PDA

View Full Version : Bras - fitting/riding up

Cassie Cas
10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
(First let me start off by apologizing if there a thread dealing with this topic already.)

Has anyone had problems with their bras riding up? Since I don't have any boobs *pout* there is nothing to hold my bra down. What has anyone done to stop this. Also, has anyone tried the long line bras? Will they stop the riding up?

Hugs

sue ellan
10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
it might be that the bra is not right size. might try in getting fitted for a bra if that is posible.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes

Cassie Cas
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
ty sue_ellan

MarinaTwelve200
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Weigh it down with a couple of water ballons---Use Helium quality so they dont break as easy.

EricaCD
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Riding up? Hmm... that's not the problem most of us have. I'd guess there is a decent chance your band is too loose and/or your straps are too short. Try hooking one of the tighter hooks in back and loosening the straps a bit to see if that helps. If it feels better but not 100% better, you may need to go down a size.

Longlines generally don't ride up, but they are really prone to slipping (at least the strapless ones are) and they won't do much good at supporting anything that's not actually attached to you.

Good luck!
Erica

susann_gardener
10-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Actually Erica, I've found long lines to be just the opposite. I'm not talking about strapless bras, but traditional longlines. They do not move at all owing to the amount of bra, and the coverage is generally complete.

Anita Mae GG
10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Your bra is not the right size. your bra should fit snugly on the first set of clasps in the back. that of course is leaving room for when the bra starts to stretch then you can move the clasp to the next set until you are at the last and it is time for a new one. Also your straps are probably pulled too tightly on the shoulders. Having boobs isn't going to help. They actually weigh the front down even more thus pulling the back up even more. Try loosening the shoulder straps and tightening the back strap. If that doesn't work you need to find a smaller bra (back strap a lower number)

Cassie Cas
10-10-2006, 07:01 PM
ty all,

I guess I should get the nerve and ask for a bra fitting somwhere

Stephenie S
10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Dear Cassie,

Anita has told you that you may have the wrong size bra. This, of course, may very well be true. It is said that more than half of all women wear the wrong size bra so certainly may be true for us.

However, let me add my experience as I had the exact same problem in the past. I used to wear a size 36 A or B. I needed it tight in order to keep the bra down. Even so, when I was physically active, ie dancing, or even just reaching up over my head, my bra would ride up and I would have to discetely pull it down. So the bra was uncomfortably tight, and still rode up at times. Then I got a set of breast forms that have some weight to them. PALS cup size B to be specific. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Now I wear a size 40 C bra with the PALS and NO ride up. The weight of the forms is enough to keep the bra from riding up. The band is comfortable around my chest. The straps are loose enough to be comfortable. In short I have found the correct size. I can even forget that I have it on. Remember a bra is meant to be worn all day every day. If it's not comfortable, it's the wrong size or perhaps the wrong style.

So I think your solution may be to get some breast forms that have some realistic weight to them. Also, the size B forms sway and bounce very nicely in the C cup bra. Anita is absolutely correct when she says a new bra should be hooked in the first row of hooks. This lets you adjust it as the elastic ages. The shoulder straps should not be digging in; the lift should come from the frame of the bra and not the straps.

Anyway, that was my experience. It may take you some experimenting to find the correct size, but when you do, you will be glad you spent the time.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Rachel Morley
10-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Riding up? Hmm... Try hooking one of the tighter hooks in back and loosening the straps a bit to see if that helps.

Try loosening the shoulder straps and tightening the back strap.
:iagree:

Billijo49504
10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
You could go to Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug for a fitting. If it rides up, then the straps are to tight. So says my wife...BJ
ps. My boobs hold mine down.