PDA

View Full Version : I got waxed today

Elizabeth Anne
10-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Hold on, first let me say I went in for my regular brow waxing & to get my nails done. I had talked last time in about doing a "French" or "Americian" manicure next time. We decided to do the "American" since it is more natural with an off white tip rather than bright white. She did my nails, which I dearly love!! She did my brows next which I have no problems with.
We talked about waxing my legs, underarms, stomach & chest. I almost said no, which now I wish I had! Legs were not bad, underarms a little worse, but the chest & stomach, OMG!!! Bottom line, TOO MUCH HAIR & TOO COARSE.
I have never experienced pain like this & I am still hurting. To top it all off, I still have some stubbles. Oh, well, its not for everyone. I am going now to get some ADVIL.
I should have listened to another person who looked at my chest & said I should stick with Veet or Nair.

StephanieCD
10-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Thank you for that honest assessment of the waxing experience. I've always wondered and I imagine it can be good... but I'm afraid of what you're experiencing. Sorry to hear it didn't go well! But thanks for sharing :)

jennig
10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi sorry you had a bad time with the waxing> Did the waxer first trim you hair to a 1/4inch If not this would of helped. I have been getting waxed for years and belive me without waxing or shaveing I might be mistaken for a ecaped ape from the zoo. try a salon that only dose skin care and waxing this might help.
hugs jennig:2c:

Michelle2008
10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Elizabeth Anne,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I am not downplaying how painful it was for you but I have been getting a full body wax now for about 2 years. I go in every six weeks. My first time too hurt like hell but I had no stubble afterwards. And believe me, my body was so hairy my first time! Legs, bikini area, back, stomach, chest, arms, underarms....you name it, I was covered in hair. But now, my body hair grows back thinner and thinner each time. And also, either I am used to the pain or it truly gets less after time but it doesn't hurt anywhere near like my first time.

Maybe you had an inexperienced wax salon lady or maybe she wasn't use to waxing large body regions. I don't know but please give it another try. Next to laser hair removal, waxing is the way to go. I think many girls here would agree.

I hope this doesn't offend you. I truly want to help you realize that waxing isn't suppose to be comfortable. It does hurt but hey....sometimes acheiving beauty has to hurt to make it worthwhile and appreciated.

Good Luck,
Michelle

DanaJ
10-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I have to agree with the others, I have been waxed from head to toe several times, and I don't remember a lot of pain except bikini area. I have found that the waxer's experience makes a BIG difference in quality, and pain levels :)

Agles
10-09-2006, 08:18 PM
im sorry but i kinda like the pain. lets me know im alive.
anyway yes it being long could have made it hurt more and leave you with some stuble. bucease the hair broke instaid of being pulled out.

i say go back in a month or two and get it done again. it should not hurt as much do to the hair being pulled more strait. as well the hair that has grown back is not as deeply rooted so it will not hurt as much to have it pulled out. just as your brow must have hurt the 1st time (im sure it did not hurt this much though) the 2nd and so on did not hurt as much.

by your 3rd time it really should not hurt that much at all. also there are alot of stuff you can get for before and after to help with the pain. and just think its going to be nice and clean for a will. and feel so good, once the pain is go.

='.'=
Jamie

renee k
10-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

I had my body waxed a little over a week ago. And I have to agree with the others who have posted on this. It's really the experience of the person doing the waxing. I had very little pain. It's how the skin is pulled taunt and the direction the hair is pulled from the skin. The most painful experience I had was when I had he hair on the back of my neck waxed. Everywhere else has been tolerable.

Huggs, Renee

Rita Knight
10-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Elizabeth Anne,
I do not think you should use Nair. That stuff burns your skin. Now, I have been epilating my arms and legs for years. So long as you do it every week, I do not feel any pain. I would suggest epilating once the hair starts growing back. You may not want to do it on your chest or underarms. Do not try epilating fully grown body hair.

Rachel Morley
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
I've had lots of waxing done on my body, and for quite a few years. Legs, abdomen, chest, and underarms. I agree with you that certain parts of your body are more sensitive than others. The woman who used to wax me was surprised when I didn't flinch at all with my lower leg because apparently all her other female clients did.

However, my lower abdomen and the backs of my thighs were sheer agony for me! But it was all totally worth it afterwards :D

Deborah_UK
10-10-2006, 01:19 AM
it gets easier with time - I've been having my chest and back waxed for over seven years now, and the first few times it hurt like hell, now I've got used to it - its like ripping off a sticking plaster - indeed at times its quite a nice "pain" :heehee: , so stick with it - its so much safer than putting chemicals on your body!

Phyliss
10-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Waxing? Did somebody speak about one of my favorite subjects? Been getting waxed for a year now. and I truly enjoy it.
I will admit the first time I went was a bit uncomfortable. I went to a salon that has a full time lady who specializes in this. When I spoke to her the first time to make my appointment she told me to be sure to trim my excess hair with a set of clippers before my appointment (not shave but trim) and if I was sensitive to pain I should take two Motrin an hour before the scheduled time.
With each time since my first waxing, the hair that has grown back is finer and there is less of it. One of the things that Ch------e told me about, is that if a person is inexperienced or pulls from the wrong direction then they may not get all of the hair at the root or could possibly draw blood by pulling too large of an area. She usually starts on my back which doesn't have too much hair but this way the endorfins "kick in" and the rest of the experience is O.K. as far as pain goes.

Elizabeth Anne
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I just got the chance to log in since my post about my waxing experience.
First off, I would like to say, thanks, ladies, for all your posts. It is all being taken to heart.
I would also like to say that I have tried Nair & Veet many times & by far, Veet for sensitive skin works very well for me.
As I said, it was a spur of the moment decision to do the body waxing & she did mention that the hair was quite long. I know she waxed in the direction of the growth. She mentioned that also.
She also said that her GG clients take an aspirin before getting a bikini wax.
Something to think about for the next time.
I do plan to try it again with a different salon. Also the hair will not be as long next time!

Hugs,

Beth

Sarah Grae
10-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Just to add to what jennig said, the girl who waxes my arms says trimming chest hairs short before waxing reduces the pain involved.