, with about 6 pairs on the floor, and four pairs of glorious boots hanging from the closet rod. He talked to his oldest brother (30) who confessed that he also dresses! Talk about a double whammy! I apologized to him on the net, but he said it was not necessary. So far everyone seems cool. We have not talked in person but on email, everything seems ok. Best advice, just be quietly and subtly honest. All the best. Wenda.

Sweet Susan
03-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Wenda, that is a rather revalent divulsion. Wow. Did you know your son was a cd?

ToxicDisneyGoddess
03-02-2005, 02:27 AM
oh really