PDA

View Full Version : Advice re. eyelashes

NatashaWI
10-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi Girls - I'm having a makeover for Halloween and have thought about buying some false eyelashes. Understand I'm 61 and do not want the drag queen look but rather just a mature woman.
Are false eyelashes over the top - I have very little experience having only dressed once before (last Halloween).
If they are an option, what brand do you recommend. Is size an issue?
You've helped me already on one questions and I can't wait to hear what you say about this!
Thanks!

Natasha

Karren H
10-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I've used false eye lashes a few times but really don't need to!! :). Walmart cariries a variety in the makeup section and they aren't over the top!! Don't get them in the halloween section or they will be!! Lol

But they have the glue on whole lashs or the glue on individual clumps... And if your having someone give you a makeover have them apply your lashes.. My hands are too clumsy and I always end up with glue every where and lashes stuck to the side of my nose!!!

K

MsJanessa
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
No, they are not over the top but I would suggest you use the "normal" regular lenqth eyelashes--Ardell 117 is a good kind rather than the "theatrical" kind which are very long if you want a toned down look

NatashaWI
10-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you both! I ran out at lunch and bought eyelashes - not campy but pretty. I really appreciate your advice!

Natasha

Bonnie D
10-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Try using tweezers to put them on. I had a lot of trouble putting them on only using my fingers. Once you get glue on your fingers then the frustration sets in.

Bonnie

NatashaWI
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the tip Bonnie - lucky me I have a friend who will do my makeup and hair so she can deal with the lashes! Can't wait to see how they look and feel.

tracigirl_tv
10-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Natasha...I hope you will have a camera ready on lash-application day :)

NatashaWI
10-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh tracigirl! You know I will. I plan to have pictures of having my hair done and the works. Also I'll want some from the bar where I'll be reading tarot cards. That's the whole purpose of dressing this year. They already have a flyer out advertising Natasha's return.

Natasha

Daphne Renee
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I have thought about the false eyelashes as well.. I think though maybe if I just bought the right mascara wouldnt really need them..

Sky
10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
I have thought about the false eyelashes as well.. I think though maybe if I just bought the right mascara wouldnt really need them..

Actually you need to apply mascara with fake eyelashes too. After you glue the lashes, swipe mascara to make them stick to your natural lashes. Otherwise you may get a weird "two layered" look.