PDA

View Full Version : going out

slamddoger
10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
how do you know that you are passing while you are out ?

Karren H
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Don't know for sure......I have the stuckup female thingy down to a tee....so I don't pay attention to see if anyone is reading me or not, but then again I don't care if I get read either!! hehehe

Love Karren

EricaCD
10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Simple, but inverse to your question. I am 6'3" and so I am quite sure I DON'T pass when going out. Hopefully, however, I make it clear to the people I encounter that I am presenting myself to the outside world as a woman. And hopefully, through a combination of image, deportment, a little luck and some basic decency on the part of those same people, I can enable them to relate to me as a woman.

If that's the case, then whether I am able to deceive them into thinking I am genetically female seems rather beside the point.

Erica

Wendi {LI NY}
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I really dont care if i get read ,but it is nice to get miss or madam when I am out and about ..I guess it depends on the day ,if i care or not ! hugs,Wendi:rolleyes:

Melissa A.
10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
By the running and screaming.:rofl:

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Rachel Morley
10-03-2006, 09:45 PM
IMO there is absolutlely no way you can tell. In my experience, just because people treat you as the gender you present doesn't mean that they completely believe you are a woman. I would like to suggest that most people do know but they don't say anything out of politeness. That's to say no one has ever said anything to me, and of course I have no clue what they are thinking when they smile at me or look at me just a little bit longer than I think they should.

Deidra Cowen
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I can tell from the looks on peoples faces that they have clocked me! Also if ya have a friend along especially a GG they can see people that are out of your field of vision.

If I really work the walk, the mannerism, nail the makeup and don't talk I can a lot of the time blend in. But I don't count that as passing. Because I have a guy voice and frankly I am pretty big...thats going to tip off people. But I do ok :tongueout

I probably know three Tgirls in Atlanta that can flat out pass in public. Then a lot of us can blend in.

But ya can't get too hung up on it. I will not lie and not say it would not be fun to pass...but I do my very best to strive to be an attractive, classy Tranny that people have a good impression of. In a liberal city like Atlanta you can get away with that and have fun with it.

serinalynn
10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
I really dont care if i get read ,but it is nice to get miss or madam when I am out and about ..I guess it depends on the day ,if i care or not ! hugs,Wendi:rolleyes:

I love the Miss and Madam.. Wife and I were at a restaurant in Las Vegas back in March and when we sat down the waittress addressed us as
"Ladies". My wife wanted to leave, I just smiled and enjoyed the experience.

Rebecca Petersen
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I too will agree, it would be great to pass in all circumstances, but that's unrealistic. Going unnoticed works for me.
Rebecca

Billijo49504
10-03-2006, 11:46 PM
A while back, I went to a store I shopped at regularly. The clerk knew me in guy mode, and she was helping me. But when I slipped, and said I wanted something for my wife, she almost jumped. When she found out who I was, she said she wasn't able to tell, till I goofed....BJ

Gisele
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, I had a guy and his buddy cat calling me while I was at a red light. He was yelling that he loved me.:rolleyes: So all in all while driving I pass with flying colors.:D

I just went out shopping last week and I really couldn't tell if anyone other than the people that I was with knew anything. But I was out for my first time and had tunnel vision. When we were done shopping we stood in the parking lot and was taking a smoke break before heading back home and I started to look at the cars passing by in the very busy lot as well as other people. Guess what? No one was looking and laughing and pointing at me! I started to feel like a woman at that time and not just a guy dressed up any longer. It seems like it is when your in guy mode, people have things to do and places to go and don't pay much attention to anyone else.

JoAnnDallas
10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I am not sure if I am passing or not. I have not had anyone stare at me or yell, "TRANNY". I live near a middle school and have been outside and had school kids walk by and most of the time they don't pay any attention to me and keep on walking. A couple of times I heard "Morining Mam". I would smile and wave and they would keep on down the street. Guess I must look like another middle age woman. Also had a woman couple of houses up the street wave at me and I waved back. from her distance, I did pass. LOL I also have had cars drive by and none of them slowed down.

This morning was like that, I was dressed very casual, and after I put the trash out, I was walking up the side of the house to the front, when a truck came up from behind me. I heard the truck and stopped and started looking at the bushes that had just been watered. The truck passed me by, went to the intersect, turn and went on. As I was looking at the front flower bed three middle school kids walked by and then I walked back around the house and entered the back door, changed and went to work.

Penny
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
how do you know that you are passing while you are out ?
I have been out many times and I have never passed as a woman nor have I failed. That's because I have never tried to pass as a woman. I have, bye and large for the most part passed as a indestinguishable crossdresser!

Sweet Cindy
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
The new girl chymes in...

I've only been out a couple times, but I think I managed to pass the night I went for a drive and a walk around one of the restaurant areas in town. I had the weekend to myself, so had the time to get the hair, makeup and outfit just right. I waited till the sun went down, then drove to the bank, went in and took out some cash. Only a couple guys saw me - they were walking up to the door as I was getting back in the car. They said nothing. Then on my walk around the restaurant block, I passed a car-load of guys in the parking lot and heard a lot of approving whispers. I wasn't exactly in stealth mode, either. With my rock-n-roll hair and long tiger-print coat over a tiny black skirt and top with stockings and boots, I was bound to draw attention. Luckily, none of it was negative. I was so thrilled - passing is a real goal for me when I'm out.
FUN!

Robin Leigh
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
How do you know when you've passed? An authorized representative of Gender Diversity International comes up to you & gives you a pink star. :D

Passing can be a subtle thing. Most of the time when you pass, you won't know if the person really thinks you're a GG or they are just playing along for one reason or another. And for most of us, it's not so much a matter of passing, it's mostly a case of failing to be read.

Being read can be subtle too. If it's very subtle, it can be mistaken for passing. :) When it's not subtle, you'll know...

The acid test for 100% passability is to try to interact with a group of bored teenage girls in the mall. If you can even get within 10 metres of them without at least one of them squealing semi-hysterically, you're doing very well. :)

Robin

Sam-antha
10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Do not ever look round, do not run and you should never know if the people you have just passed clocked you.
Why care, they will never see you again ? Anyway you made a conversation piece for them... perhaps ?
~Sam

loki_uk
10-04-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm always worried buying tights and underwear at the supermarket that "tranny alert" is going to come over the intercom lol

KateLongman27
10-04-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm always worried buying tights and underwear at the supermarket that "tranny alert" is going to come over the intercom lol

I used to have that feeling but now I don't feel as self concious since it boils down to hard currency. I've got some money to spend in your store and as such they don't care.

Somehow I don't think "Tranny Alert" is going to come over the tannoy or in any shop unless I'm driving a Ford Transit Van (a.k.a Tranny) while in the store!

:D

AprilMae
10-04-2006, 01:59 PM

That's the least of your worries. My S/O is always making me buy her stuff when I'm out. Nobody cares, especially in the suprmarket.

tekla west
10-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I'm just going to pout until I get a pink star.

I have observed that most people don't care or notice for any number of reasons. Those who care, care less all the time, this change is good.

I think that people have so many meanings to that term "pass" that any group of responses are going to be so all over the place as to not mean much in the end.

I think that there are people who can 100% pass 99.9% of the time. They are few, far between and often have paid heavenly medical bills.

Blending in - is that passing or not? I'm not sure - is not hard, not in the city. As all the girls say - dress like everyone else, don't stand out, go about your business and all should be fine in more modern urban centers.

That they whistle and all might not mean you pass, might only be that they are trannychasers.

Jodi
10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
When out, I try my best to be presentable. That is to be dressed appropriately for the venue and to act appropriately. No, I am not totally passable, but I don't get hassled. I have gone to many regular venues, shopping, dining in upscale restaurants, to concerts, and this past summer spent 4 days on vacation at a resort area enfemme. Just act the part, smile and look other people in the eye when they look at you, and most of all, be and act confident.

Passing is in your own mind.

Jodi

terrigurl
10-04-2006, 11:39 PM
A few years ago, I went into a Dress Barn in drag, a store that I had visited in drab and bought some clothes there. One of the SA's came over, and asked, "Can I help you, ma'am?" I knew then that I had passed. Then she realized who I was and seemed upset. The next time I visited the store, in drab, they told me that I was no longer welcome there, because I had upset the customers. So I don't shop there anymore.

Mitzi
10-05-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't think there's any way a person can absolutely tell whether they're passing or not. As long as you are dressed appropriately, most people are too polite to stare, let alone giggle, while you can see them. They may look back once they're behind you, but unless you have a lookout watching, you'll never know.

I used to think I pretty much passed, but a few embarrassing incidents let me know I don't pass as well as I'd thought.

Mitzi

Timberley
10-05-2006, 12:59 AM
I have never been outside, (dressed that is, well there was once...) have never been around people so I wouldn't know about passing or not.

But I have taken an interest in looking at average people on the street and in magazines, and realized, just about anyone could pass..
Some men could/and do make nice ladies. And some ladies could be men.
I think if the clothing fits your environment, and you are not paranoid of not fitting in (I think people sense your nervousness), you would be just fine.

But that is my view from inside the house.

:0)

Robin Leigh
10-06-2006, 06:14 AM
I think I'm just going to pout until I get a pink star.

Oh, alright then. :)

Robin

NatashaWI
10-06-2006, 06:49 AM
I've been out at a place we frequent and many there knew and recognized me but they played along. I was a woman that pre-halloween night and just had fun with it. Everyone called me Natasha and treated me like a lady. However, I certainly never could pass as 6 foot tall 61 year old woman. For me, passing in my heart was all that mattered.

pinkshelly
10-06-2006, 10:39 AM
All I can say is, It's been awhile since anyone I caught anyone laughing in my direction. Really there are two things that worry me, 1 somebody coming my way with a bat. 2 getting read by someone the S.O. knows and her not living it down. After that I'm not bothering you don't bother me.
Huggs, Shelly.

Jasmine Ellis
10-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I have never notice to see if anyone is looking at me.

trannie T
10-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Do I pass? No.
Do I care? Not really.