PDA

View Full Version : courage to go out

racquel
12-31-2004, 05:29 AM
AS I stated in my reply to Charlotte yesterday I was going to get out dressed,and I did.
My friend came to pick me up and took a couple of pictures before we left, but the film ran out after three or four.They are in being developed now.
We went to a lingerie shop I frequent(always in drab)she has often asked me to come in dressed so yesterday I did,then we went to a wig shop where I had bought a couple of wigs (in drab),both ladies were very complementry which boosted my confidence immensely.
After that we went to a local meat store and stopped at the bank.Drawing no noticeable adverse reactions I suggested going to a local value village (a large thrift store) huge,well lit,five p.m.We looked through everything and picked out a lovely dress and a blouse for me.I actually almost forgot I was dressed, it just seemed no natural.Iforget which one of the girls here said in a previous post, that the thing to remember is not so much to act like a woman but to remember to NOT act like a man.I loved it.
On the way home I suggested going to a local cafe and we went in and had a glass of ice water while our take-away was prepared.I have been to this cafe many times but only in drab.I recieved smiles but nothing negative.I am actually looking forward to returning to these places to see what they say.
All-in-all I must say I had a great time.Will be picking up pictures later today and I hope to get Tristan or someone to help me get them posted.
Being on this forum is so empowering.I love you all. :D :D :D :D

Vickie-CD
12-31-2004, 05:42 AM
So happy to hear you had such a nice time. That was a BIG step and you succeeded, congrats. I know from my experiance that was a life-changing event for you, A day you will never forget. It is so nice just to be able to be yourself in everyday life. I love reading about someones positive and happy experiance at this forum. Thanks for shareing with us.
Love,
Vickie

Sandra H
12-31-2004, 06:01 AM
Hi Raquel.

It sounds like you had a great time. It feels great when you go out dressed, my first outing must have been over 15 years ago with my wife. We went shopping several times and had lunch out. We even went to the ladies and nobody looked twice. As you say you forget you are dressed as it starts to feel right.

It will be nice when you next go into the stores if they say, “oh your sister was in the other day”. Very well done and I for one can not wait to see the photos.

Tristen Cox
12-31-2004, 06:55 AM
Most excellent! I'm very happy for you. I can't wait to just get the courage to go out myself(and not act like a guy..lol). Let me know when you get the pics I'd be more than happy to help. *hugs*

Love
Tristen

Donna Louise
12-31-2004, 07:04 AM
I only wish I had a friend to venture out with. It makes it so much easier. It does sound as if you had a truly wonderful time.

Donna Louise

CharlotteSomers
12-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Congrats Raquel! The first time is always the best and you did more in that one day than I have done in my entire life. Good job!

p.s. looking forward to the photos.

paulaN
12-31-2004, 03:54 PM
congrats that was one hell of a big step. I love to here tales like that. you're heading for a good year in 2005. dressing and going out is so much fun.

irish7
12-31-2004, 04:19 PM
What a great day for you! I'm new to all of this but this forum is truly empowering. Such great people and such GREAT support. I am amazed and touched. You all have created quite a unique community here. Congratulations to all of you....

DonnaT
12-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Very nice Raquel. Congratulations of a successful first of many outings enfemme.
----------
And Welcome to the Forum Irish!

Chrissycd
01-01-2005, 03:01 AM
if it's unusual to get adverse reactions when we go out dressed en femme because people who read us simply find us to be a refreshing change from the every day people they always see, if they are just being polite, OR if we are actually passing. It's hard to judge. I'm tall, so when I go out, I am almost always read, even though I look rather feminine in the face. (Damned Adam's apple!!!!) But, nobody has been rude to me, yet...
Knocking on wood.
Chrissy

racquel
01-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Chrissy,I think that you may be right about the polite thing.I cannot imagine that I "pass" at my height and weight, although my g/g friend says I look good, she is after all my friend. :p
I went up the street today but did not meet any of the ladies I had visited "dressed".Will let you know what their responses are. :eek:
Picked up the photo's from the shop and there were no images on the whole roll of twelve.This was one of those throw-away types so i'm not sure what happened,they are usually quite reliable in my experiences.
still thrilling from the experience.

Wenda
01-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Awesome! Way to go, girl! Sounds perfect. wenda.

Vickie-CD
01-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Racquel, I know for a fact that at the wig shops, a very large portion of there business is from x-dressers. They know it also and appreciate your business with them. This is one place you can go and be yourself without any whispering behind your back. Where I live I am a regular at a store called "Joyces Touch Of Class", they know me well and to them I am just one of the girls, nothing more & nothing less. Sometimes we joke about the name should be changed to "Joyces Touch Of Trash", I have a lot of fun there.
Love to All,
Vickie

Allie
01-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Cool to hear that you had a good outing. :) I hope i can go out someday as well, but at the moment im low on pretty much everything id need. but hopefully not for too long...
Allie ::)