PDA

View Full Version : Society can be so cruel....

JustmeBear
05-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I have a question...As most of you know my girlfriend is m2f...When I go over to her house she is always dressed in fem weather it be just a girl t-shirt and jean shorts or a jean mini skirt..etc..Well We have been out once and she has been completely in fem even wearing her wig makeup etc....I have invited her over to my house...hopefuly this weekend for an incredible night..She asked me what I wanted her to wear and I said whatever you feel most comfortable in and I did mention that she looked sexy in that jean mini skirt she was wearing the last time I saw her...
Any ways..A few weeks ago I was telling her about this man that lived up stairs from me..He was a cd and the maintanance man and I were out side about 1am in the morning and we noticed this "lady" jumping into the bushes..When we went over to her we had noticed it was my up stairs neighbor..a m2f .From that time..the office gave her greif about alot of stuff and they even found this and that and finelly evicted her from the apartment....Once I was in the office and they were talking about her and how they were glad that she was leaving..they had even mentioned men should not be dressed in dresses...and that they do not belong in here...meaning apartment complex The part in red I didn't tell her because I didn't want her to fear coming to my house. I don't care what anyone thinks about me or who I bring to my house..I am by no means ashamed of who my girlfriend is...I have in the back of my head though what they were talking about in the office...I want her to come over and I want her to dress any way she pleases....Like I said it doesn't bother me...what bothers me is that the people in the office ...I just do not understand why people have to be such a$$holes.....
I do not want to hide who my girlfriend is....A peice of me does not want to get kicked out of my apartment because I would be homeless and living in my car...But even so....What should I do....My girlfriend is far more important to me..and I don't want to say hey look..when you come over to my house don't dress in fem...because then what does that make me...I want her to dress how she feels like it..

Julie
05-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Mel,

There are so many things we cannot know, like what you are going through (duh!). You need to decide what is most important to you. You say you will be homeless if you get kicked out. Does that mean you can't just get another apartment? A real estate sales person once told me anyone who rents can move only one day per year while a homeowner can move whenever they want. If you rent you can just go somewhere else you are accepted? Your landlord might hold out on refunding the deposit but he will eventually have to unless the lease says "No Crossdressers, Even As Visitors or you forfeit your deposit".

Mel, you seem young. One of the shortconings of most young people is they allow themselves to get pushed around because they aren't really sure of their rights. You have rights. You need to find out what they are. It doesn't matter if you are living on welfare or are independtly wealthy, everyone has rights. You need to find out what they are and use them to your advantage. Remember, education is power. Educate yourself and you control your life.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif

JustmeBear
05-20-2004, 03:11 AM
Mel,

There are so many things we cannot know, like what you are going through (duh!). You need to decide what is most important to you. You say you will be homeless if you get kicked out. Does that mean you can't just get another apartment? A real estate sales person once told me anyone who rents can move only one day per year while a homeowner can move whenever they want. If you rent you can just go somewhere else you are accepted? Your landlord might hold out on refunding the deposit but he will eventually have to unless the lease says "No Crossdressers, Even As Visitors or you forfeit your deposit".

Mel, you seem young. One of the shortconings of most young people is they allow themselves to get pushed around because they aren't really sure of their rights. You have rights. You need to find out what they are. It doesn't matter if you are living on welfare or are independtly wealthy, everyone has rights. You need to find out what they are and use them to your advantage. Remember, education is power. Educate yourself and you control your life.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gifI agree with you on the rights...I could probably get another apartment...There just aren't alot of 1 bedrooms around...I mean..when I say move in I meant like til I could maybe find another place...Well to be quiet honest my girlfriend is very very very important to me....I guess what I am saying here is...If she wants to dress in fem and someone sees her and says something to the office...I will deal with what happens...
Thank you for your advice..I might look into that and read up...

Thanks

Jenny Beth
05-20-2004, 07:09 AM
Hi Mel,

That is the biggest dilema we all face. People in general are afraid of what they do not understand. Some of those " righteous" ones are so opposed to same sex couples or transgender issues that they are the loudest and most outspoken because if they aren't they fear what people may think of them. They are the ones with the problem...not us. But times are changing and people with biggoted views are becoming the minority.
Here in Canada we have several openly gay politicians, they keep getting elected so that says something about human rights in a free society. So if you are worried about what people might think if you bring your girlfriend over, don't even think about it. Ignore them and don't even respond, it's none of their business. You have every right to live the way you choose.

Jenny Beth

JustmeBear
05-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi Mel,

That is the biggest dilema we all face. People in general are afraid of what they do not understand. Some of those " righteous" ones are so opposed to same sex couples or transgender issues that they are the loudest and most outspoken because if they aren't they fear what people may think of them. They are the ones with the problem...not us. But times are changing and people with biggoted views are becoming the minority.
Here in Canada we have several openly gay politicians, they keep getting elected so that says something about human rights in a free society. So if you are worried about what people might think if you bring your girlfriend over, don't even think about it. Ignore them and don't even respond, it's none of their business. You have every right to live the way you choose.

Jenny Beth
And I agree with you...Like I have mentioned...She is important to me and I love her...What ever they maybe thinking well just let them keep thinking it because..you know..I am not going to tell my girlfriend that she can not feel comfortable coming to my house .I want her to know that her life style doesn't bother me...and if it bothers the neighbors and they feel they have to talk about me to whom ever...well...then thats ok...Let them talk.....talk away

Anika S. Hulse
05-20-2004, 11:51 AM
[COLOR=Blue]Hi Mel.

I'm not sure if my post will show in the colour I choose but here it goes: I am a person with Cerebral Palsy and should know something about rights. I too live in Canada as Jenny-Beth and it looks we have better protection than in the US regarding situations like you're experiencing. Although, we have a long way to go also.

I wish society was more open minded than it is. It would make things easier for us.

Note: Can someone help me with Fonts and colours?

Take care, Anika

Gabrielle
05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I believe that most of comments made by people, like the example you shown are made by ignorance. I hear it almost everyday by co-workers. I think if they were to be confronted about their comments then they may actually think twice about making them again (Maybe, but doubtful).

Dana_cd
05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I always say "well if they are talking about me, then they are leaving someone else alone"