PDA

View Full Version : neighbors

slamddoger
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
do you go out if you see the neighbors out? what if you make it out and on the way home your neighbors are outside

Lisa Golightly
10-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I wave and say 'Hi!' with a smile :)

renee k
10-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I agree with Lisa. Just smile and wave.

Huggs, Renee

Eileen
10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Once they have seen you, all you can do is wave and smile! Then you at least out to them! I am sure my neighbors have seen me leaving the neighborhood. Yet to date no one has said a word to me.

Eileen

Nigella
10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
But of course, otherwise I would never go out, however if you mean do I go out dressed if the neighbours are out...

... But of course :straightface:

Jasmine Ellis
10-07-2006, 06:01 PM
love thy neighbors, no such luck. For this girl to walk out side fully dressed if my next door neighbor was out. They would have a fild day on me.

I do walk from front door to my car dressed very quickly jump in and go. And if they are out side when coming home I drive past and wait somewhere for a hour then try again.

axdressa
10-07-2006, 06:10 PM
going out if the neighbours are about ....mmm ... well the first time was a nightmare but I decided if they see me they see me .... and i know that they have but either they are not to sure it was me or that they are to embarrassed to say anything i dont know but no-one has said a word to me or my partner so .... what the hell i do it all the time now no matter who is out

hugz Mallisa

MelissaAndProudOfIt
10-07-2006, 06:20 PM
My whole neighbourhood knows, though to date not a bad word has been uttered, which frankly though it has nothing to do with them what I do, I have been very surprised, as at the start I sorta expected something to be said, but in the end nothing has ever been said. Though my first trip out in the day was years ago now lol, the thought of going outside my front door no longer is no great deal, even if neighbours are out.. I just do my own thing, they see and acknowledge as do I, and i carry on...

I have been shopping to town since (daytimes) visiting restaurants and cafes, seaside lol, I have done loads of things dressed, as far as i am concerned it's no big deal anymore.... though just a sheer pleasure to be myself...

sherell
10-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Depends on your cicumstances. I personaly prefer to keep out of sight while out dressed.

kwebb
10-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Anyone ever get this whole 'prisoner in my own home vibe' like it is over here?

GG Vanya
10-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Once they have seen you, all you can do is wave and smile! Then you at least out to them! I am sure my neighbors have seen me leaving the neighborhood. Yet to date no one has said a word to me.

Eileen

Well if they did say a word to you Eileen, I'm sure it'd simply be: Hello Ma'am!

Your avatar picture is probably "the" most passable picture I've seen on this forum to date!

I read your post closely thinking: Ok, is that a GG or a CD? :D

Kudos!

jennig
10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
HI for maney years I hid my dressing from all looked around all corners so to speek. always hid from neighbors and then relized its my life not thiers of anybody eles. so I come and go as I please now I dont go out of my way for all to see but I dont hide it eather. I guess you reach a point when you relize that hideing in the house is not what life is. so go out enjoy life and who cares what the neighbors say or think. love jennig:2c:

Glenda58
10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Been going out during the day since coming to the forum. Most niegbors don't talk to me any ways sothose that see me don't know who it is that lives here. I go to the mail box dress all the time. So let them think what they want.

Rachel Morley
10-07-2006, 09:58 PM
The neighbors directly opposite are the only ones that can see me when it's time to get to the car. Although we don't talk to these neighbors other than nodding and saying hello when we take the garbage out, I do still get concerned when we go out and it's daylight. They have this big swinging chair that is in their front yard and they sometimes sit out in it in the summer. There have been times when I just "went for it" and just walked to the car like I owned the place, and to date, nothing bad has ever happened.

Stephenie S
10-07-2006, 11:23 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post, I sort of made a "pre-emptive strike" and told my next door neighbor. I figured she would see me eventually anyway and it would be best to get the information out on my terms.

I have had no feedback so far, but we were not that close in any case.

Steph

Billijo49504
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
If my neighbors are out, rarely, I'd take off my wig and just walk from the garage to the house. They are old and in their 80's and more. So I don't worry, The folks on the other side, I don't worry about.
BJ

Noel Chimes
10-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Since I have moved into a new neighborhood, it is easy to slip in and out dressed.:c9: I have a privacy fence on the street side which blocks anyone's view of my back door.:devil: (house door that is). And with the car just outside, my only concern is the gates. But since they don't know me, I can come and go quite easily. Now one of my neighbor's gg relatives saw me one morning, and asked me if I lived here,:eek: I said , "no". Some friends of mine had just moved in and I was visiting them.:heehee: Nothing else has been said since. I love it.

Siobhan Marie
10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I choose to stay indoors when dressed as I wouldn't pass. Mind you the flat I live in is ground floor and front facing. I'm sure people can see in. I don't care its my home and I'll wear what I want.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

justtwosexy
10-08-2006, 02:21 PM
lol....well the first time that I had the nerve to go out with my wig on I was stopped at the end of the driveway to pull onto the road and an old friend who has absolutely no idea that I dress drove by. Not sure if he figured out it was me as haven't talked to him since. Was a very strange feeling

Michelle

kathy gg
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
My husband and I specifically bought our house because of the privacy factor. There are large trees and no windows in the front of our home. We also have a garage door which connects to the front porch area. Getting in and out is not an issue if the neighbors are out, because the way our walkway in tucked away and long they would have to have binoculars to see anything. On the evenings when we have friends over who are not very passable we ask that they park in the garage and come on that privacy garage door. But all that said I am sure our neighbors on both sides have seen Amanda ...and as of this time no one has actually confronted us....I also believe the less you talk and know your neighbors the better.

If you really are unhappy with yoru privacy....relocate....that is what we did ...well and we needed a new home....

Eileen
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Vanya, are you sure you got then right name for your post? Your words are so very kind! If they were meant for me, thank you very much! But I can not take the credit! I have to give it all to Clare McAfee, aka The Wiggoddess. She did a great job considering what she had to work with! Check out her web site - TG North.com.

Eileen

GG Vanya
10-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Vanya, are you sure you got then right name for your post? Your words are so very kind! If they were meant for me, thank you very much! But I can not take the credit! I have to give it all to Clare McAfee, aka The Wiggoddess. She did a great job considering what she had to work with! Check out her web site - TG North.com.

Eileen

Yep, I got the name right. :happy: Your look is totally age appropriate, something I give high marks for. Admittedly, my eyes are 51 years old, but I see nothing masculine in that avatar picture. Don't be so quick to pass off the credit. We all began somewhere when it comes to makeup, GG or CD.

Here's your :hugs: and again, :thumbsup: to ya!

Andrea Elva
10-09-2006, 04:26 AM
I go outside in my yard and well those that live around me will see very litle as they tend not to watch what goes on except for what is happning in their own yars so it is fairly safe. The people that have the best view, their driveway is directely opposite mine at that is the only view into my yard.
They do not even glance my way.

I am moving to another place at the end of the year but there my yard is in full view of my neighbors, luckly only on two sides, my back and one side so going out will be easy. Only problem is the lane leading up to the complex...only one way in and out. I have the first place.

Some years ago I had a good giggle at a neighbor's expense as he walked down the road in drag, he had on his sisters dress, wig and even makeup. I was sitting watching Tv and he walked down the road. to a friends place. Later two girls walked back up to his place and after a while his car pulled out with him driving with his friend. It was only later on a few days later that I found out that the girl was him,that is how I knew.
This goes to show that most people will not even relize that it is you comming and going, they all too wraped up in their own doings..:love:

JoAnnDallas
10-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I go out around the yard about three times a week. Take out the trash, go and put mail in the mailbox. I have had a neigbor a couple of house up from ours wave at me a couple of times. At that distance, I pass 100%, and I wave back. We live near a middle school, so I have had school kids walk by. They seem to Preoccupied to notice me. LOL

Robin Leigh
10-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I live in a small apartment block with one entrance. I try to avoid encountering my neighbours on the way out, and have rarely encountered them when I return. However, late one afternoon a few years ago, I thought the coast was clear, but when I got downstairs there were at least half a dozen young people facing towards me, just hanging around chatting. :eek: They went silent, and were gone when I returned.

Robin

vbcdgrl
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
I try to avoid 'em, especially the long time ones who know my drab identity. So far, so good. As far as when I return, it's always too late for them to be out. A garage with remote door opener is helpful, too.

Vikki

ColleenCD
10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't ventured out in view of the neighbors yet, not sure I could. Where did put that bottle of courage?

Colleen

Snookums
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
none of my neighbors speak english,and I don't speak spanish,if they see me,then they see me.
My SO and I do not associate with the neighbors,one is a gang member,personally I don't care for gangbangers.

tekla west
10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
There is no language called "Mexican". They speak Spanish. Which is spoken by more people in the world as a first language than any other.

I know, its so bad that my neighbors are Hispanic. Always having their family over and all. Didn't they get the message that "family values" is just a slogan for votes, not a way to live your life. Matter of fact, its got so bad that every night when I go to bed some Latina crawls in next to me. Yeesh.

You know what is worse? My family came over from Germany to Ohio in the 1840s. That damn Latina woman next to me can trace her roots in California back to 1790. The nerve of her showing up first.

Snookums
10-09-2006, 07:42 PM
There is no language called "Mexican". They speak Spanish. Which is spoken by more people in the world as a first language than any other.

I know, its so bad that my neighbors are Hispanic. Always having their family over and all. Didn't they get the message that "family values" is just a slogan for votes, not a way to live your life. Matter of fact, its got so bad that every night when I go to bed some Latina crawls in next to me. Yeesh.

You know what is worse? My family came over from Germany to Ohio in the 1840s. That damn Latina woman next to me can trace her roots in California back to 1790. The nerve of her showing up first.

excuse me I know that,my SO is from Puerto Rico