PDA

View Full Version : Its just not fair !

cindybarnes
10-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Whats not fair is the HUGE selection of womens clothes at my nearby discount store. Not that Im looking for guy stuff, but if I were the selection is pretty plain and boring.I was just out shopping for groceries and some lawn stuff and the clothes are in the middle of the store.In the short time I was there,, walked through the womens dept on the way to the groceries, and then back,, and saw about 6 things that were soo cute !!! The womens styles are constantly changing and sometimes nothing catches my eye,,but not this time.
Maybe whats not fair is the fact that my closets are beyond full,, or maybe its not fair clothes just are not in my budget at the moment.
I suppose I could be ranting that its not fair I have to hide Cindy from my wife, but thats not the case so I probably should just be quiet :)
Maybe whats promted this post is that urge to dress is back,, my leggs are finaly ready for a skirt again,, the weather is cooling down (I love it)
I think a therapy session at the thrift store may just do the trick *S*
Who knows, I may even dust off my camera soon LOL
Sorry the subject may not be a serious as the thread title, but I feel better now :)
Cindy

Joy Carter
10-11-2006, 05:27 AM
I wondered where you were Cindy. Welcome back :hugs:

Talon DeRojo
10-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Cindy - Welcome back! Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest, even if they're not entirely justified. Don't worry about it - we're glad to have you back, active, and feeling the urge to dress. Anyhow, a belated Happy Birthday!
Talon:happy:

Beth-GDB
10-11-2006, 06:53 AM
Whats not fair is the HUGE selection of womens clothes at my nearby discount store. Not that Im looking for guy stuff, but if I were the selection is pretty plain and boring.I was just out shopping for groceries and some lawn stuff and the clothes are in the middle of the store.In the short time I was there,, walked through the womens dept on the way to the groceries, and then back,, and saw about 6 things that were soo cute !!! The womens styles are constantly changing and sometimes nothing catches my eye,,but not this time.

I'm convinced there's some sort of conspiricy involving women's fashion and why it keeps changing so much. OK, not actually a conspiricy but the womens's fashion industry thrives on constantly changing what's in and what's out as part of maintaining the sales turnover. If women's fashion changed as slowly as men's fashion does, probably 75% of the companies making women's clothes would go out of business because women wouldn't be updating their wardrobe every season of every year (and I do realise that most GG's don't buy entire new wardrobes every season).

I'm completely serious in saying that there seems to be a lot of manipulation going on in the fashion industry to convince women that they "need" to be constantly updating the contents of their closet just to keep up with whatever trumped up fashion statements are "in style this season". To my mind it's mostly self-justification on the part of the fashion labels.

Kate Simmons
10-11-2006, 07:01 AM
That's why it makes more sense to wear guy clothes since they don't change that much. Guess I have a distinct advantage there, though. I look nice in both types of clothing, so maybe my Kay persona will be the one that develops rather than Eric. With me, you never know though.I'm kinda like the wind. You are right however, the "need" to keep up with fashion and trends is all part of the fashion industry's strategy. Have you seen the movie: "The Devil Wears Prada"? That pretty much sums it up. Ericka

Penny
10-11-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm convinced there's some sort of conspiricy involving women's fashion and why it keeps changing so much. OK, not actually a conspiricy but the womens's fashion industry thrives on constantly changing what's in and what's out as part of maintaining the sales turnover. If women's fashion changed as slowly as men's fashion does, probably 75% of the companies making women's clothes would go out of business because women wouldn't be updating their wardrobe every season of every year (and I do realise that most GG's don't buy entire new wardrobes every season).

I'm completely serious in saying that there seems to be a lot of manipulation going on in the fashion industry to convince women that they "need" to be constantly updating the contents of their closet just to keep up with whatever trumped up fashion statements are "in style this season". To my mind it's mostly self-justification on the part of the fashion labels.
And it's been that way for decades!

uknowhoo
10-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Welcome back, cindy, it's always a treat to hear from you, even if it's just a rant. :D We'll look forward to some piccies soon. xoxo T

Holly
10-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Cindy, good to see you around again, sweetie. As for that trip to the thrift store you mention... I recommend you get into therapy immediately :D !

Sophia Rearen
10-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Maybe, what's not fair is you never wear clothing enough to actually wear it out. A closet full of barely worn clothing is sad to me, yet I still by more because I like to. My wife tells me I have enough, sorry honey, just let me do my thing. Sorry, Cindy just jumping on to your mini rant. As I am a few weeks ahead of you, in the cold weather department, my suggestion is to get a good shave. Time for a smooth new you. My 6 month term of wearing the semi-permanent long johns came to an end last friday. How I love to lose the fur! Talk about therapy?

Vivian Best
10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Cindy I share your opinion. Women's selections are far superior to the men's selections. Styles for women's clothes are far more numerous than men's. Colors in women's are superior and more numerous. Etc, Etc, Etc.

cindybarnes
10-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies to my little rant ! Its nothing new for me to be frustrated about not getting certian things I may want but dont get *S*
I suppose Im getting better at handeling these things,,wasnt long ago I would just whip out a charge card and get everything I wanted anyway *S*

I was in that sort of mood the other day I almost started another panty thread just to see the reactions from some LOL

Thanks again
Hugs
Cindy

ColleenCD
10-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Cindy, I understand your rant. It's a good rant. Have you looked through your fully stocked wardrobe at home to see what might be fun to wear again?..it doesn't cost a dime.

Colleen