PDA

View Full Version : Wig Storage Tips?

Drucilla
10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
I know that the best way to store your wig is on one of those fake heads --BUT--that not practical for a closeted CD.
Any good storage tips that will help prevent the "rats nest" that I currently get from putting it in a ziplock bag?

Joy Carter
10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I know that the best way to store your wig is on one of those fake heads --BUT--that not practical for a closeted CD.
Any good storage tips that will help prevent the "rats nest" that I currently get from putting it in a ziplock bag?

Cut the toe off an old nylon stocking then reach through it and pull the wig inside it to keep it from tangling. Also place it on top of your stash. :happy:

Mary Jane
10-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I use the boxes and hair nets that were on my wigs when they came. I have 6 wigs and none have ever tangled being stored this way.

sue ellan
10-07-2006, 07:40 AM
when i bought my wig. the sa told me never to store it on one of those striform heads. it will fall out shape. after you have washed and dried it just put it back in the box that it came in.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to end the faster it goes.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Pretty much what I do. I just keep them in the boxes until I'm ready to use them again. Ericka/Rich

Sarah Coleman
10-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Cut the toe off an old nylon stocking then reach through it and pull the wig inside it to keep it from tangling. Also place it on top of your stash. :happy:

Thanks for the tip. I used an old pair of pantyhose to store two of my wigs.