PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, Mirror!

Robin Leigh
10-05-2006, 12:48 PM
How important is having a mirror to your crossdressing? How much do you need to see "the girl in the mirror"?

When I dress up, I must have access to mirrors. Not merely a little compact makeup mirror, I need big mirrors, preferably full-length mirrors, and the more mirrors, the merrier. :)

Is a big mirror important to your CDing?
If so, how many mirrors do you have access to at home, or wherever you dress up?
Do you have any fancy or special mirrors?

For the purposes of this poll, a wall panelled or tiled with multiple mirrors counts as a single mirror.
Please don't count your compact mirrors in the poll. The mirrors must be large enough to let you see your head & bust (at the same time).

What are the "highlights" of my mirror collection?

One wall in my living room is partially panelled with mirrors. In my bedroom, I have various mirrors, including a bedside table with a tall tiltable mirror attached to it, and an antique dresser with three oval bevelled hinged mirrors attached. I've given away quite a few of the mirrors I've found over the years, but I still have eleven big mirrors here in my small flat.

If we were counting small mirrors, I could add possibly another dozen. My shaving mirror is unbreakable: it's a platter I salvaged from a dead hard drive, made from some mysterious silvery alloy. :)

I've been fascinated by mirrors all my life. Some of my earliest childhood memories involve playing with mirrors. But with all these mirrors around me, I rarely look at my own face when I'm in guy mode. Sometimes I don't even bother using a mirror when I shave my face.

So tell us about your mirrors, ladies!

Robin

Nikki Dee
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Just two full length mirrors for me.!!!...I think you have a mirror fetish love.!!...you must have many "reflective" moments.!!!!!
Love Nikki. x

LisaRose
10-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Nottoo many mirrors but nice large picture windows do a good job. Especially at nite.

Win Der Mere
10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
And what about those silly little mirrors in the car, that you can't really reach..............
Win

linnea
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I wish that I had at least one large, full-length mirror, but I don't. I have a medium-sized mirror in the bathroom. It's adequate, but I really love it when I'm in a hotel room with a full-length mirror to use.

Siobhan Marie
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I've got a big mirror and it stays in my bathroom.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

Sam-antha
10-05-2006, 03:37 PM
The one in the hall way is my favourite for the times I am going out. There I can see Sam-antha on her way and that is as good as seeing her born again in the bed-room mirror.

Jodi Lynn
10-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Three big mirrors, Two in the bathroom, a 4' x 6' wall mirror and a full length mirror, One full lenght mirror in the walk in closet.

JeanneF
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I only have a couple of mirrors, but I live in a rather small condo. But, I can't help but stare at myself in the mirror when I'm dressed...I'm a bit vain. ;)

GG Vanya
10-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I voted 1-5 for me and Trudi. Actually it's six. We, of course, have a very large mirror in each bath, two in the master bedroom, and two large decorative mirrors in the great room.

Now, I'm waiting to hear from Sophie Haworth! :D Yeah, I noticed all those mirrors leaned up against the garage door in your "met the postman" thread Sophie. Fess up, how many?????

Lilith Moon
10-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Three full length ones. Angled correctly, I can get views of myself all around. Then there are several "auxiliary mirrors" in the bathroom. Some of these bathroom mirrors "just happen to be" fixed on doors so I can adjust them to give multiple reflections from all angles.

Roberta Lynn
10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Sliding mirror doors on the bedroom closet.
Does that count for one or two?? :happy:

Mary Jane
10-05-2006, 06:52 PM
The main reason I dress is to be able to see what I look like. Digital pictures are great but a full length mirror is a must.

Kate Simmons
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Mirrors are okay, Hon but sometimes I don't like what I see when I get up in the morning-----Sheesh!:happy: Ericka

Rachel Morley
10-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Large mirrors? We have two...the large floor to ceiling sliding doors that are the entrance to our bedroom closet. It translates to a 12ft long x 7ft high wall of mirror. The only other mirrors in the house are the three in the bathroom which aren't full length, but they are on doors so if you're creative you can get an all around view.

Snookums
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I used to have a mirror from a shoe store just to see how the shoes I had on looked with jeans,it broke in transit from florida to here,I'm not so vain that I have to look at myself when I'm dressed.

trisha maiden
10-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh my having a mirror is just as important as having eyes!

Trisha

Robin Leigh
10-06-2006, 07:02 AM
I think you have a mirror fetish love.!!...you must have many "reflective" moments.!!!!!
Love Nikki. x
Maybe you're right, Nikki. Perhaps I'm more of a parrot or bower bird than a Robin. :D

Now, I'm waiting to hear from Sophie Haworth! :D Fess up, how many?????
Me, too, Vanya. :) I think a mirror fetish would complement her shoe fetish rather nicely. :heehee:

Three full length ones. Angled correctly, I can get views of myself all around. Then there are several "auxiliary mirrors" in the bathroom. Some of these bathroom mirrors "just happen to be" fixed on doors so I can adjust them to give multiple reflections from all angles.
Angling mirrors can be fun. If I sit at the right spot on my bed, I can see my reflection in 6 mirrors.

Sliding mirror doors on the bedroom closet.
Does that count for one or two?? :happy:
Hmmm... I'll let you count that as two, if you like.

The main reason I dress is to be able to see what I look like. Digital pictures are great but a full length mirror is a must.
And a mirror is even better than live video. A mirror gives a full 3D image, whereas (most) digital photos are 2D.

Oh my having a mirror is just as important as having eyes!
A girl after my own heart, Trisha! :happy:

I wonder if there are any CDs that are blind from birth? Sure, there is the aspect of how femme clothes feel, but I suspect the visual element is extremely important.

Thanks for all your comments ladies. Keep 'em coming!

Robin