PDA

View Full Version : Laser hair removal - part 2

Rachel Morley
10-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Today I had my second of a planned six sessions of laser hair removal for my face and neck. I posted about my first treatment eight weeks ago back on August 12th. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37487
A few people had asked me to keep you all informed with updates, so here's what happened this time.

I had the same laser nurse/technician and so right from the word go I was feeling relaxed. Also I knew what to expect this time so that helped me feel more at ease too. The first thing the laser nurse said to us (my wife Marla came too) was that this time she would be using a different laser. Apparently the Lightsheer Diode laser was being serviced and so she would use the Alexandrite laser on me instead. This laser operates in only a slightly different wave length range to the Lightsheer Diode one but it has a larger spot size and so is faster. As far as I was concerned it was a suitable substitute for this one time. Next time I'll be back with the Diode one.

The biggest difference for me this session was that the laser had a fairly powerful sub zero blast of cold air coming out of it's head piece. This ice cold air on my face had the effect of cooling down my skin more. I still had the cooling gel applied to my face (as before) before we started. The laser nurse told me that she could see that it was working because she could see bald spots on my face. The actual feeling when you are being treated is the same, it feels like an intense bee sting or being pricked with a fine hot needle. When it hurts, like it does, I just focus on my goal which is to eliminate beard shadow as much as possible so that hopefully I won't have to wear as much foundation and beard cover when I'm en femme. I still got the burning hair smell as each of the hairs got zapped and so it's a case of "if it's hurting then it's working" :D

The Alexandrite laser did seem to pulse faster because we were completely done with my full face and neck in only thirty five minutes. Afterwards the burning feeling also seemed less too - probably as a result of the icy blast of cold air helping. The laser nurse said that she had increased the intensity of the laser energy than the setting I was on before and that she was pleased with my progress so far. She may be increasing the laser energy still further if she feels I need it. Finally, here is a picture of my face half an hour after the treatment. As you can see it's pretty "red and rashy" but it wasn't burning anymore. As I write this, it's three hours since the picture was taken and the redness has all but gone and the slight rash that remains should be gone by tomorrow and then I'll be back to normal.

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/856/postlaseram7.jpg

Jenna1561
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Angel,

Thank you for the update. It sounds as though the laser treatment is proceeding well for you. I was surprised to read that it was 8 weeks between your treatment sessions; is that an average interval? Did your laser nurse/technician recommend that interval or was that what your schedule allowed?

BTW, either I just noticed your signature or you recently changed it, but I really love that Madonna tune.

Jenna

EricaCD
10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks again for a nice, accurate, detailed update! Glad to hear that the treatment appears to be proceeding well. You are well on your way!

Best,
Erica

Jasmine Ellis
10-06-2006, 06:43 PM
thank you for the up date seems to be going ok

Sarah R
10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone this is actualy my first post. I'm new here, but not new to crossdressing.

Angel, Could you please let me know where you are getting your treatment done? I have been thinking of getting this done for a while now, and have just started to do some research on the topic. I am not sure where you are located. I am in the Sacramento area, so if the place that you go to is within a reasonable drive from here please let me know.
Thanks

Sarah

Rachel Morley
10-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Sarah,

I live in Sacramento - I'll PM you with the details.

GypsyKaren
10-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi Angel

I'll be starting laser next week, so I'm finding this to be very helpful. I have a question...how long after a treatment before you can put make-up back on?

Karen

Clare
10-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Thanks Angel for the update. It is great knowing what to expect when I start my facial laser treatment next year.