PDA

View Full Version : My first time shopping in drag! Jesse69

Jesse69
10-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello all you CDr's! Today was the first time ever I went shopping in drag! Total outfit of my best Kasper ASL size 4 skirt suit, Frederick's thigh highs, Nine West shoes, my femme glasses, my Kate Spade purse, and my Target woman's wallet. Dressed up, shaved close, and put on some foundation to hide my beard.

First store I went to was Fashion Bug, because I was motivated by their 30% off Fall Sale. Well, I went in but not many people saw me. And the sales clerks were all busy so no one greeted me. Well, I browsed all their stuff without any guilt looking just like any other normal lady, and I browsed the lingerie but found nothing I liked. So I left and then went to TJ Maxx. I entered TJ Maxx and passed people going to the lingerie section and I guess I 100% passed because nobody made me. Then I browsed the lingerie section and found a nice Liz Clairborn bra and panty set. I then browsed the rest of the womens section and the women and guys who saw me thought nothing of me. No remarks of - "that's a guy!" Now the hard part - buying my items. I went up to the black counter lady and showed my stuff without speaking, she then said this other lady behind the counter will handle me. She didn't think I was a guy! Then I gave my bra and panty to the lady, she scanned it, rang it up, got the total, and told me how much to pay. Well, I got out my woman's wallet and paid cash. Now the hard part comes - she asks me for my telephone number! I'm trying to do this all without speaking so now I have to speak! I say not so loud and trying to be slightly femme without exagerating -- "I only use a cell phone." It registers to her but then I thinks she smiling a little and I trying to hold back a giggle. I don't know if she read me by my voice but she had a smile! And I'm trying to hold back a smile! So out now I go to my car with my first enfemme purchase ever.

Next I decide to go to Macy's. I entered the store and browsed the womens section and all the lingerie and the guys, women, and kids that saw me just did not read me! I guess I passed 100%! Then I went into the mall! I was behind some teen girls and then they stopped walking in front of me and I had to continue to walk pass them. Their teen radar did not make me! I went to New York & Co and browsed everything without looking out of place! Then I went to this womens store that I was afraid off going to when in drab and I got a good look at their stuff but found nothing I liked. The only hard part of the mall excursion was that I was avoiding all guys so that they wouldn't hit on me. I got a good look from one old man and in another section there was this guy sitting down at a bench and he was giving me a good look as I passed. I noticed he was looking at me but I just don't know if he made me or if he thought I was some good looking chick. The only thing about my outfit was I was trying to look like an office girl just out after work but I was shopping at 8 pm! No teen girl or kid made me out at the mall! I then went back out of Macy's, into my van and drove to JC Penny. Entered and looked at the womens suits and lingerie and no one made me! Next I went into Victoria's Secret for a good look at their stuff. The women shopping there and the sales ladys thought nothing off me - I guess I 100 % passed! Found nothing I liked, and their stuff is expensive, so I went back to JC Penny then to my minivan and drove to Kmart. I entered Kmart and this kid and family who directly looked at me thought nothing of me! Then I browsed the casual wear past some 18 years girls and they didn't give me any looks. I then browsed the the lingerie section - nice bras but no matching panties, so I bought nothing. I hate buying unmatched sets. As I was leaving the store two guys in Halloween wigs were entering and walked past me. As I passed one of them he said, "look at that nice chick!"

The only bad thing about my outing was that I was going downstairs from my apartment and the lights were off and I was carrying my Dell E1705 laptop. Well, I couldn't see in the dark so I tripped on the first flight of steps and my laptop fell down the stairway. My DVD drive popped open and broke, and I had a big gash in my just new Fredericks thigh highs, but this was hidden by my knee length skirt. Good thing I got Dell's Complete Care Accident Protection, so now I will use that to repair my laptop. Check my slef in the mirror and my skirt suit was unscathed.

My motivation to try shopping in drag was that I get a gay reputation when shopping for womens clothes as a guy. I shopped a little already in this new city I'm at and I'm already getting a gay reputation. So if I'm 100% passable, I should just shop in drag! But I am overdressed as the only things I have are nice womens skirt suits - my fetish! I just have no casual wear and no interest in casual wear. Maybe I just need some for shopping so that I don't look to good or overdressed.

I'm temporarily living in Bowling Green, KY for a well paid temp job, my first out of state job ever. I always thought if I moved to another city I would shop in drag to avoid a gay reputation. Guess I should have done it from the start!

The pics show what I bought and how I looked! These Liz Clairborne panty and bra sets are the only bras and panties that I like. I currently only like this style type only, and I have a black, green, and rose pair as shown. Might like some other set I see but they too expensive. But I do have a Waocoal and Felina set though. I guess I look better in real life and not in pics, so I'm not photogenic.

trannie T
10-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Only you can make that decision. If you enjoy it and want to do it more, then do it!
Nice photo, you are quite attractive en femme.

Phyliss
10-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Cute chick. Nice to see that you're learning to smile a bit more for your photos.
Of course I voted YES. Isn't that the whole point of CDing?
Glad you had a nice day. Only two comments. You may have to think about some "casual clothes" if you're gonna go to the mall at 8pm, "office girls" would have changed by then. But then, maybe you were working late.
As for the "incident" on the stairs. Sorry to hear about that. More practice with heels is needed. If I don't get the chance to dress fully I will at least put on my heels around the house and walk around doing the normal things I do. I've gotten pretty decent about going up and down the stairs in 3" heels.
Good luck on more shopping trips.

Jesse69
10-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I might shop Goodwill for some casual wear. Actually I planned to do this all on Halloween. I guess I looked too attractive in a skirt suit.

mysteryhorn57
10-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I have always had good luck @ Fashion Bug. I just bought a pant suit and pretty blouse while in DRAB (fortunately the store was practically empty), the cashier remarked "That's a cute outfit".

I am a concerned over what looks like a hang up over having a "gay reputation". Society views crossdressers as pervs and deviants, probably even worse than gays.

Samantha B L
10-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I voted Yes,too.So Yes,shop more in drag.Half the fun in cd'ing is the hunt for clothes and stuff.And doing that enfemme is just twice as exciting. Samantha

Rachel Morley
10-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Hello Jesse,

I voted yes. I think it's fantastic that you are liberated enough to be able to go out en femme on your own. Believe it or not even though I have been out tons of times to all sorts of places, I have never been out on my own yet - my wife always comes with me.

There is one thing that you said that sounds a little bit worrying to me and that is when you said
My motivation to try shopping in drag was that I get a gay reputation when shopping for women's clothes as a guy. I shopped a little already in this new city I'm at and I'm already getting a gay reputation.
I'm confused. Why do you think that if people see you shopping for women's clothes in guy mode they will automatically think you are gay? How do they know that you don't have a partner? I don't mean to be derogatory, I just a little confused.

I do want to say again though, that I think you are doing great, and I think you should definitely go out en femme if you want to. You go girl! :happy:

Jesse69
10-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I guess most of the time when I shop for womens clothes as a guy they mostly think I'm gay. I only buy sizes 2 to 8 and these can typically fit a women my height also. I just think that's how society is. And I'm too shy to shop at some womens stores in drab like Fashion Bug, the Limited, and New York & Co.

I get called gay a lot - just because of shopping.

Noel Chimes
10-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Girl, a new town, the perfect outfit; you got it going on. Keep it up. The more they see you dressed, the less they will suspect. Since I moved, I've only been "made" once and I know I won't see him again.

Lisa Marie
10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Jesse Congradulations on your outing! I hope to one day take my first step out shopping as a lady. :thumbsup:

Jasmine Ellis
10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm confused how can you be a size 2 or 8

Jesse69
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm confused how can you be a size 2 or 8

I rarely fit a size 2, but I mostly fit size 4 & 6. Anything larger than a size 8 is too big, but I might buy it because I might get fat in the future if I don't watch what I eat and don't exercise.

Just bought a size 2/4 skirt suit that fit. Jacket is a 4 and the skirt is a 2. Tight fit but makes me look good. I've zipped up a size 0 skirt also but it was too tight.

Phyliss
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Zipped up a size ZERO!!!!!! Now I KNOW I hate you :tongueout :p :phbbt:

I can only dream of getting into a size TEN

Kieron Andrew
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
just a point CDing is NOT drag! you CD you dont do drag there is a hugeeeee difference, nice outfit btw

Angie G
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Jesse if you like shopping in drag and can pass then go for it wish I could
:hugs:
Angie