PDA

View Full Version : Question For GGs on Shopping

Joanie
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
This is for GGs as well as guys with far more experience than I, a heck of alot of you here....

This weekend, for the first time ever, I shopped at two Lane Bryants, ended up going to two since I found a skirt I wanted at the first one but not in my size, had to go across town. Anyway, I showed up in Drab at the first one after calling ahead. No big deal, they help guys alot, the women shopping there paid me no attention as they were all looking at their potential purchases. In and out of the dressing, no problem hardly anyone around, in all a great experience. Did purchase a pretty blouse. First time in a ladies dressing room in nearly 20 years!

Question--At the second one, I took in two skirts, a cami top and a cowl neck sweater. Tried it first with one skirt (the one absent from the store I went to first) and then another. The saleslady knocked on the door as I was changing back and asked "Is everything all right in there?" I answered, yes, getting ready to leave.

I didn't quite know how to take her inquiry, is this customary to ask in case the customer wants their opinion on how things appear or was she thinking "I wonder what he is up to in there...?????" She was very nice, I purchased the skirt and even called her back later to thank her for help, explaining I didn't want to make a big deal over it as I was in line with female customers when checking out.

Sage GG
10-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, anyone who takes"too long" in a dressing room they check to see if you are alright. Its mainly about could you need another size with a tiny bit of could you be shop lifting, in all probabilities it had nothing to do with how you were presenting at the time.

Agles
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
i would think of it like someone who's waiting on you anywhere else. if your taking time they will ask. it's all about getting you in the shop and getting you money. but im speaking from a retailers point of view, not a GGs.

='.'=
Jamie

Joanie
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the answers! Working up the nerve to shop at Lane Bryant, and these two were out of town and I visited them on the way back from an out of state trip, was sort of hard to do and this was a very new experience but not my last.

Jodi
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
As one who worked retail and checked the dressing rooms, that is the phrase that is used to see how the clothes are fitting, and do you need anything additional. That is just like the waitress in a restaurant asking the same thing after the food is served.

She was not checking up on you. She was doing her job in following up after you went into the room. I would use the phrase--How are things going? Do you need anything else?

Jodi

Joanie
10-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks, Jodi, as I am a basically shy person, yours and other answers have helped put me at ease for the next time I go shopping, hopefully soon!!!!

JenniferMint
10-08-2006, 08:46 PM
One time I was in the dressing room and an SA was knocking on each dressing room and asking if the person inside needed help. I just told her I'm fine and she moved onto the next one.

EricaCD
10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Sometimes a cigar is just a smoke...

Sometimes an "is everything going ok in there" is just an honest inquiry.

Don't sweat it.

Erica

kathy gg
10-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to say I am just surprised that when shopping for guy clothing the male associates don't do this...I mean what...do they not care about their quotas or is that guys jsut not wanting to get to close to another *gasp* possible semi-naked guy in the change room or do they just think each man is an island :tongueout ?

I worked in a guys retail store for a tiny bit of time ages ago and I can distincly remember knocking on the guys doors asking if everything was working out okay, need a different size...or what ever. I mean let's be real, it is a pain in the butt to have to put all yoru clothes back on and go back to look for the right size....I like when SA's check on me to make sure I am okay. I hate when you have to go looking for them and being half-dressed peeking out of the room ...that is what really sucks.

Stephenie S
10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Dear Joanie,

She is just saying, "Is there any thing else you need?". Like the blue top in a size smaller, etc. It's a perfectly normal question. It would be expected in many situations. It saves you from stopping what you are doing and going out into the store to get a different size or style.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Billijo49504
10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
The wife says that is the way they do it. Just a way to check to see if you need anything, different size or color, without being too pushy...BJ

Emma England
10-09-2006, 07:52 AM
how would I know whether I would want something else without first seeing it?

I like to know what an item looks like before wanting to try it on.

Di
10-09-2006, 08:19 AM
I like when they check on me.....in case I need a smaller or gasp larger size...so I don't have to get dressed to go out and get a diff size...and come back and undress again...I think she was just doing a good job....no worries hon.

Sandra
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I think the girls have covered it, she was just seeing if there was anything else you needed, don't worry about it next time.

DevotchkaGG
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Sales people generally work on comission, the nicer they are, the more helpful they are, the more likly you are to buy something (they hope). That's all.

vickie_tv1556
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I would not read much imto it. The bottom line is that stores want to make that sale regardless of who is buying what.
Waem Wishes,
Vickie