PDA

View Full Version : Highschool dances

kally
12-31-2004, 12:49 AM
This afternoon i came across one of my old highschool yearbooks and as i was glancing through it this question came to mind.
How many of us would have loved to go to the prom,homecoming,etc dance in gowns instead of suits???
I know I would have.

Kally ;)

racquel
12-31-2004, 01:59 AM
Not me,hated high, glad to get out never would go back.

eleventhdr
12-31-2004, 02:19 AM
Yeah but looking back at it now I realize just how backward it was. I mean they would not allow males in Home Ec which is what and where males needed to be. Yuck PE was just god awful stuck in it for four years and not everone can fix car's and car engines. I finally found out to late that males need to know how to cook and sew and all of that. Had it been allowed back then I would have crossderssed just to get into this class that would have showed them. Oh well!. I lot of stuff was stupid back then. Suzy!.

Cami
12-31-2004, 02:26 AM
I agree with Racquel in that I couldnt wait to graduate / get out of HS. But on the other hand I was crossdressing at age 13 so I wanted to wear many of the gowns I saw at my prom but had to keep that to myself.. I had to go dressed as a guy. :o

Krissi
12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Most definately, High School might have been a lot more fun as a girl. Still to this day some of the things Teen girls wear are my favs. From the lil denim skirts, to cheerleading outfits, to prom dresses. Now I'm gonna have to leave work and go dress up...lol.

StephanieCD
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
I didn't have a prom - went to a very small private "alternative" school... I did, however, wear a long indian skirt to school every once in a while and even got some other guys doing it - started a whole "comfort is beauty" trend for a while. I visited the school some years later and saw a boy in the same kind of skirt - looks like I made an impression!

Well... then there was public school - different, sad story.

But, nope, no prom.

Wenda
12-31-2004, 11:05 AM
I have a nightmare from time to time that I missed an algebra assignment, and I have to go back, get algebra or my graduation will be revoked as will subsequent diplomas and degrees. Nope, no desire to go back, drab or drag. wenda

melody
12-31-2004, 10:43 PM
I absolutely HATED school, both high and primary, I would never ever ever ever ever ever go back, and I'm a very open minded person who reconsiders things all the time.

StephanieCD
12-31-2004, 10:51 PM
If I could go back to public school and change something I'd probably just beat the shit out of all the guys that pounded me instead of just taking it to prove a point...

iseiai no okama
01-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Yes, but it would be embarassing if i ended up wearing the exact same dress as my date.

Then again, i wasn't the type to even go to a dance back then. The music was crappy, and nobody really wants to watch a crowd spasming to a beat.

Vallari
01-04-2005, 05:29 AM
I am in college now and glad to be out of highschool as well. I often think about what it would have been like going to prom as Rachel. Probably would've been a lot more fun - especially with a hot guy as a date! :D

I'm more interested in how I'll show up at our high school reunion myself!!!

Vallari
01-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Wow! Im just thinking about the guy putting a crosage around my wrist, having his arm around my waist, pictures, and him slow dancing with me and all that good stuff! Gosh prom would've been a dream! :o :rolleyes: :)

Vickie-CD
01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Guess I'll have to raise my hand for a big yes on that one.
Love,
Vickie

christine55
01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
My h.s. years were my best childhood years of a very crummy childhood.
It would be a fantasy come true to go back as a girl. I still love the stuff the girls wore back then.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/blue.jpg

LaceyNicole
06-09-2005, 09:05 AM
i thought about trying to go with my SO in reversed modes as a "prank", but i didn't think she would go for, and didn't think i could feasibly get away with it as noone besides her knows about me.

babes
06-09-2005, 09:12 AM
I would say yes as well. I would have loved to put on a gown and feel like a princess

Melissa A.
06-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Heard somewhere recently that a guy showed up in a gown at his prom this year(don't remember where), and was told to leave. When he came back, he was suspended from school. Guess not all educators encourage self-expression. Every time I think we're getting somewhere, I hear something like this. *sigh*.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

JoAnnDallas
06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
I started school at age 5, later they skipped me a grade and I ended up a 16 year old high school grad. So I was 1-2 years younger and one of the nerdy brainy types, so you all know the rest. Did have a girl friend when I was a Jr/Sr. Found out years later she was a lesbin, but I loved her. She would let me see her undress to panties/bra and get dressed from there. I loved to zip up her dress for her. She went to the prom with me, we got a lot of stares, guess rest of my class could not see how a pretty girl like her could associate with a nerd like me. Other guys tried to get her to dance with them, but she refused and only danced with me. We had agreed to put on a show and boy you should had seen the looks we got. Payback can be sweet.

Rayna
06-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I didn't have a prom - went to a very small private "alternative" school... I did, however, wear a long indian skirt to school every once in a while and even got some other guys doing it - started a whole "comfort is beauty" trend for a while. I visited the school some years later and saw a boy in the same kind of skirt - looks like I made an impression!

Well... then there was public school - different, sad story.

But, nope, no prom.

We must have gone to the same school. There were a few guys who wore skirts to school.. too bad i was still in denial at the time and ashamed of what i was doing. I never had the courage to do it.

Stormgirl
06-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Not me,hated high, glad to get out never would go back.

x2

*bleep* High school :mad:

Lisa Maren
06-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone

I was happy at high school... who knows, maybe I could take a second crack at winning the heart of the girl I was in love with... but if going back means I'd have to go through college again, I'll take a pass, thank you!

During my high school tenure, though, I wished I could have been wearing a pretty dress to the prom like the girls, though! I wished I could have been wearing my date's dress. lol Beautiful dark blue strapless number, dark blue pantyhose.

Hugs,
Lisa