PDA

View Full Version : Transgendered Youth

ebony_tgirl
10-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Well .. don't get me wrong or anything I love the forums, and the advice I've received from the older members on the site has been great ... but I'm just calling out all the youth members here ... share experiences about high school, university, funny experiences, prejudices, being accepted ... anything! Again don't get me wrong, I love ya ladies, but once in a while it's nice to talk to people around your age who you can relate too a little more

ReginaK
10-07-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm a young enough. I'm going to be 25 soon, but I feel 52. :o

I don't really know what to say. I never really had any standout experiences. At least nothing out of the ordinary for a crossdresser. I get the usual "Are you gay?" quite often.

Nigella
10-07-2006, 04:11 PM
The problem you will find is that not many "young" CDs are comfortable with who they are. They hide behind closed doors, not knowing that there is a whole new world for them out there. They feel uncomfortable around anyone but the stereotypical male, doing all those butch things to hide who they are.

As they get older and more "mature" they realise that all that hiding did nothing to help them. We all have experiences to share, some may be older than others, but we have "been through it".

I'm sure if you start a thread on any of the topics you wish to discuss, you will find a multitude of replies, from all ages and differing TGs.

Agles
10-07-2006, 04:25 PM
im young, lol 25 now.
but as Nigella said many of us young TGs are uncomfortable around others (even our own).
me im down right frightend of about everything. feeling like a child in a corner or hiding under the sheets.

='.'=
Jamie

AlyssaT
10-07-2006, 10:12 PM
The idea of crossdressing and age is an interesting one. I'm in my thirties--neither old nor young.

It is certainly true that older sisters have great wisdom, perspective, courage, and the willingness to work to keep our local clubs and organizations running.

But sometimes I am sad to look around at a meeting and see that I'm the youngest person in the room. I didn't come to terms with my crossdressing until I was 21. Came out to my family at 24, so that I could go to my first meeting (I lived with my parents, and didn't want to sneak around.)

It's sad that I spent my teenage years thinking that I was mentally ill because I couldn't stop wearing my sister's clothes. But that was the Eighties, and information is so much more available now. I'm certain that even those young people of today who hide behind locked doors can learn about themselves and let their lights shine on the internet.

So shine! And share! We're all sisters here.

ebony_tgirl
10-07-2006, 10:37 PM
That's so true ... well thank for the frank but sweet reality check, that's why I love this forum .. alrighty, I shall start a new thread lol I need advice from mature CD's most importantly ... and I'll be sure to ask (or rather bombard) you all with questions lol hope ya don't mind

Billijo49504
10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi young ladies, the difference is, when we were young, we didn't have the internet to connect to others. A lot of us, thought we were the only ones that were like this. You on the other hand, have the luxury of the internet, to know there are many of us out there. And I'm glad for you. I don't wish for you, what I went through. Connect with those your age, and us old farts. But make sure you connect with someone, so you don't try to go it alone!!!BJ

brittanny
10-08-2006, 01:05 AM
I am not exactly young but I'm not old 28 I pretty much went through my teen years without the internet I was 19 when I first got internet access so until then I had no idea how many of us there were I knew I was not the only one but I thought there was mabey a few hundred of us around so I am thankful that us younger girls have the internet but it does seem we are not as out there as the older girls

AmberTG
10-08-2006, 01:48 AM
The voyage of discovery can be a long one for a lot of people, especially when they think there is something wrong with themself. Denial becomes a major issue for lots of us, without the internet, we had no connection to each other to know that we weren't the only one who felt this way. It's still hard for a young person to come to terms with this thing, so you're not as likely to see young people here as you are people in their 30s and beyond. They're out there, many of them are just not ready to come forward yet.
Amber

Kimberly
10-08-2006, 08:47 AM
About my coming out (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41738) in drama college.

:)

Nicole Lee
10-08-2006, 10:31 AM
19 here! unfortunately, i haven't "come out" yet to public. the people that know so far are just my parents, and they're not too happy about it. they say that their main concern is other people finding out (such as friends and extended family), and what they'll think about it and such -- and how it will reflect our family to our other family members.

but that hasn't stopped me from going out in "guy mode" with some tight girly jeans on. :) hey, guys in girls jeans is now in style, isn't it? lol!

Nigella
10-08-2006, 11:11 AM
19 here! unfortunately, i haven't "come out" yet to public. the people that know so far are just my parents, and they're not too happy about it. they say that their main concern is other people finding out (such as friends and extended family), and what they'll think about it and such -- and how it will reflect our family to our other family members.

but that hasn't stopped me from going out in "guy mode" with some tight girly jeans on. :) hey, guys in girls jeans is now in style, isn't it? lol!

I am very sorry to read this, their thoughts are about themselves and not you, but like they say, you can pick your friends but not your family. :hugs:

Nicole Lee
10-08-2006, 11:22 AM
well, the thing is, i also am concerned at how my cousins, aunts, and uncles will think of me and my family. see, although they may be thinking of themselves, i would definitely hate to be in a position where i'm the cause of my aunts, uncles, and cousins looking down on my family. i don't think i want to make crossdressing a lifestyle -- just something to do on the side so that i keep my sexual tensions at ease lol.

Katelyn
10-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm 25. I wish I was able to meet others when I was your age.

Amelia Moxon
10-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm 22 (23 in november) I know what you mean, don'y know any other young CD'ers outside of these forums.

I too wear girly jeans and also trainers when i am in guy mode, I personally think it is cool.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

ReginaW
10-08-2006, 02:11 PM
I am also a young CD. I am only 18.

Kimberly
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
The young girls here should organise a trip to Wayout, or Transmission...

or even Sparkle next summer. I'm not missing that event for ANYTHING in 2007.

;)

Kimberley
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
This thread is exactly why I have always been an outspoken advocate for youth and a blunt activist in support of them. (Regardless of whether others agree with me or not) We owe them the benefit of our experiences and our guidance wherever possible.

Margaret Cho put it perfectly when she said that a members of the LGBT communities we are in a minority and our human (not necessarily legal) rights are trampled everyday. If we cant support one another then we have to accept some of the responsibility for perpetuating that attitude and prejudice.

Welcome home Ebony. Here you have friends, young and old.

:hugs:
Kimberley

AmberTG
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
I agree with Kimberley on this, if I had this kind of support when I was in my teens and 20s, I wouldn't be so messed up now, I would have worked these issues out many years ago, just knowing that you aren't the only one like this is so important to self-respect and self-comfort, to coming to understand yourself and be OK with who and what you are.

ebony
10-09-2006, 05:52 AM
well Im 23 years of age I havent came out to the public and I dont think I am but I do Go to the transgendered clubs we have out here in hollywood and every blue moon I might get the nerve to get dressed and walk to the store just to buy any thing If I had just one friend that do what we do things would be alot smoother Its hard for me to tell my new girlfriend because coming out to my last girlfriend after a couple of years my crossdressing got to her she started having wonders of me being gay so whatever

Kimberley
10-09-2006, 05:44 PM
well Im 23 years of age I havent came out to the public and I dont think I am but I do Go to the transgendered clubs we have out here in hollywood and every blue moon I might get the nerve to get dressed and walk to the store just to buy any thing If I had just one friend that do what we do things would be alot smoother Its hard for me to tell my new girlfriend because coming out to my last girlfriend after a couple of years my crossdressing got to her she started having wonders of me being gay so whatever
"You have to kiss a lot of toads/frogs to find your princess"

If this is a serious relationship, then better to do it early before emotions get seriously into the picture. Letting it go can have serious consequences for both of you down the road. If I could turn back the clock 35 years I would not make this same mistake. It is a mistake for which I am paying a very high price.

Kimberley