PDA

View Full Version : When one passes

Snookums
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Just out of curiosity,when you pass,we all do,do you want to be laid out dressed in your favorite girl outfit,or dressed as a man?

Kate Simmons
10-11-2006, 05:17 AM
Won't matter much to me, Hon. Funerals are for the survivors anyway. How I'd be dressed means nothing really as far as who I was. Plus, I'd obviously have very little control over what they did. Ericka

Lisa Golightly
10-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Oh it will have to be something in Victorian Gothic... long, black, lace, with scarlet adornments and killer stilettoes.

Joy Carter
10-11-2006, 05:25 AM
I have my plans already set. I know the two guys who transport at the coroners office. I have a verbal commitment that when I die they are to take my body and place it unceremoniously into the dumpster behind the tall gurls shop at the mall. :D

Teresa Amina
10-11-2006, 07:08 AM
A nice white burial shroud for me, please. And that headstone? Birth name and date on the left, Teresa and death date on the right. Confuse those genealogists of the future!:D

AprilMae
10-11-2006, 08:36 AM
I've made it known I want no public viewing of my remains. My survivors are to dispose of me in the most economical way possible, and enjoy whatever is left.

JoAnnDallas
10-11-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm being cremated, so it's a mute point for me.

Sophia Rearen
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Passing doesn't matter that much to me. And if I do, it heightens the experience. Being laid out afterward, sure sounds like the perfect ending.
Oh, you meant that passing. And, that laid out? I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Phyliss
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
For those who are "laid out for viewing" we'll be wearing make up at least.

When I "go" at 110 while escaping from a jelous husband on my motorcycle, it'll take four undertakers a week to wipe off the smile on my face.

Snookums
10-11-2006, 07:49 PM
For those who are "laid out for viewing" we'll be wearing make up at least.

When I "go" at 110 while escaping from a jelous husband on my motorcycle, it'll take four undertakers a week to wipe off the smile on my face.

you should leave instructions for the undertakers to leave that smile:D

Belinda46
10-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Passing doesn't matter that much to me. And if I do, it heightens the experience. Being laid out afterward, sure sounds like the perfect ending.
Oh, you meant that passing. And, that laid out? I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Well at least your not alone Sophia was thinking the same thing lol

Being creamated here also and ashes to be spread after the wake.

Shiny
10-11-2006, 08:34 PM
I have thought about that a lot lately. I have a deal with the VA that states I get a free burial and I have chosen creamation and disposal---no muss no fuss. I guess I'll be remembered though as I have a dissertation archived at the local university somewhere that they say will be there for another 300 years or so, so I will live on in one way at least.

But yes, it would be really fun to go out in STYLE! Blow their minds at the funeral and do it in an expensive gown with the hair, makeup and everything! As screwed up as my life has been what friends I have left would be freaked out at seeing me that way but would say "yeah, I figured he was a little different" and then head downstairs after the service for the free food and drinks. Why not.

Agles
10-11-2006, 08:48 PM
sometimes even with a cremation there still is a public viewing. before the cremation is done. this gives the family the ability to have calling hours and such.

for me im would like to be remembered for who i was. at this point im am still a man. so that's how i would like it to be. if and when i finaly transition then i would like it to be as a women. and be remembered as such.

though what Ericka true Funerals are for the survivors not the diseast. its important for the family and the close friends. sadly i have been to many funerals, and really only remember one. my Aunt who was a good wish friend. if i had a problem i could go to here over my own parents. though i never when to her with my gender issues i feel i really should had. well anyway im getting off topic and teary eyed..

her husband (bestranged at the time) had her cremated, the family did have calling hours with a public viewing. one thing that really made my mother sad was my aunt had grown her hair out, and i was quite long. they had but it short before putting hear out for viewing. a simple change from what someone was not before there death, sure my mother got over it. but we are talking about so much more here then just the langth of you hair.

='.'=
Jamie

GG Vanya
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
As Agles stated many times there is a conventional funeral and then the body is cremated.

As Trudi has decided to be cremated, this is the option we have chosen.

There is a special pair of pumps and a memorable pair of panties (:eek: yeah, I said that word) that she wishes to be wearing along with a pair of his Levi jeans and Polo shirt. Should she precede me in death, that wish WILL be honored.

On a humorous note I once told my ex that when I died I wanted him to have me cremated and scatter my ashes on the carpets in our home. That way he could walk on me after death the same as he did in life. :D

trannie T
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Do you think the undertaker is good enough at makeup so I could finally pass?

ColleenCD
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Oddly enough, I have given some thought to this. Since (I understand) people are buried with their shoes off, and people only see the top half, I could be in a skirt and hose. Then I thought, if it were a closed casket, then I could be completely dressed. Then I thought, wait just a darn minute here...It doesn't matter, I'd be busy wearing a beautiful white gown in heaven anyway! Close the lid and chuck the box in the hole already.

Colleen

CaptLex
10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I've already told people that if someone puts me in a dress, I'll come back and haunt them. I want to be cremated, but if there is a viewing before (as Ericka said, for the living), I want to be dressed in nautical gear (with maybe my pirate boxers underneath). :tongueout