PDA

View Full Version : Flare Leg Jeans

Jenni
10-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Just a quick question for the fashion police:p I really enjoy wearing low-rise jeans, and usually buy them at at Limited Too or the junior's section of dept. stores. Usually the jeans sold for that age group are flare leg, and I've decided I really like the style.

Only thing is, I'm in my late thirties. Everyone tells me I don't look nearly my age, even without makeup on. I don't wear the extremely wide leg, but ones with just a slight flare to them. Am I pushing the age boundary a bit too much?

jen:doll:

zoe jordon
10-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Just a quick question for the fashion police:p I really enjoy wearing low-rise jeans, and usually buy them at at Limited Too or the junior's section of dept. stores. Usually the jeans sold for that age group are flare leg, and I've decided I really like the style.

Only thing is, I'm in my late thirties. Everyone tells me I don't look nearly my age, even without makeup on. I don't wear the extremely wide leg, but ones with just a slight flare to them. Am I pushing the age boundary a bit too much?

jen:doll:

Hi im zoe i love the jeans that are flared!!!!Infact ive got a pair nice and tight round the bum and im 32 so your never to old!!!

love zoe xx

Paula G
10-08-2006, 03:11 PM
If they look good on you, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a pair like what you described that I got from someone in their late 30's, and my wife likes how they look on me (I'm 44).

suzi_cd
10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Has anyone said that you shouldn't wear them?

I love my low riding jeans ;)

Sally24
10-08-2006, 04:28 PM
The only pair of fem jeans I have right now are flares and I love them! I am 52 so I wore flares when they were first popular. They are actually on the down slope for the young crowd now. That makes it perfect for the over 30 crowd that tend to wear more what they want, and less what is in style this year.

GypsyKaren
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm on the wrong side of 50 and I wear them all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

Karen

Sage GG
10-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm on the wrong side of 50 and I wear them all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

Karen

:iagree: I like how they fit with boots

Jodi
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I think what you got are called Bootcut jeans. These have a slight flair and are designed to fit over ankle boots. What you would call flaired jeans are generally a wider flair. When I worked at NY & Co we had the bootcut, flair and straightleg. There was a definite difference bewteen the bootcut and flair. The flair were much wider.

Jodi

Kimberly
10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
No, flares are fine.

If I was being really fashion concious, I'd say that flares are on the out and its all about the skinny jean!!

... but that'd be boring. xx

fionasboots
10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Yep, I just bought some boot-cut jeans also and they are really comfy. All jeans seem to be boot-cut these days, there's even plenty of guys jeans in the same style!

As for skinny jeans ... well I got some of those too and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were actually quite big on me :D

I wouldn't worry about the age thing, jeans are a good comfy thing to wear whatever your age.

Byllie
10-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Having lived through the 60s and 70s, in the heyday of bell bottoms (anyone remember elephant bells?) flare pants just don't do it for me.

Karren H
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Flair, straight, boot cut.....they are still jeans!! Ewwwwwww!! Don't own any fem jeans and never will!!

Love Karren

Nicole Lee
10-08-2006, 08:38 PM
^^^ hater. :p

flares are sexy indeed, and most of the pairs of jeans i own are flared or are boot-cut. but kimberly is right. skinny jeans are the new "thing" it seems, which isn't a problem with me -- but personally, i think they look a lil' silly -- at least when i try them on in stores. hehe

i think that flares are fine for older adults. i see moms wear them a lot (even the low-rise junior cut!), and they look sexy in them! so, i'd say, stick with it! :)

Kimberley
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Mildly flared no. Bell bottomed is pushing it. Just make sure the "fat" content is low or they will look bad no matter what top you are wearing.

Jeans are today worn stylishly with heels. Casually with anything.

Kimberley

Rebecca Jeanne
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Recently I bought a pair of ankle boots from Nordstrom which didn't go well with straight leg jeans so I just purchaced a pair of boot cuts from Talbots.

Jenni
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Mildly flared no. Bell bottomed is pushing it. Just make sure the "fat" content is low or they will look bad no matter what top you are wearing.

LOL, I know it! Fortunately, I haven't got too much fat around the waistline, and they really look okay.

I've seen some girls wearing low-rise pants that are just a bit too tight for the amount of "padding", and things kind of spill over the edge. Heard someone call this the "muffin pan" effect. :heehee:

jen

vickie_tv1556
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
jenni, as far as I'm concerned flared jeans never went out of style, I love them. I also do not believe age should dictate what we wear. we are as young as we feel.
Best Wishes,
Vickie

Adrienne Heels
10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Boot cut jeans look very sexy with either ankle boots or high heel pumps.....but skinnies look so hot with pumps, too!! Maybe I should buy another pair!

Snookums
10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I wear nothing but low rise jeans,straight leg,boot cut and flair

noname
10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm in my early thirtys, and like you I look a good 10 years younger. I had waited for several years for the flare leg jeans for men. Finally I just went out and bought a pair or womens. I wear them all the time, even to church, no one has said anything to me. I have noticed a couple trying to 'figure it out' if you will. My only advise is to have a complete look if you will. You may find a young punk hair look will help you pull off the look.

They are actually on the down slope for the young crowd now.

Well kind of, they are still popular though. I just started wearing them so I will for at least several years. The new trend now is skinny leg jeans, as well as black jeans. I will say, ever since I started wearing womens jeans I will never go back. It's made me want to do more shopping than I've ever done in my life. I've got this nice large catalog in my head of things to buy if you will. Choices choices choice.... I really must wonder what the mens clothing makers are thinking. ( oh wait, they are not thinking ) IMO mens clothing makers are a bunch of losers.

Gisele
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Fan of the flair jeans here.:D

lisa68
10-10-2006, 11:49 PM
If you like to wear them than wear them. As long you feel good about yourself than don't worry about what others think when you're out in public. I love my jeans tight around the legs or my butt. I have flare and low rise. I'll be 38 in Nov. Do what feels good. Mine is size 9.

Snookums
10-11-2006, 12:16 AM
in the 70's hip hugger bell bottom jeans were in,then they went away,I was so sad,I loved the fit and look.
Low and behold,they came back but just for GG's,but I didn't care this old hippie,57,wears them again.
I am happier than a hog wallowing in fresh mud.

noname
10-11-2006, 01:18 AM
in the 70's hip hugger bell bottom jeans were in,then they went away,I was so sad,I loved the fit and look.
Low and behold,they came back but just for GG's,but I didn't care this old hippie,57,wears them again.
I am happier than a hog wallowing in fresh mud.

That last bit made me smile :) Now where are those hyper color shirts?

Kelsy
10-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Just bought a new pair and love them!! I can't believe I fit into a size 9 juniors
luv the low rise and that little zipper! Tight and sexy - look great with my heels ----smile----

Jennifer

Larissa
10-11-2006, 07:19 AM
I think it was on What Not To Wear that they suggested flaired jeans to help a less than curvy figure look curvy. Hey, if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! Go for it girl!

TeriAnn
10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I have a pair of low rise jeans and I love them. I wore them with a pair of tan t-strap pumps and got all kinds of compliments. Also had on tan blouse with frills down the front everyone I cam across want to know where I bought it. It was great:D By the way i am 49 yrs old

nicolv
10-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I bought a boot-cut pair of trousers last week and they look fantastic!they feel so different than mans trousers.I had them hidden in the car and wore them in secret but yesterday that was raining I told my wife that my normal trousers got wet so I returned home waring my lady's trousers.She didn't notice they were lady's!!and told me they look very nice.So I put them today at work...and still nobody noticed...What a fantastic feeling...I wish I could wear my high heel boots to!

nicolv
10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Anybody know how I can post a picture of myself in my profile....since I am a new member and I still don't know how things in this forum work

lisa68
10-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Jennifer I couldn't agree more with you. I wear size 9 jr. and I love the way they fit and look sexy with heels. Go girl!