PDA

View Full Version : what are these little straps for?

ronni
10-05-2006, 06:04 AM
I bought this gauze dress that ties around the neck, and it has these little, clear, stretchy straps sewn into it and I don't know what they are for! I thought maybe they helped hold it up so I tried to put my arm through one of them and broke it! Does anybody know what they're for?

KathyT
10-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Those straps are to hold on the hanger. You should have a hanger with a cliip or slot that you slip the straps on to hold the dress in place

Teresa Amina
10-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Those straps are to hold on the hanger. You should have a hanger with a cliip or slot that you slip the straps on to hold the dress in place

Lacking the proper hanger you can loop them over the hooky part to keep the dress from sliding off.

ronnie06
10-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I have a bad time seeing...are these inside the dress itself? are you sure they are not the ones the manu. puts in for hanging?
many ladies clothes have straps built-in for hangers...
I have found many skirts that way.

Stephenie S
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes, of course. They are for helping the dress to stay on the hanger. Just loop them over the top hook. Many better dresses have this feature.

Steph

Tree GG
10-05-2006, 09:47 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh that just made my day - not that you didn't know what they were, that you put your arms through them. Too cute.

They're there to keep the garment from stretching in the wrong places while on the hanger. It transfers the fabric weight to a stronger area. In the case of shoulderless, gives you something to hang from. Sometimes I find them more trouble than they're worth & depending on the garment, may cut them out.

JoAnnDallas
10-05-2006, 09:52 AM
My LBD has these inside of it. Since the neck line is wide enough that when I put it on a hanger that it would slide off, if I didn't use the little black loops.

Rachel Morley
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I bought this gauze dress that ties around the neck, and it has these little, clear, stretchy straps sewn into it and I don't know what they are for! I thought maybe they helped hold it up so I tried to put my arm through one of them and broke it! Does anybody know what they're for?
:rofl: I'm laughing not at you but me, because I used to think the exact same thing! I could never understand what they might before, although I didn't ever put my arms through them and try to wear them :heehee:

Us guys!....we have so much to learn about girly stuff, don't you think? :D

Ronni.....you're the bomb! :happy:

Billijo49504
10-06-2006, 12:02 AM
That is what wives and girl friends are for. Too teach us the thing we need to know...BJ

ronnie06
10-06-2006, 12:07 AM
That is what wives and girl friends are for. Too teach us the thing we need to know...BJ
===
whats a wife?

whats a girlfriend?
havent had either of those in my life for almost a whole complete decade...

ok.
teasing ya a lot here...but seriously...."I" have been alone for SO long...in just a short while it WILL be a decade

I forgot other people have-to-have someone around.
I am a natural loner.

Sarah Smile
10-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Now, I'm laughing because I've actually seen GG's (skinny ones) wearing tops with their arms through similar straps! I guess this cluelessness is not just a CD symptom! :lol2:

trannie T
10-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I wish that all this stuff came with full instructions, it ain't easy being a crossdresser.

Butterfly Bill
10-06-2006, 08:31 AM
I always cut those things off, along with the shoulder pads, if any.

Tree GG
10-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Now, I'm laughing because I've actually seen GG's (skinny ones) wearing tops with their arms through similar straps! I guess this cluelessness is not just a CD symptom! :lol2:

Ain't that the truth! I'm just as guilty.

ronni
10-07-2006, 07:54 AM
You've got to be kidding.
They're not to wear? They're just to hang it up by?
Do you know, I searched the entire WWW looking for an answer, and that's it?
Do girls automatically know about things like that? You know, becuase they don't come with instructions? I must be an idiot.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2006, 07:58 AM
They are for hanging but they are more or less a PITA for me as they always tend to pop or stick out when I am wearing the stuff.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Sandy I am
10-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks ladies, I too wondered about those straps.I learn something every day!
Luv Sandy

donna anne
10-07-2006, 01:59 PM
The first blouse I bought with those straps I tried to put my arms through,
what a sight that was. Just bought my first real nice dress the other day,
cut off those straps, then went to hang it back up and realized what they were
for. Dug them back out of the trash so I can try to sew them back. Should have asked before I cut them off.

Sarah Rabbit
10-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey girls, don't berate yourselves too much. The fashion industry,like others, make poor assumptions, that 'everybody' should know theses things. I think I know only one GG who knew what the straps were for.:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Jasmine Ellis
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM
use them on a hanger like the others have said

Agles
10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
i hate those things, yes as it keeps being said there for hanging off a hanger. i would cut them off if you possable can. you dont half to hang everything up there are dressers for a reason. as for when i wear stuff with them they tend to stick out and are hard to tuck into the clothing.

well theres my 3 cents

='.'=
Jamie