PDA

View Full Version : Make Up 101

melissainks
10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
In my mind I have an order of how to do this.
Make Up and clothes, followed by Breast forms and wigs. I am just starting out and the question is :
What should be in my make up bag right now ?
When I am in guy mode which right now is 99% of the time, what should I be doing skin care wise, that I can do without tipping any one off ?
Thank You

melissa

DanaJ
10-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I would suggest looking at the Beauty Club forum here, I believe that subject has been covered in there - and besides, there are lots of great tips in there too :)

Sky
10-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Makeup bags are a matter of personal preference. I used to wear a rather sizable handbag packed with makeup stuff. But in my book, the must haves are:
- Powder foundation. Easier to apply than liquid when you have little time to retouch.
- If you wear liquid foundation, have setting powder.
- Concealer, one or two shades lighter than your foundation.
- Eyeliner.
- Lipstick. (especially if you plan to kiss somebody...:heehee: )
- If you wear fake nails, an extra set and glue. They fall off at a rate of one every five... minutes.
- Hairpins. Wigs have a tendency to fly off at the most inconvenient moments.

hotbobbie
10-09-2006, 01:16 PM
MOISTURIZERS for you r face to keep it soft

Lori SC
10-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Well Melissa,

I want to comment on your priorities. I'm not saying they are wrong. Whatever you decide is right for you. But consider:

I doubt you'll be going out until you have all the items on your "list". So at home, when you look down at yourself, what do you see first? Clothes, then maybe breasts or hair. You won't notice make-up at home unless you look in a mirror. Matter of fact, you don't even need to shave your face if you don't look in a mirror!

I myself think that forms make me feel more feminine than anything else, followed by nail polish and a wig. So those would be my top priorities.

Hmm, I guess nail polish is part of makeup, so that's got my vote in what you should get first.

Hugs, Lori

Billijo49504
10-09-2006, 11:42 PM
I agree, you can have a bazillion things or just a few. I used to have a lot of makeup, still do. But I use a Physician Fourmula foundation compact and a blush compact and a few lipsticks....BJ
PS I still have the big bag full of makeup.