PDA

View Full Version : Eye Mackup

brandie
10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Ok Girls I Suck At Eye Makeup Any Ideas?? Or Just Practice Practice And Then Some More?
Ideas On Brands That Work Easy?
Getting Rid Of The Bags Under Eyes?
Any Help Will Be Very Appreciated. Cant Go Out If I Look Like A Raccoon.
Have The Rest Down Pretty Good Put Makeup Not Going Well

Brandie

Karren H
10-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Bags, too much caffene, too little sleep, smoking..... I don't have bags so can't help you there girl, as far as eye makeup, I use L'oreal, the eye shadow triplets, start with lightest on top, then darker, ten darkest on the lid, then blend it all together witha largish brush.....I use the L'oreal self curlling mascara, 2 or 3 light coats top and bottom lashes, wipe the brush off with a tissue before you ally it to your lashes.... and Maybeline Eye express liquid eye liner... that does take some practice..

Love Karren

AprilMae
10-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Bags, too much caffene, too little sleep, smoking..... I don't have bags so can't help you there girl, as far as eye makeup, I use L'oreal, the eye shadow triplets, start with lightest on top, then darker, ten darkest on the lid, then blend it all together witha largish brush.....I use the L'oreal self curlling mascara, 2 or 3 light coats top and bottom lashes, wipe the brush off with a tissue before you ally it to your lashes.... and Maybeline Eye express liquid eye liner... that does take some practice..

Love Karren

As long as your shoes match your bags you are OK

Snookums
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I have a friend who is a dermatologist he recomends to his patients with bags to rub preparation H on the bags and crows feet,the ingredient alum tightens up the skin,but be careful useing it,or you could end up looking like Kenny Rogers:rofl:

Billijo49504
10-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Brandie, go to Merle Norman's, or Macy's, or Younkers, to any of the makeup counters. They sill help you with the eye make up, of course, they want you to buy the stuff from them, but you don't have too..Also , having a wife that's good at it, doesn't hurt...BJ

Tara1
10-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Eyes are a pain and take practice yet if made perfectly, are the key to you look, second to hair. For lower eye bags try some concealers, yellow cream concealer with setting powder will cover depending on severity.

To draw attention away from the lower eyelid use a medium color shadow and cover the entire upper lid, many recommend brushes yet the cheap foam applicators, moistened a bit for me lay a bolder color. Next apply your darkest color shadow from the kit and apply to the upper crease from inner corner and angle up and across eye to top outer corner. Now find a light shade that complements the first two and highlight just below the brow. Lastly, kick it up a notch by adding a fourth color, something iridescent like a light pink or shade that's brighter than the others you used and hit the inner corners of your eyes, just a bit below the inner lid also.

Liquid eye liner is great to open they eyes and as mentioned, is tricky. When lining the lower lid, dot the lid under the lashes near the lash line, now smudge with your pinkie or liner tool.

Use a lash curler and apply mascara.

If you still see under bags, downplay them with a matt pressed powder. You can also use contouring blush to highlight/hide undesirable flaws.

A good tip is to do your makeup in a well lighted mirror, trial and error is key, try one area of your face at a time. It takes time to achieve a look you feel comfortable with...

And much makeup.

Dermablend cosmetics has products to cover many faults, even tattoos! Although their products don't work that well for me.

Loreal HiP is my favorite eyeshadow so far, but I'm still working on it!

Hugs,
Tara

Kate Simmons
10-04-2006, 05:05 AM
I used to suck at putting on eyeliner. What I did was compromise. I just use liner under my eyes, never on the lids. Seems to highlight my eyes good enough. As far as dark circles or bags, concentrate on your boobs or cleavage. I guarantee no one will be looking at your eyes. It's called misdirection. Magicians use this trick all the time and if we aren't all magicians, I don't know what we are. How else do you transform a plain looking guy into a beautiful woman?:happy: Ericka/Richard

DanaJ
10-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Check out the Beauty Club, and check out this thread for step by step instructions (with photos): Step-by-step illustrated makeup how to (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20393)

BTW, Prep H doesn't work, as the people who make it have commented on their website that it is just a legend :)

this is what Fran Sullivan, public affairs director at Wyeth, New Jersey drug-maker behind Preparation H, had to say:

"There is no scientific data that shows 'Prep H' shrinks bags under your eyes. This question does come up several times a year. It seems to have started (as best as I can determine) about 10 to 15 years ago, and we're not sure what caused the rumor to start. ... Perhaps it is just one of those urban legends that lives on from generation to generation."

brandie
10-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks Every One. I Need To Go Buy Make Up This Week $$$.
Was Using My So's But Might Be Old, So Break Out The Stash From The Back Of Wallet On Shop Tell I Drop. Sounds Like Fun.

Love
Brandie

Kate Simmons
10-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Was Using My So's But Might Be Old, So Break Out The Stash From The Back Of Wallet On Shop Tell I Drop. Sounds Like Fun.

Love
BrandieGo for it girl. You will have fun, believe me.:love: Ericka

kathy gg
10-04-2006, 07:45 AM
if you want help with bags under eyes, you need to start trying to fix the probelm more than jsut covering up the problem. Many dept store make up counters are not shocked anymore by men coming in needing moistuizer and other facial things. Some lines are even targeted specifically for men if you are really shy about approaching a counter. But there are eye creams to help dimenish some of the problem. Of course as mentioned, cutting out the smoking/cafeinne/getting more sleep will all help aleviate...better now than never. Also I am a HUGE fan of cucumber for helping with early morning puffiness. It does work.

Years of damage or neglect though can only be helped so much by creams and a begining of a healthy face regimen. Ultimatly if you have *herman munster* type of bags the only permanent solution might be surgery. One of the morning shows here showed men who had some sublte work donw on bags under the eyes and man it took like 15 years off one mans face! What a huge improvment!

Good luck though...but get more water and more sleep even if you can't quit smoking and drinking coffee.

brandie
10-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Quit Smoking For A Year. Made Allergies A Big Prob.
Now I Can Not Be Around Wemon With Perfume On Just Start To Sneeze.
Sleep Is Prob. My Biggest Prob. 5 To 6 Hours A Day And A 15 Min.nap After Work Then I Am Ready To Go For The Rest Of Day
So Would Not Go For Eye Tuck She Thinks I Am Vain Enough

Brandie

Karren H
10-04-2006, 09:11 AM
There is a difference between bags and dark circles under the eyes....bags tend to be droopy skin where as dark circles tend to be a discoloration. I found out that I'm slightly alergic to corn so if I eat a lot of corn or corn products I will get dark circles under my eyes, besides feeling like crap.. Cafeene has a similuar effect. So food alergies should be looked into..

The preparation H thingy is supposed to tighten up the droopy skin but even if it did work it wouldn't address dark circles. There are some eye-lift serums for that by a number of mfgs... But for dark circles you probably need a good conceler... And if you have bags and dark circles..... Your in deep doodoo.....Hehehe

K

Robin Leigh
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM

Since you're just learning, you can save quite a bit of money getting cheap supermarket & drugstore brands. If you have sensitive skin, it might be a good idea to buy a higher quality foundation, although even the cheap brands these days are pretty good in this regard.

I will admit that expensive lipstick often smells & tastes better than cheaper lipstick. My favourite lipsticks have the best flavour. :)

Robin

brandie
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
not dark Lin's just lose skin, could be to eye strain.
and yes i have sensitive skin , allergic to sun and most creams and soap
some days it sucks to be me in that respect.
but after 47 years i have lerned to deal with it.

brandie

brandie
10-04-2006, 10:59 AM
karren do you have names of eye lift serums, could be helpful

thanks
brandie

Marla
10-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Elizabeth Arden is my favorite lipstick. Ive used it for many years and though it is expensive it looks great and tastes great. When it comes to make up money's not object!

Robin Leigh
10-05-2006, 10:57 AM
allergic to sun and most creams and soap
I get a few allergies, too. These days, I mostly use Sorbolene instead of soap. My skin's much better for it. Maybe you're allergic to one of the common preservatives that they put in most creams.

To avoid allergic reactions on your face, test new makeup first on the inner side of the lower arm (or upper leg). Just wipe some makeup gently onto your test area & if you don't get a reaction within 15-20 minutes, scratch the area gently (preferably with a sterile pin or needle). If you still don't get a reaction, the makeup's probably safe to use on your face.

FWIW, I've never had a bad reaction from cheap eyeshadow. Old cheap lipstick once made my lips puffy, which was kinda interesting. :)

Robin

Robin Leigh
10-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Elizabeth Arden is my favorite lipstick. Ive used it for many years and though it is expensive it looks great and tastes great. When it comes to make up money's not object!

I have 3 Elizabeth Arden lipsticks. I love the quality & the colour. The taste is ok, even though they are getting old & I really should bin them. I have quite a few Revlon lipsticks that taste nice, too. But my favourite lippy in my current collection, taste-wise, is Estee Lauder's Rosa. Yum! And I love the colour, too. :)

Robin

DevotchkaGG
10-05-2006, 02:49 PM
One of the best ways to get an evening/smoky eye look is to cover lid to the bottom of the brow (unless you have really high brows, use your own discretion) with a light/translucent color, then take a darker color and cover the lids, after that take a darker color (with brush) and work from the top last line up to cover about 1/4 of the lid and outer part. Then liner, mascara, and beautiful. Clinique has a great eye cream by the way