PDA

View Full Version : First lingerie shopping experience

Avsblues19
10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I am soooo happy!!! I finally went out and bought my own panties. I went to a store here in Dayton, OH called Suggestive Some-things. It is a small store but the owner is the nicest and most accepting person you will ever meet. She helped me find two blue thongs. I haven't had a chance to try them on because only women are allowed to try lingerie on. I hope they fit. She would tell me what she thought would look good on me and sometimes even held them up to my waist to see if it would fit. If you don't know your size she will help you as she did with me! She even explained and showed how garter belts worked for me.

As I left the store I was soo happy. About five minutes later I went back in and bought a DVD. The store has lingerie, gowns, panties, bras, costumes, shoes, adult toys, and dvds.

I want to go back and buy everything that fits me!

Update: I tried the panties on, they both fit but one is a little to flexible in a certain region. I am thinking about selling that one. The other one fits good, but I wish it was a tad bit tighter. I think next time I go I will get a size smaller.

If anyone wants to know I am 22.

ElleCD
10-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Glad you had such a nice experience. Seems to me that you have found a real treasure trove there and a helpful owner. Perfect!

trisha maiden
10-05-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm so happy for you. First time buying lingerie is special for all girls.
I remember my first time was at a popular department store. I was all dressed and we'll after overcomig fear it was a blast! Hope you have many more panty adventures. Bye

Avsblues19
10-06-2006, 03:34 PM
I plan on going back soon to get more panties and a teddy!

Phyliss
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I plan on going back soon to get more panties and a teddy!

Call your credit card company and get an upgrade on your limit, you're gonna need it. :D :D :D

jamiecd636
10-06-2006, 04:23 PM
It's great you have found a place to shop. Do not be afraid to try Victoria's Secret. I did it endrab, had the best time. Tired on bras and panties. SA was great.

Jasmine Ellis
10-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I so happy for you well done

Agles
10-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Call your credit card company and get an upgrade on your limit, you're gonna need it. :D :D :D

STOP!!!!

that my be a tad bit dangeres. stick to cash for now. please for your own good.

='.'=
Jamie

june58
10-06-2006, 07:44 PM
congratulations! It is sooo much fun after you get over the initial fear. Helps when you have a great sales person to help on the first time. Girls just wanna have fun.

Angie G
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh ya shopping for lengerie is soooo fun :hugs:
Angie

ColleenCD
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Enjoy your new lingerie shop. Just be careful how much you spend! You'll need shoes:D

Colleen

Avsblues19
10-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Spending is something I will need to keep an eye on. However, my grandmother just gave me $30. I plan on looking for new shoes as well. She told me that she has some in my size. I forget the brand though. I will also look at wigs, if she has some!

JennAubade
10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Victorias Secret is great. I was totally nervous the first time I went in to buy my own lingerie, but the SA was great and totally set me up with a beautiful bra, panty and garter set, all in my sizes. Too bad I lost them in my first purge.:sad:

nitnyjess
10-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi Trisha Im also in State College area

cassius1976
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
the first time that I bought lingerie I did it a little sneaky. I got the size panties and bra that I wanted to try on and I also grabbed a couple of pairs of mens jeans. took all opf them into the dressing room. they never said anything. I ended up buying 3 pairs of panties and 2 bras and a skirt plus a pair of mens jeans

veryhappyto0
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Congratulation, the first time is always the hardest

Andrea Nicole
10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi,
I agree, VS is an extremely pleasant place to shopped dressed. I think thye know we don't give them a hard time like the GG's do. They appreciate that.
And I tip them at VS, especially the young ones.
Just my experience and opinion..

Jodi
10-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi,
I agree, VS is an extremely pleasant place to shopped dressed. I think thye know we don't give them a hard time like the GG's do. They appreciate that.
And I tip them at VS, especially the young ones.
Just my experience and opinion..

Andrea, I worked for The Limited and VS is owned by Limited Brands. Accepting tips from a customer is strictly forbidden. If one of those young ladies is known to have accepted a tip from you, she would be fired right on the spot.

Jodi

Brianne_bc
10-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Im trying to remember the first lingerie I bought... im sure it was xmas 1983 and I claimed I was buying it for a girlfriend, matching bra panties and garterbelt with stockings.... oh the good old days.... 39 dollars... in a nice box.
it got purged withing a few years

kerrianna
10-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Good for you. It's fun shopping when you know it's ok.
Let me know if you ever find a dress like your avatar's. It's one of my avatar's favourite too. :D

Kerrianna

Billijo49504
10-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Gee, I'm glad you had a good experience. Next time, go to a Lane Bryant store and buy from Lingerie to outer wear. And if you live in a cold climate, even a coat...BJ

CDCrissy
10-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I am in love with corsetry, a corset truly needs to fitted, never will I ever again by from the mail order, and liekly never the internet for something so special. Watch what you buy and try to buy from the outside in. Find teh dres you adore and then decide what you need to complete the "look" you want. Never go cheap on shoes, your sore feet can ruin a night for several nights.
Make up is another area that if you are cheap, your face will "out" you with acne and otehr problems...be careful, while the sales clerks may be friendly, they are people who love to attack and beat on us.
Find a friend, a shopping buddy, if your grandmother is OK with your choice to CD, then ask her, I am sure she will have valuable opinions taht you will listen to.

Avsblues19
10-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the advice Crissy! I have two beautiful aunts that I wish I could tell that I crossdress. I know they would have good advice.

I am in love with corsetry, a corset truly needs to fitted, never will I ever again by from the mail order, and liekly never the internet for something so special. Watch what you buy and try to buy from the outside in. Find teh dres you adore and then decide what you need to complete the "look" you want. Never go cheap on shoes, your sore feet can ruin a night for several nights.
Make up is another area that if you are cheap, your face will "out" you with acne and otehr problems...be careful, while the sales clerks may be friendly, they are people who love to attack and beat on us.
Find a friend, a shopping buddy, if your grandmother is OK with your choice to CD, then ask her, I am sure she will have valuable opinions taht you will listen to.

I will have to definitely have to buy the dress my avatar is wearing if I find it. I will be sure to tell you!

Let me know if you ever find a dress like your avatar's.

shannonsilk
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
a long time ago i was having one of my customary strolls through the lingerie dept and saw that they were having a sale on silk panties. i think these are the first ones I bought. i was the only one there and the SA didn't say a word. i still have them though they are getting old and stretched out . they are more like keepsakes.