PDA

View Full Version : The unpassable

Kelsy
10-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Every year in Cape Cod CDs take over Provincetown for a weekend. I hear it's fabulous. I want to go but I'm chicken. It's called the fantasia fair - there's events and shopping, etc, all in a very friendly town.

http://fantasiafair.org/

I've always been concerned about being passable in public. I admire the brave girls on this site that have stepped out and are enjoying their freedom. But for the faint of heart, or the newbies , and those of us that know, with all the preparation , make up , and clothes, we just will not be recognized as female an affair as described by stephanieCD ( thank you luv) is the type of venue to find that first step. I read the beginners guide attached to the link and was inspired to go to ptown and experience the freedom to be me!! the unpassable are welcome here! I feel It would be a great place to begin that fearless entry into the real world and to enjoy I am.

Jennifer:be:

brandie
10-10-2006, 10:30 PM
don't be to shy even i posted some picks here and i know i wont pass 32 inch wast 40 inch chest neck like a line backer for my size (brake my neck in two places 25 years ago so neck mussels had to make up the support)
so in this place just be your self we are all on your side. and love to here your trials and tribulations.

brandie

MJ
10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
dear Jennifer

hi first of i think you should not worry about passing. first time out i don't think any of us did. remember you could look great but if you don't know how to walk or talk ,gesture like a woman you will get read every time. fantasia fair is for everybody and a friendly town so you have nothing to worry about. just go and have fun. Waite until you get a load of me i am going to tell my story in the transgendered forums. and over time so ppl can have input too when you see my pictures eww. you see for me it was how i felt so what you see is what you get. i also have Manny CD friends and when you know how to get ready for a night out wow. they look better than i do and it cost me lots to look like this anyway go have fun

hugs Marissa

Billijo49504
10-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Before you say, I'm not passable, go to the grocery store, and people watch. You will see GG that are really hot babes, to the nice looking GG, to the ones that make you wonder, but you know they are GG's. If you try hard, you might not be one of the hot babes, but you might pass for one of the almost ones. Just remember the old saying, If it walks like a duck and goes kwack, it must be a duck, even if it's a swan.,..BJ

Snookums
10-11-2006, 12:09 AM
I am definetly not passable,not even if I tried,my SO doesn't want the mustache to go,besides I ride dirt bikes,snow mobiles,and a quad runner,and with my build there is no way,so I don't attempt the impossible.

EricaCD
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I apologize for sounding like a broken record on this topic, but honestly folks...we really need to get ourselves past the notion of "passing" as a goal, if by passing we mean "mistaken for genetic females after a cursory inspection". First, we don't know if we pass or if people are just being polite. Second, we'll drive ourselves nuts worrying. Third, we set as our highest goal the ability to systematically deceive the world around us.

If you are periodically mistaken for a genetic female (or even frequently), that's great. God knows I enjoy it. But the minute that becomes the goal, rather than a nice side benefit, we have missed the point utterly.

Try the following as a goal: through a mixture of makeup, mannerism, movement, motivation and mindset, enable the people around you to interact with you consistent with your presented gender. Even if they understand you are not genetically female! My guess is that most of us will be happy to be called "miss or ma'am", to be treated with courtesy by women and gentlemen, etc., and in that case do not need the added "benefit" of having deceived their observers. Moreover, this is a goal that is squarely within the reach of those who, like me, are not passable due to basic physical disqualifications. Lastly, this is the only way that crossdressing is likely to be de-stigmatized in society. If you think about it, if the only ones who went out were CDs who passed perfectly, there would never be a public face to actual crossdressing!

OK, end of rant. Sorry about that!
Erica

Bev06 GG
10-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Wow Erica,
Couldn't have said that better myself, a HUGE DITTO to it all. And just as an afterthought, with an attitude like that you are totally free to actually enjoy what you do instead of worrying all the time what others are thinking.
Take care
BEVxxxxx

Kate Simmons
10-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Worrying about "passing" equals missing fun enjoying being yourself. I , personally, don't go out in "public" per se that much as it means nothing to me about who I am. I'd rather spend the time with my friends who love me for who I am and who I love for being my friends.Parading around for a bunch of strangers to see if I "pass" doesn't do too much for me. To each her own, though. Ericka

Angie G
10-11-2006, 04:40 AM
I don't get out going halloween but that will be it I'm happy :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
10-11-2006, 09:22 AM
I started going out in the daylight (public) last year, fully dressed. Yes the first couple of times it is nerve wracking, but you get over it and start noticing that no one is pointing figures or yell at you and you relax and enjoy the outing. I have not ben out where I have got face-to-face with others, so still a little nervious about that, but in Nov, is a BIG TG even here in Dallas. I am going, knowing that at first I will have a mixture of fright and excitement. It helps that I will be around others like us. That should help make it more enjoyable. That evening will be the big test. The evening event is a Buffete Dinner and concert afterwards, which means, fancy dress and in the public eye.
Since this will be a TG event, there is no way that I will be passing, so to speak. But I am going anyway. LOL

kittypw GG
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Good job Erica, You obviously have reached the realm of Healthy balance with who you are.

I always have said that it is more about body language than if you pass. Again folks, if you feel bad about your self your body language reflects that and people shy away from you and pick you out of a crowd. Also if you are dressed like a hooker and are in the local mall you will have signed your ticket to not passing. If you have positive body language wich comes with self love and self confidence then people will respond positively to that. Very few pass as a women on close scrutiny.

Kitty

Karren H
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Passing is highly over rated in my opinion... And its all about attitude and being comfortable with your fem self!! Plain and simple......"I have a right to dress like I want and if you don't like it tough!!!"

Love Karren

MsJanessa
10-11-2006, 10:23 AM
OK Ladies---I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again---I would far rather be seen as an absolutly stunning TG/CD/TV then a plain but passable GG--you'll have more fun that way

Janailene
10-11-2006, 10:34 AM
When I was a teenager passing was easy. I was thin and looked somewhat feminine. Lots of my Mom's friends commented that I should have been a girl. As I aged and got heavier it was more difficult to pass. But the point is that it is all in your own mind. Once I was walking in the city and firemen across the street called me Tootsie. Clearly I was not passing. Later that day I eat in a diner and no one paid me any attention. Was I passing or did I just accept myself?