PDA

View Full Version : close to making a slip

Kaitlyn Michele
10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
if you've followed my posts over the yr i'm getting out more and more

i'm even making tg friends and its really great, but the thing is when i'm with others (not-tg) i keep coming close to sharing conversations or situations that i had dressed and out!! conversations that would give me away

i was talking to my dad and a neighbor today and i almost blurted out that my tg friend i was with at the bar friday nite told me a great joke ...

this keeps happening to me more and more, and its kindof stressful as my choice right now is not to tell people about what i'm doing in my spare time

anyway...does this ever happen to you??

Lori SC
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Yes, it happens to me.... but I just have to remember to think before I speak... useful in any situation!

Instead of saying when I was with the Tri-Ess group, I just say I was with some friends....

Now... there may be some Freudian psychology at work in your psyche that is causing you to think these thoughts since you WANT to tell everyone....

Mindgames!

Hugs, Lori:doll:

Kaitlyn Michele
10-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Lori--

thnx for the thoughtful response and i think you have some insight into what i s really going on...almost like i WANT TO GET IT OUT THERE

i know in my head that lots of folks would be fine and lots would probably shun me...but i want people to know..

the reality is that i have kids and i really dont think it would be healthy for them at this time (age 9/12) to hear about their dad being tg..since i'm not a transsexual then i really think its best to keep this part of me out of their lives

SherriePall
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Michele -- Those of us who want to be out to only those of our choice have to always stay alert and not let it slip about shopping for the wonderful dress or the beautiful bra or the bargains on pantyhose.
It's part of the territory of being a CD.

Nikki A.
10-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Sometimes I wonder if it's a slip or is it that there is a part of us that just wants to be open and free and not have to hide want we feel and want.

If it wasn't the fear of us losing our families or careers would we be more open in our dressing. You bet!! Most of us want to be honest with ourselves and others, we don't like to keep secrets or be afraid of what we say, but that is society and we have to play by the rules.

StephanieCD
10-09-2006, 07:47 PM
The worst is when I'm at work and the girls are talking clothes. They make jokes like "oh, you're probably bored with this conversation" - it takes all I've got to maintain my lie!

Or all the opportunities for good jokes. The other night at my buddy's bachelor party the bartender made him a special drink. He said he wasn't going to drink any more shots for an hour. She said "should I go get you a skirt instead?" Now, that was a perfectly acceptable joke (she was making it in very good humor) but I had to bite my tongue not to say "no, hun, that'd be for me." If everyone had known, it'd have been a great laugh at the time.

Instead I stirred my designated driver soda. *sigh*

Karren H
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Ohhhh yeah!!! I pick up all kinds of information while chatting online with my friends and usually end up with some info that I pass along to a local friend.....I just can't tell my source!! lol And I wonder if the person i tell ever wonders how I picked up this info!!

Love Karren