PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Out Disasters

Kelsy
10-07-2006, 03:32 AM
With encouragement from my SO I have been warming up to the Idea of stepping out in full dress. Its a scary thing!! what are some of your worst experiences out and about!! need to know.

Jennifer

noname
10-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Encouragement from your SO? I wouldn't do this unless you want to do this. As for disaster, I have no idea. I've gotten a couple of strange stares, but that is it. Of course I don't try to pass.

IMO worst case scenario, is someone you know spots you. It's ok, as long as you don't care. But if you do, imagine a coworker, boss, other family member. Just be prepared for something like that.

Phyliss
10-07-2006, 04:32 AM
No real disasters my time "out" unles of course you count:

Almost falling on my face stepping off a curb at the mall parking lot.

Having to walk through that same mall by myself, (my sister waited at the other end while I went for the car)

While driving to another store I made a wrong turn and got stopped by a cop.

By the end of the day I HAD to "P" and so,......I had to use THE ROOM.

"Other than that small incident, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Tracy_Victoria
10-07-2006, 06:20 AM
came out of a very quite ladies toilet once with my skirt tuck firmly in my knickers :eek: (another ladies pointed it out to me, but never mention anything else. :happy: :happy:

Maureen Henley
10-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I've never had any disasters, but a few incidents stand out in my mind.

I was seeing a therapist for stress issues, and went to my last session en femme, having discussed it with the therapist first. While returning to my car in a parking garage, I caught a few lewd remarks from constuction workers who "read" me. I simply walked quickly to my car and left.

On another occasion, my wife and I went to brunch at a local restaurant after a Tri-Ess shopping trip, with two chapter sisters, both of whom were then in drab. As we were being seated, my wife was spotted by an old friend of her parents, who is a part-time Baptist minister. She went to their table and chatted for a few minutes, while I remained at our own table. I never heard any fallout from that incident.

We went to the Triangle area of NC for a party at a friend's house, and my wife suggested that we combine the overnight trip with a shopping expedition at a nearby outlet center. Saturday morning, I dressed and put on makeup, we checked out of our motel and went to the outlet stores. After several hours of shopping, I went into the Ladies restroom to change back in Marty. I had to wait for more than a few minutes until everyone else had left the restroom before I could dash to the sink and remove my makeup and dart out into the open again.

My wife has always said that her only concern while being out with me while en femme is her concern for my being embarassed or harassed. She doesn't care what others might think about her having a cross-dressing husband.

Lilith Moon
10-07-2006, 07:49 AM
I guess that your main fear is being "read" and ridiculed. I've had some like that, but you can always walk away from them. Here are a few:

Surrounded by teen mallrats screaming "It's a guy in a dress" was probably the worst.

Getting out of my car after checking myself at home and satisfying myself that I looked fine. Only to see a cafe window filled with laughing faces all looking at me.

On numerous occasions I've been aware of people looking, pointing, giggling or whatever. But I've also been out many times and had no problems at all. You are going to be noticed sometimes and I know the thought is terrifying but after a while it becomes merely an irritation. :hugs:

kathy gg
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Jennifer rather than focusing on all the *possible* negatives that *might* happen if you go out...why not take steps to plan and prevent these worse case scenarios from happening.

If you are going to a store you have never been before or a part of town or a night club, check it out in boy mode first. Make sure that if you park yrou car {and it is nighttime} that there is good lighting. talk to yoru SO about what you want to do when it....shopping? clubbing? restaraunt? If you think you might be using the ladies room see if they have a unisex or handicap washroom.

Make sure you dress appropriate for the time of day you plan on going out. Not because *I* am trying to be the fashion police, but if you wear clothing which makes you stand out...well you will. You have to decide ahead of time are you going out to blend in or to be the centre of attention?

Let yoru SO be your guide on your presentation {make up/wig choice}. If you plan on doing alot of walking, think twice about wearing 5" heels. Your choice in footwear can make this a fun excursion or one which all you remember is your feet pounding in pain. bring tissue's {to wipe excess perspritation should you get nervous and your facebegins to melt}:o Carry your male id with you. Some people who have the SO with them and are new to driving dressed might be more comfortable with their SO driving.

Also...don't build up expectations to levels of fun which are hard to be reached. Runs in stockings happen, teenagers snickering happen, and the waiter refering to you as Sir might happen. Don't let other people make or break your fun day.

My husband and I have been out more times than I could possibly count and no outing is ever *perfect* and many people {even not tg} think he passes pretty damn well. Some times things happen beyond your control and you just have to move through those moments and let the negativity slide off your back.

Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff.

JenniferMint
10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
One time I went out wearing a pink shirt and pink pants. After a while I began to feel self-conscious because I realized no other girl dressed like this---pink shirt yes, pink pants yes, but not at the same time!

I did notice people looking at me more than normal. I'm not sure if I got read, but the extra attention made me nervous since I was afraid of getting read.

But then I met up with my GG friends so I didn't care anymore since I wasn't alone anymore.

trannie T
10-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I received a rude comment on the street once, but that is far out weighed by all the positive experiences I've had. My worst time in crossdressing is developing the courage to go out.

Kelsy
10-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the posts girls! I know I can't dwell on the possible negatives . Thing is I love being who I am but the girl inside is a wee bit timid but I think with a little practice, some great clothes, makeup, various essential equipment and alot of coaching with my SO I will find myself on the outside!!
Thrilling to think about it!! Thanks again

Jennifer

lauraanytime
10-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Looking back it was actually fun.....the first time I ever went out enfemme other than halloween was late night to the store to food shop. In my ho outfit, with 4in pumps, mini skirt, fishnets, etc. Had fun shopping, got smiles from the workers cause at 6'2 I don't pass to well even at my best attempts. What a rush your first time. Got back to the car all excited and ready to try another all night store then it happened...the car wouldn't start. No drab clothes of any kind in the car even shoes. Had to walk almost 3 miles home on main roads. Scared to death walking like that at 4am. Feet hurt for a week. Had one car stop to try to pick me up for hire. Always keep drab clothes in the car now. Brave enough now I would walk home enfemme probably. Somehow in the last several years I care much less about what others think. Just go and have fun.

MelissaAndProudOfIt
10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Well however passable you are as a crossdresser really is no great deal, when you go out dressed you are being honest about yourself, your inner feelings and above all being honest to the general public lol (not that some deserve it!) but the truth of the matter some though laughing at non passing crossdressers might titter but some should truth be known titter nervously as some dress in the confines of there room at home, though titter at us crossdressers who don't pass, simply because they are with their friends/ mates... to throw off the fact they dress lol. We are all after all only human.. some guys are jealous of guys who do a grand job of dressing, as they wish they could dress secretly... we are all the same biologically, it's not the case of who crossdresses and who doesn't lol, it's more of a case of whose telling the truth about their inner feelings and whose not... Of course there are some chaps who are married and their partners don't know.. well I decline to comment on that situation for personal reasons... Though my fiance new about me as a crossdresser, before she knew about me being a guy, so I have personally no problems about dressing with my fiance being present...

Karren H
10-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Got my skirt caught in the toilet when I flushed it.....thank god for those elecrtic hand dryers....the two old ladies that came into the restroom while I was drying my skirt off were quite amused. Lol.

Been read plenty of times but then again I don't care!! Just part of the hobby!! Being a chick is not for the weak or meak!! Hehehe

Love Karren

Billijo49504
10-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry for my remarks. But, Hell if the SO or better half is in your corner, you should be able to take on the world. Because you're world is very secure, with a supportive wife. I know, I have3 one too....BJ

4strokerocket
10-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I went to the salon today in short cotton shorts and a baby-doll t-shirt. most of the customers and staff that saw me smiled. I gave those that stared the most brilliant smile I could muster and a great big wink. I find that people are more likely to to be rude if they think you will back down.