PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have a Femme Voice??

Wenda
12-30-2004, 12:31 PM
I used to think I had a femme voice somewhere, but I have trouble finding it. I practice by singing en femme, bought a home kareoke on sale, but haven't used it. I read, maybe on this forum, that some people find it easier to find their femme voice in a different accent. I have worked on that, but I don't find Maggie Thatcher all that sexy, and when I listen to Wenda's voice messages, they sound a bit demented. What works for you? wenda

Sharon
12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I think I'm able to take the "edge" off my voice enough to manage, as long as I keep my words to a minimum. But God forbid I should sneeze or cough! No doubt about me if that were to happen.

Kerri
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Nothing! ... works for me except singing. I've always had what sounds like a girls voice to me when I'm singing, (maybe a little like a high pitched "Jan & Dean" or "Beach Boys" tune :), ... see can't you hear me? .... what do you think?

Haven't heard about the different accent ... except it did seem to work for Danny Kaye, in alot of his movies!

Kerri

nuffsaid
12-30-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm still working on it. I bought the tapes and the dvd's but haven't had the time to put in the work.

Vickie-CD
12-30-2004, 02:33 PM
I've been told by some that I do, and some have told me it needs a little more work. Darned if I know????
Love,
Vickie

Amelie
12-30-2004, 02:38 PM
No way do I have a fem voice. I don't even try.
My voice sounds like John Travoltas', like when he was in "Welcome Back Kotter" Lol
Amelie

LauraB
12-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Now i only Have a femm voice, i lost thge male voice whil perfecting the femm one though with practice i could get it back. However i will not be doing that.

The trick for Cd's who are hetro and therefore require both is to develop the femmvoice and practice both voices possibly daily. Some cd's can do this some actors and actresses can dothis too. It must be a lot like learning a new language.

Love
Laura
XXXx

Anita
12-30-2004, 03:27 PM
femme voice ...Well depends how many baritone females you know! :confused:

nuffsaid
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Well there's Bea Arthur. and at times Kathleen turner have a kind of a deep voice.

LauraB
12-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Anita

i know a few

One girl Janet works in my office she was in the womans army is bossy and has a deep deep deep very deep Voice ( grand canyon type deep is the concept i am trying to get across here) yet at heart she is a real sweetie we all love her.

Love
Laura

Marlene4a
12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh yes, I have a fem voice for sure.
Yep, sure do

( Marlene: that will be 3 hail mary's and 5 our fathers)

Jenine
12-30-2004, 05:03 PM
A femme voice is one thing I do have. Sometimes I call chatlines and speak to guys and they really seem to have no idea.

x

Sharon
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
A femme voice is one thing I do have. Sometimes I call chatlines and speak to guys and they really seem to have no idea.

x

So that was YOU!! :eek:

Jenine
12-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't know what you mean, honey! ;)

Sharon
12-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Um..., um..., neither do I! :o

Marlene4a
12-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Lol...

Sharon..next time, tell her, she can call collect.

Paula A
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
No fem voice here, I have tried once or twice while driving, singing along to a song I might know, but still I just can't get the pitch right without sounding squeeky.

StephanieCD
12-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Everybody tells me I have one of those sexy radio voices... for a guy :(

Wenda
12-30-2004, 08:34 PM
No way do I have a fem voice. I don't even try.
My voice sounds like John Travoltas', like when he was in "Welcome Back Kotter" Lol
Amelie
Amelie, you must really screw with people's brains when they see Amelie and hear whomever!!! I bought a cd by Grae Philips, an impersonator, but havent made much progress. I worked on it for an hour one night, and my GF called, and I answered as wenda, and it really blew her away, but more often, I need my factual radio (male) voice, and sometimes, when I am really having fun, I can speak for Mac the Moose (check the web), but Mac has a steer-jockey kind of voice. btw, just watching Jan Arden singing at the Kurt Browning Skating show, made my cry.; I hate being a wuuse. wenda. (How do you spell woose? rhymes with puss!) I really admire Jan, she has her demons, and doesn't bullshit the world about them, has incredible talent and feeling, but doesn't compromise her values for 'success". A real woman. w.

Tristen Cox
12-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Femme? I do it simply by relaxing and speaking through the upper octaves, without backing so much air into my throat. It still is hard to not slip up but when I want to, I can pull it off pretty well. Trouble is relaxing around others. Hmm that's still tuff, but practice.. practice.. practice ;)

*hugs*
Tristen

Bernadina
12-30-2004, 10:27 PM
It used to bug me to be called "madam" on the phone. Now I think is great. My voice is almost gender neutral. It takes little effort to go either way.

racquel
12-31-2004, 03:17 AM
nope,wish i did. :o

Nina
12-31-2004, 04:11 AM
I always think it's the one thing that would really let me down if I ever went out dressed. I have quite a quiet voice(except if i've been drinking that is) I think someone should start classes on talking female. I think they might get a lot of students

Maddie Knight
12-31-2004, 04:26 AM
I don't think I have a fem voice, but my girlfriend tells me i have and i also speek differently when dressed. I only noticed this when she pointed it out to me. Probably get by in most situations, but not for a long conversation with someone. Doesn't matter to me much at the monent, don't go out dressed anymore, not as good as i was when i were younger.

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-31-2004, 04:52 AM
Hi Wenda
Yes I've heard the accent thing too. Problem is the best I can muster sounds like a cross between Forrest Gump or Jenny which is a shame as there aren't to many people from Greenbow Alabama living in the North East of England. I like the accent too. If go Scottish I sound like a soft version of Billy Connelly.
Anyway they do say silence is golden :confused: x

Jayne (Gump)

I used to think I had a femme voice somewhere, but I have trouble finding it. I practice by singing en femme, bought a home kareoke on sale, but haven't used it. I read, maybe on this forum, that some people find it easier to find their femme voice in a different accent. I have worked on that, but I don't find Maggie Thatcher all that sexy, and when I listen to Wenda's voice messages, they sound a bit demented. What works for you? wenda

StephanieCD
12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
I always think it's the one thing that would really let me down if I ever went out dressed. I have quite a quiet voice(except if i've been drinking that is) I think someone should start classes on talking female. I think they might get a lot of students

There are CDs (compact disks) for it you can order online... I forget where I saw it - maybe in the link list thread? Even had samples of men with there male voices and then switching to female voice. One of the three was believable enough for me to think about ordering the set, though... but still - they were all better than me!

Christine1960
01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes, I have a very female voice. When on the telephone I am usually called “Ma’am”. In choirs I sing 1st Tenor or Alto, can easily hit all the high notes.
Christine