PDA

View Full Version : Went shopping again

SherriePall
10-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Well, I went shopping for the second Monday in a row yesterday. Two weeks in a row I opened the Dress Barn. Last week I bought an LBD with a V-neck. The two women were nice as I tried on three dresses, using a borrowed pair of nice strappies. Of course, they tried to sell me the shoes as well. Paid $16 for the dress.
On the way home stopped at my pedicurist who just started opening on Mondays. An hour later a nice pearlescent pink on my toenails.
Yesterday I returned to the Dress Barn for a long-sleeve top for either the LBD or for a skirt I bought last year there. Two different women there and the one took me right under her wings. Tried on the tops and picked out a lace-look top with a single button. Works well in covering my arms and yet allows the V-neck to show my skin (I shaved my chest for the first time last week). They told me to come back as they get new shipments in all the time (do you think they know? I used Halloween as the excuse)
Then down to the mall where I ended up in VS. Told the young girl I was looking for a bra for Halloween. She asked what size and then asked what color does you wife like. It's for me, I said. Oh, she replied. She found some in the style I liked and then, without my asking, set up a dressing room for me to try them on. Also bought a pair of panties because she was so nice.
Finally, to Payless where the manager showed me right to the area and said don't be afraid to try them on. Got a pair of skinny heel pumps in black.
Whoa, now I'm out of money. If all goes well will take pics at Halloween.
Thanks for listening.

melissaabom
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
That is fantastic ....you go girl

Melissa

Sophia Rearen
10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Good for you, Sherrie. Last Friday, I went to Dress Barn for the first time. The SA's were very nice. She did the "what size is she?" question. I replied, "its for me". She asked if I was an impersonator. I didn't respond. As I was endrab she kept stealing glances of my breasts which were covered by my pullover fleece. Felt like a woman being leered at by a guy. "Hello, eyes up here please", lol. Anyway, now that you had such a good experience and you're confidence is high, maybe it's time to lose the Halloween line. Afterall, that expires in 3 weeks.

Karren H
10-10-2006, 11:15 AM
WOW Sherrie!! There goes the VISA bill. Lol. Can't wait to see the pics!!

Love Karren

Kaitlyn Michele
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM
sherrie
i'm sooooo happy for you!!! i'm glad it went well and hope yuo like your outfits

keep having fun and let us know the details!!!

PICS!!!! :heehee:

take care

SherriePall
10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Melissa - thank you, hun.
Sophia -- I am milking Halloween a bit. Although I am out to my pedicurist and to my former cosmetologists. I have been out to two young SA's at Dress Barn (one helped me back in February), but they disappear so quickly.
And I have never had my breasts leered out by an SA!
Karren -- There goes the cash. Don't know why I use cash when they ask your telephone number and I give it to them.
Michele -- I love my outfits. And the pics will be forthcoming.
BTW - the VS was a first for me. I have tried on clothing in many places, including KMart, but VS surprised me since they have never offered like that before.

Jasmine Ellis
10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm so happy you had a great day out again

Jodi
10-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Melissa - thank you, hun.
Sophia -- I am milking Halloween a bit. Although I am out to my pedicurist and to my former cosmetologists. I have been out to two young SA's at Dress Barn (one helped me back in February), but they disappear so quickly.
And I have never had my breasts leered out by an SA!
Karren -- There goes the cash. Don't know why I use cash when they ask your telephone number and I give it to them.
Michele -- I love my outfits. And the pics will be forthcoming.
BTW - the VS was a first for me. I have tried on clothing in many places, including KMart, but VS surprised me since they have never offered like that before.

Sherrie, You don't have to use the Halloween line. They know. SA's are taught to say things like "What is her size and what color does she like. As an SA I could not just ask if it was for him, but I knew. All of us in the store knew when a guy was shopping for himself. Just smile and tell them it is for you. This is especially true for VS. Unless the SA is new, they have seen it all.

Jodi

Adrienne Heels
10-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to agree with Jodi...I always let the SA's know I am shopping for myself. It helps them serve me better! And it is SO much more fun.

SherriePall
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Jasmine -- Thanks for the kind words.
Jodi -- I have gotten up the nerve to say it's for me when it's not Halloween, but as I said, those SA's seem to disappear. Is that a curse I bring to them? And I realize that most figure it out even before I open my mouth.
Karyn -- I have been telling them it's for me. It's just that with a limited budget and a wife who doesn't want me to buy any more things (I think she's jealous, but that's another post), I usually only buy near Halloween time.

uknowhoo
10-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Congrats Sherrie on your successful day out. We'll look forward to those Halloween piccies! xoxo T

SherriePall
10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Tammi -- Thanks for the kind words, but now you've put the pressure on me.

melissaabom
10-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Well it is nice to hear about Dress Barn ....being Cd friendly.
I just got a Dress Barn credit card ,it's time to shop .

Melissa
New England:2c: :2c:

Jenny586
10-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I went shopping the other day at VS, the SA asked if I would like to open a Angel card, after that, I spent to much money, oh well, you only go around once, might as well have fun doing it.

Jennifer

ColleenCD
10-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Sherrie, Congrats on your experiences. Halloween ends soon, and then the Christmas shopping season starts. I think Jodi is right about SA's, If they've been there for any length of time, they've seen it all. No one likes to be lied to enven for protecion of our private identity. If we risk telling them "it's for me" we simply get better service and gain confidence. With that said, I need to get back to my cowardly online shopping for misfit clothes. :heehee:

Colleen

Rachel Morley
10-14-2006, 12:04 PM
They told me to come back as they get new shipments in all the time (do you think they know? I used Halloween as the excuse)
I tend to think they do know, but that's even better if they do, because when it's not Halloween anymore you can happily go back again and again with no worries. :happy:

MsEva
10-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi Sis,
Great to know you are doing your patriotic part and pumping up the economy of NEPA! I guess you didn't see me up in the valley last weekend. Glad you are having a good time purchasing pretty things.

MsJordan
10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a great experience!! I've been thinking about being upfront and honest with SA's too because I honestly think it will relieve alot of my stress and nervousness.

I've used the Halloween, Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day excuses as we all have before.

Great job and the pictures will be great!!

Jodi
10-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a great experience!! I've been thinking about being upfront and honest with SA's too because I honestly think it will relieve alot of my stress and nervousness.

I've used the Halloween, Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day excuses as we all have before.

Great job and the pictures will be great!!

Jordan, Shopping openly is as easy as falling off a log. There are about 12 stores where I have routinely shopped in drab for years. I have built a rapport with the managers and staff. When I go in, the staff know already that I am shopping for me. They know my style, my size, and what I like. They expect me to try on, and they automatically begin setting me up a fitting room. For me, it is a social experience along with shopping. It is not unheard of for me to spend over an hour in a store chatting with the staff while shopping. Believe me, when you are open and honest, you will be relaxed. When you are relaxed and friendly, you will get the best service. When I am in the fitting room, the SA's will offer to come into the room to check the fit and style. They can be counted on to give me their honest appraisal. I take great pride in my clothes and shoes fitting properly and being the right style and color for me. Women and other cd's will ask me how I can wear 4" heels for 8 hours or more. The secret is to get a lot of experience in trying on. That way, you learn what a great fit is for you. Great fitting shoes are comfortable regardless of the heel height. One can not do this by buying hit or miss off the net or thru mail order.

As I have said before, one can make up all the stories or excuses you want to, but you are not fooling the SA's. To really enjoy shopping, be honest and build a rapport with several stores. They will recognize you as a serious shopper, and serious shoppers are always welcome in any store.

Jodi

Kimberly
10-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Whoa, now I'm out of money.
I know that feeling... :sad:

SherriePall
10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Melissa -- So far I have found Dress Barn to be my favorite. Just be careful with that card!
Jenny -- See you got your VS card and whoops, there it (the money) went.
Colleen -- I have been more open about who the clothes are for. I have shopped "off season" for myself and used the dressing rooms at Dress Barn.
Angel -- I'm sure they know I CD. The manager at Payless even told me to come back. Of course, at a shoe store they can tell because I walk around in three-inch heels too well and I sometimes have on my own pantyhose.
Eva, my sister, I try my best to uphold the economy, especially pretty little things. PM you later.
MsJordan -- Read your other post, too. I have found that most SA's don't really care who it's for. And some of the younger ones (although I ran across an older SA at B.Moss last year) are just outright thrilled to help a guy buy women's clothing.
Jodi -- You're absolutely right. Building an open rapport with SA's is good for everybody. Trouble is when they keep switching or leaving the stores you shop.
Kimberly -- It's a common problem.

Denise01
10-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I have shopped in Dress Barn too, and it has to be one of my favourites. I just wish they had them here in Canada.
I have only shopped in the Dress Barn, femme, but have found the sales associates very friendly and helpful.
If they did read me, it definately was not shown, as I was always treated non other than a lady out shopping.
I am hoping to get away in Nov. on vacation, and you can be assured I will be visiting Dress Barn again, as their quality is good and prices fair

Denise

SherriePall
10-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Denise -- Glad you had good experiences at Dress Barn, too. And isn't it fun shopping there en femme. I have done that, too, and enjoyed it -- trying on clothes and not having to wonder how they would really look if I had on this on that.