PDA

View Full Version : gg supportive?

princessmichelle
10-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I really wish I could ask a gg friend for help with my "halloween costume". But I am afraid to.

I'm also thinking about women in general: I read once that women feel more threatened by crossdressing than do men, who tend to find it amusing. Like women who see a stranger (guy) in a dress will feel that he is tresspassing on femaleness. Am I kidding myself to hope that women would be supportive of a guy in girly clothes?

Princessmichelle

Nikki Dee
10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Some will...some will eventually...some will sometimes...some will never.!!..like so many things in life.!!!...I am so lucky to have a supportive wife..but we had to work to get there.!...Best of luck love.
Nikki. x

kathy gg
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Michelle

I think just as there are many woman who are more tolerant of people of different religion/race/nationality/sexual ideinty there will always be those who consider it a non-issue and women who feel the way you describe. Some people are raised in religions or households where gender and sexual idinity comes in two shades and anything out side of that is wrong wrong wrong.

Also, depends on where you live....I mean larger urba areas will I think always have larger groups or open minded people, because in the city you are bombarded with people who are different...if you can't accept that sort of life most people will move away from the city.

Also, most/many women have no problems with the idea of a man being crossdressed. What changes that dynamic is when there is a relationship or a hope for one. That is when women tend to have issue....like "not my man".

As for getting help with a Halloween costume....well as someone said on another thread....if you look *too* into it that is something which a friend might pick up on, espically a close one who knows yoru personality. I woudl think it hard to hide one's true feelings and keep a stiff poker face while en femme and internally enjoying yourself. Alot of disapline if you indeed want to keep this a secret would be required. But...my feeling also is if you have a good gg friend who is truly a real friend and good trustworthy person...sharing your feelings does not always have to end badly. But you need to know her stance on alternative lifetsyles well in advnace and use alot of common sense in making that decision. Some time guys wil share this with a gg friend who they think will be okay and later find out she looked at the guy as a *father figure* or *potential* boyfriend and then everything changes and you wind up losing the friend altogether.

ANyway..heavy stuff...think long and hard....but dont' think all gg's are not cool...I looked to date a cd and I know about 15 other women like myself {some on this forum} who are also attracted to tg guys.

NYsong
10-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, in my introduction thread in the new members section, I just told one of my best friends, and reacted in a way I thought was only in my dreams. When I told her, she was A) glad I told her B) Happy to help me out and C) Very excited to help me out!

so, in short, just make sure you know the person, and if you think they can take it in stride, go for it. I did it, and now im the happiest I've ever been!

Karren H
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
As Kathy pointed out they are out there.....finding them seems to be problematic at best... Maybe you need to take out a personal add in the local paper...

"SWM2FCDTG looking for SWF to share everything including wardrobe.
Please send photo of wardrobe, call for address 1-800-fem-wear"

:D

Love Karren

Vivian Best
10-10-2006, 01:01 PM

Love Karren

Karren, You are such a tease! Just love your sense of humor.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
There indeed are women out there who actually enjoy thier husbands and boyfriends. I am lucky to have a wife who loves Sasha Anne.

Nigella
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
As Kathy pointed out they are out there.....finding them seems to be problematic at best... Maybe you need to take out a personal add in the local paper...

Love Karren

All I got was the bloody ansa-phone :devil:

GG Vanya
10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I really wish I could ask a gg friend for help with my "halloween costume". But I am afraid to.

I'm also thinking about women in general: I read once that women feel more threatened by crossdressing than do men, who tend to find it amusing. Like women who see a stranger (guy) in a dress will feel that he is tresspassing on femaleness. Am I kidding myself to hope that women would be supportive of a guy in girly clothes?

Princessmichelle

Well, I'm a woman who knew well in advance about my SO's crossdressing and we've been married 7 years. I not only support him, I absolutely revel in his duality.

Do I feel threatened? Ummmmm nope, not in this lifetime.:straightface:

JeanneF
10-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I've found that the GG friends who I have told have been extremely supportive and interested. One friend, who will readily admit that she only likes to date "manly men" found the whole concept fascinating, and has become one of my primary shopping buddies. I've also found in my experiences going out to bars, especially to "straight" bars, that GGs find this whole thing at the very minimum intrigueing, and that many are attracted to boys like me...I probably get hit on by at least as many girls when I go out as boys.