PDA

View Full Version : my first awareness...

Karen Johnson
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Started dressing when I was very young, 5 or 6. Always had this little girl inside but kept it secret. Never talked about it and neither did anyone else.

I'd always thought of female impersonators as fat guys that did Shelly Winter's impersontations. A friend told us of a co-worker that was a female impersonator at a little club in our neighborhood. One night another friend and I went. At the time I was very much in the closet.

The place had a stage and runway. These beautiful young ladies in evening wear would come out and lip-sync to songs, Diana Ross and that sort of thing. These girls were absolutely stunning.

Eventually it sunk in. These weren't women at all but the female impersonators. They were men dressed (and passing) as women. They had cleavage and everything! It made my heart race. Ever since then I wanted to know more, wanted to know of the secret passage between a feeling and the fulfilment of a desire.

Felt the need to share that and to share my gratitude for this forum which allows me to relax with my own.

Thanks all!

ColleenCD
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Karen,

Self discovery is amazing. IMHO fulfillment of desire in gentle measures keeps the emotional peaks and valleys at bay, and prevents regretable mistakes. I also appreciate this forum of friends like you.

Colleen

Karren H
10-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Sounds familiar!! I was 8 and I also never told anyone for 45 years!!! And I saw a couple things early on, A Life or Look magazine about transvestites in NYC... Couldn't put it down and couldn't believe how they looked like women!! And again a flyer for a Drag show in New Orleans when I was visiting my father!!

Love Karren

Sarah Rabbit
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Eventually it sunk in. These weren't women at all but the female impersonators. They were men dressed (and passing) as women. They had cleavage and everything! It made my heart race. Ever since then I wanted to know more, wanted to know of the secret passage between a feeling and the fulfilment of a desire.

Thanks all!You are talking about 'Nirvana' for just about every CD'er. If I could pass that well, I would be in 7th Heaven. Unfortunately I have NO words of wisdom:o

Sarah R. :bunny:

Kate Simmons
10-09-2006, 04:46 AM
Fat guys? Hey don't get personal here! I'm not fat, just pleasingly plumpt. Just kidding, Hon. Sometimes you gotta make the distinction of who you are. To the "average" Joe, CD's, TV's and FI's are one and the same. Not true as we all know. The thinking is if it looks like a horse, feels like a horse and smells like a horse, it must BE a horse. Well, some of us are stallions, mares, or fillies or donkeys or burros and we don't all fit the same mold. (Don't know why I picked horses but you get the idea). The biggest difference between us and FI's is that we get into being the person, whereas they see it as just a character they create for entertainment. A lot of them do look fantastic, however. Personally, I'd rather be a frumpy looking middle aged woman than someone who is just flashy, mostly because it's me I'm expressing and not some character I create. Now, what was my point exactly? I forget. Gonna be one of "those" days, I guess.:happy: Ericka