PDA

View Full Version : New Style Shoes

Sophia Rearen
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Okay, the new fall style of shoes have gone masculine. What do you think, is this style a friend or foe of the crossdresser? Endrab, is it okay to wear these? Would it still be considered crossdressing? If you are enfemme would you want to wear them?

I'll stay clear of them. Be interesting to see them on a GG though.

StayceeCD
10-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Yuck!:thumbsdn: Nowhere near girly enough!! Seems to me one more example of it being ok for women to crossdress

Sonia_cd
10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
...they look terrible!!!!! :thumbsdn: Why would anyone design something that looks that bad.

Sonia

KarenSusan
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't care much for them. In drab, would be accused of crossdressing. EnFemme, not feminine enough.

CDtv
10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
with a tailored skirt or pants suit reflecting the 1950 librarian motif i would wear them (and not just for Halloween)

They're heels aren't they????

Sophia Rearen
10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
When going out dressed nicely endrab, I see my high heels sitting idle in the closet. I'd rather wear a dress and heels out. Could these shoes be a compromise? Wear them and my drabs? They're starting to grow on me.

Robin Leigh
10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
They're just a bit too masculine for my taste. :( I have to admit that they look like they give good support to the foot. Still, I hope they don't become too popular.

No way could you wear them in drab & not get looks, Sophia. Not with those heels, girlfriend. :D

:hugs:

Robin

Sophia Rearen
10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
They're just a bit too masculine for my taste. :( I have to admit that they look like they give good support to the foot. Still, I hope they don't become too popular.

No way could you wear them in drab & not get looks, Sophia. Not with those heels, girlfriend. :D

Robin

Looks, shmooks. Could be fun? The right length trouser could cover the bulk of the shoe. I would just be a little taller and having fun bending the gender line.
Can't do them enfemme either. Not fem enough for me!

Annaliese
10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I like them it would be fun to wear them with a pair a jeans.

Anna

SherriePall
10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Sophia -- Actually, they have a retro look to them. Maybe the 40's or so. So, maybe if you're dressing up in that era's styles, you could wear them. Can anybody back me up on this?

Robin Leigh
10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Looks, shmooks. Could be fun? The right length trouser could cover the bulk of the shoe. I would just be a little taller and having fun bending the gender line.
Can't do them enfemme either. Not fem enough for me!

Those soles are pretty thick, though, & I think they would still be noticeable. But hey, give it a go, if you dare. :devil:

Because they are lace-up they would probably be more likely to accomodate a wider foot, which makes them kinda interesting..... What am I saying? Quick! Somebody pass me some lipstick!... Phew, that's better. :D

I know a GG who would probably like them. And they would suit her. But not me.

Robin

Wendy me
10-05-2006, 02:39 PM
not something i would buy , but in a strange tomboy thingy way oddly cute but ugly at the same time.......

JeanneF
10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I could see that being a cute look with a blue pinstriped women's suit and a shirt with big collars...kind of an androgenous thing.

That's one of the few pairs of shoes I've seen this season that is not extremely girly. The trends are still to narrow shoes with high (3.5-4") heels...very feminine shoes. I actually was discussing that with a GG friend of mine last night...she was bitching about the pointy and round toed shoes that are in right now, and how she wishes the square toe and chunky heels of the mid 90s would come back, because they're more comfortable.

linnea
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree with you, Sherrie, but I think that the "retro" goes farther back in fashion history to the 1920s. I've attached a representative advertisement from that era.
In addition, I think that the shoes are klunky. However, the adventure that Sophia has thought about is intriguing to me too (with the right length of pants or slacks, it could be very fun.

Sophia -- Actually, they have a retro look to them. Maybe the 40's or so. So, maybe if you're dressing up in that era's styles, you could wear them. Can anybody back me up on this?

AprilMae
10-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't be caught dead in them. However there is someone in the house who would probably love them.

Wire Road
10-05-2006, 04:04 PM
who said this is the "new fall style of shoes".
this is the first time I've seen anything that hideous.

GG Vanya
10-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Yuck!:thumbsdn: Nowhere near girly enough!! Seems to me one more example of it being ok for women to crossdress

Au contraire! As others have noted, these are retro female style shoes. I have pictures of my Mom wearing shoes almost identical. Of course the heels were lower.

I actually "would" wear these, in black, with a nice little black pinstripe skirt/blazer business suit I own.

As a matter of fact, I bought a pair yesterday~ very similiar to this, in brown as well, except they are tall wedge soles and the toes are a bit more rounded.

I don't see them as masculine. I see them as tailored, and that, to me, isn't exclusively male styling.

Having said that...OK Sophie, give it up, where'd ya find 'em? I want a pair.

P.S. I'd rather wear this style, than those gawd awful "roach killer" shoes. The toe box is so long and pointed you can kill a roach in the corner. I wouldn't wear those things to a dog fight.

Cassy11
10-05-2006, 05:11 PM
The style isn't fem enough. For me the heel looks a little high to be all day comfortable.

JeanneF
10-05-2006, 05:18 PM

Here ya go...and they do come in black.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/18088434/c/63283.html

They're a unique enough style, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell really well, and you can get them on clearance at zappos in about six months. :)

Grrrrr
10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes! However what do you think of this pair of shoes as an alternative? :happy: 33055

GG Vanya
10-05-2006, 06:18 PM
LOL one word: FORE!:D

Jodi
10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Au contraire! As others have noted, these are retro female style shoes. I have pictures of my Mom wearing shoes almost identical. Of course the heels were lower.

I actually "would" wear these, in black, with a nice little black pinstripe skirt/blazer business suit I own.

As a matter of fact, I bought a pair yesterday~ very similiar to this, in brown as well, except they are tall wedge soles and the toes are a bit more rounded.

I don't see them as masculine. I see them as tailored, and that, to me, isn't exclusively male styling.

P.S. I'd rather wear this style, than those gawd awful "roach killer" shoes. The toe box is so long and pointed you can kill a roach in the corner. I wouldn't wear those things to a dog fight.

I agree with Vanya on this. This style has been out since mid summer. Ninewest has them. I was in the Ninewest store last week and the asst manager was wearing a pair like that in black. She was wearing them with black flaired pants and a crisp white blouse. She specifically showed them to me and stated how comfy they were. I have seen many gg's wearing them. This is the taylored look shoe for fall to set off the tweeds and plaids that are big right now. Most of you girls might not like them but I think you'll see many gg's in them before the year is over.

Jodi

Phyliss
10-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I like them it would be fun to wear them with a pair a jeans.

Anna

Here's something nice to go with your jeans:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Wide&ItemCode=54933&LotNumber=050029&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Black

I've worn these through the mall a few times while "en-drab" not a second glance. Of course I'm careful to not make too loud a sound with my heels on the non carpeted area.

flatlander_48
10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
with a tailored skirt or pants suit reflecting the 1950 librarian motif i would wear them (and not just for Halloween)

They're heels aren't they????

Yes, that would be the vision. Either that or just south of the Church Lady...

Julogden
10-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Those are some of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen!

Carol:hugs:

Adrienne Heels
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
definitely not my style!!

DAVIDA
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
My wife would wear those, but I personally don't care for them.:thumbsdn:

Snookums
10-05-2006, 08:51 PM
I like them,I have several pairs of New Port News heel loafers

Siobhan Marie
10-06-2006, 03:57 PM
I like the first pair of shoes, sadly they don't do my size as I'd love a pair and as for the boots, yes please!

:hugs: Anna Marie x

Maureen Henley
10-06-2006, 04:40 PM
If those shoes were black and with a lower heel, they would resemble the shoes that the nuns wore in my elementary school in the early 60's. They might work with a fetish outfit, but wouldn't buy them for regular wear. The high-heel golf shoes are, in my opinion, simply fugly.

Karren H
10-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Karren

sue ellan
10-06-2006, 04:44 PM
there is ugly and then there is UGLY.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Snookums
10-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Sophia,I like those shoes,where do I buy them

Snookums
10-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes! However what do you think of this pair of shoes as an alternative? :happy: 33055

with jeans

Jasmine Ellis
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh, no, I wouldn't wear them at all yuk

Melinda G
10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Not only are those shoes butt ugly, they are $300. A fool and ummmm, her money are soon parted.

Snookums
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Not only are those shoes butt ugly, they are $300. A fool and ummmm, her money are soon parted.

I will never pay over $100.00 for womens shoes.thats why I buy mine at Ross or TJ Maxx:thumbsup:

Joy Carter
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Okay, the new fall style of shoes have gone masculine. What do you think, is this style a friend or foe of the crossdresser? Endrab, is it okay to wear these? Would it still be considered crossdressing? If you are enfemme would you want to wear them?

I'll stay clear of them. Be interesting to see them on a GG though.

Kinda looks like something the well dressed woman lawyer would ware.:heehee:

Sophia Rearen
10-07-2006, 10:04 AM
This particular pair I found at Nordstroms.com I also saw similar shoes at Victorias Secret.com Yesterday while shopping endrab I found them at Kohls. Didn't buy them.

NatalieBliss
10-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I think they are the pug dog of the shoe world, so ugly they are cute. If I had the right outfit I would wear 'em!

whisky12
10-07-2006, 02:33 PM

I'll stay clear of them. Be interesting to see them on a GG though. there ok for working in the garden :thumbsdn:

Angie G
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
No thanks I dont like them :hugs:
Angie

Brianne_bc
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I love the heel and platform but ide much rather see it in a more feminine shoe like a maryjane....

Brianne_bc
10-15-2006, 07:37 PM
now this is a nice shoe... hope this works

Jennifer in CO
10-15-2006, 11:02 PM
If we're talking about a shoe that can be worn "in drab", this is the shoe I wear everyday
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressClassic&Width=Regular&DescriptiveColor=Black&ItemCode=55245&LotNumber=050927&Type=Adult&cm_id=coloritemgraphic

Jenn