PDA

View Full Version : Make sure your garter belt fits.

Vieja
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I bought a new garter belt, mail order, many years ago and while it wasn't a snug fit it seemed OK. With the wife out of town I felt daring. Dressed in my finery I set out after dark to a nearby Mall. Not being very brave it was my intent to simply walk around the outside of the mall and then back to my car an away home. I parked away from the bright lights and walked toward the Mall entrance. After about a hundred yards I felt the garter belt start to slip over my hips. Garter belt with panties were suddenly around my thighs. I imagine I cut a comical figure as I hot footed it back to the car trying to hike up panties and belt. Drove sadly home dejected over a lost opportunity.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hugs to all.

Vieja

Robin Leigh
10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
You poor thing, Vieja. :( Wardrobe malfunctions are bad enough anytime, but especially when out en femme. :hugs: :hugs:

After about a hundred yards I felt the garter belt start to slip over my hips. Garter belt with panties were suddenly around my thighs. I imagine I cut a comical figure as I hot footed it back to the car trying to hike up panties and belt.
I hate that feeling. The elastic in my favourite garter belt finally went a few years ago. Fortunately I wasn't outside when it decided to descend. :)

One of the GGs (Vanya ?) pointed out an important fact: elastic becomes stiff & brittle if it just sits there doing nothing for months on end. The moral of the story: play with all your lingerie, regularly. :D

Better luck on your next adventure.

:hugs:

Robin

melissaabom
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh My!

Garter Belts , I have never had any good luck with them ..I own several but
the garters seem to unlatch ....

Melissa

Stephenie S
10-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Also, garter belts are designed to fit around the hips, not the waist. Unfortunately, we don't got'em. So it's much easier for them to slip down with nothing to stop them.

Sigh . . .

Steph

ashlee chiffon
10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
the belts with wider waistbands and on the small side so they fit a little tight will work and should be worn under panties for those trips to the "ladies room" and tighter panties will help keep them in place, also...but they are really made to be help up by the hips us gurls don't really have...
usually, if you are on the thin side, they are going to slip, anyway...

Sweet Cindy
10-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I'll second that. At 5'4", 130 lbs, my garter belt needs to be nearly painfully tight to stand any chance of staying above the equator. A snug thong is a good anchor.

Bonnie D
10-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Another point of interest is your stockings should be long enough so that there is not a hugh amount of tension on the garters. I used to wear a garter belt all the time because they are so sexy looking but have switched to wearing stayup stockings. They haven't failed me yet.

Bonnie

Ashley Helen
10-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Vieja, it must be so embarassing that happening but, at the same time, it must have looked a comical sight. Don't let it put you off, new garter belt and away to the mall again.

Love

Helen xx

karentvca
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
A few years ago, I was shopping en femme in downtown Montreal and I was wearing a garter belt. Since it was Christmas, the sidewalks were packed with shoppers, which made me feel very comfortable because I could easily get lost in the crowd.

While revelling in the silky touch of my DIM ultra sheer black stockings and high heeled winter boots I felt a garter let go... then another. The next thing I knew, I had a stocking hanging around the top of my boot!

I quickly dashed into a department store and found the ladies room where I could do some repairs...

Luckily my winter coat was long enough to kind of hide my dilemma, but I had a really hard time not looking panicked.

I fixed my stocking and immediately went to a hosiery store to buy some longer ones. The sales lady was so nice and I put my new stockings on in the fitting room. Of course, I bought a few more pairs of nylons and a pretty bra and panties set, too!

Vieja
10-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I quickly dashed into a department store and found the ladies room where I could do some repairs...

I would never have the nerve to go into a ladies room.

stefie22
10-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I only had troube with one of my garter belts and that was a hook up broke while i had them on. i was at home so i wasn't worried. i was also lucky that one of my older corset had detachable straps for stockings. it was the same color and style so i just changed it. it works fine now.

secrets
10-05-2006, 06:26 AM
have switched to wearing stayup stockings. They haven't failed me yet.

Bonnie

An interesting point, whays your secret here? every pair of stay ups I have ever tried seems to do anything but stay up! (shaved or unshaved legs)

Lisa Marie
10-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Thats why im a pantyhose girl. Ive tried the garter stuff just didnt really care for it.

Kate Simmons
10-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Thats why im a pantyhose girl. Ive tried the garter stuff just didnt really care for it.Same here Hon. If I DO wear hosiery, I wear pantyhose, much as it "pains" me.:heehee: Ericka/Rich

Sam-antha
10-05-2006, 10:31 AM
My one and only trouble with a set happened one evening (at home) when I was in a hurry (of course) and the belt was a replacement item, just bought.
Three of the clips just would not lock. It was like the stocking was too thick. Bend the offending part and it just bent back and laughed at me. Eventually it was persuaded to accept the stocking in two places only. With some elastic and a prayer I just caught the train.
Nothing fell all evening
Really.
I like putting stocking on a belt and the way it looks worn, more than "using" them.
~Samm