PDA

View Full Version : My first makeup lesson!

Shannen
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
I received my first makeup lesson from my wife today! :D I've been getting a little more adventurous with my dressing and asked for a lesson a week ago. Today I came home for lunch early and chose a classy pants/blouse outfit and after lunch asked for my lesson. She was a bit hesitant at first, but after my fumbling around for awhile she just took over. By the time she was done she was giggling and I had a huge smile on my face! :D

The best part is that she went through her different shades of foundation and we found one that matched me pretty well. I haven't got the nerve for a consultation at a makeup counter yet.

I could never get the eyes right either, and she had it done lickity split! She had to drag me away from the mirror!

Now I have to practice, practice, practice these lessons! :D

Sorry, can't stop :D 'ing !!!

-Shannen

sweetnsultry77
10-11-2006, 01:47 PM
well how about some pictures!?

Sandra
10-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Glad your your wife had a giggle, this is what it is all about being able to have fun together. Keep practising an don't forget to ask for help from your wife as from what you have said I am sure she would like to help.

Brianna Lovely
10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful wife, make sure you ask for her help again. I think she can teach you a lot.
Enjoy and practice.

Shannen
10-11-2006, 04:42 PM
thanks, it was fun and I'm sure we'll play around some more!

As for the pictures, that will come after the practice! (and the addition of a wig... now where to find one of those...I'll have to do some forum searching for hints on that tonight!)

-Shannen

SherriePall
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Shannen -- I hope you paid attention to your wife as she went through the make up tips. And I hope you gave her a great big thank you because you are a lucky girl to have a wife who will do that for you.

Shannen
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
:( She wouldn't let me watch when she did the eyes! I dug my little compact out of my purse to sneek a peek and she took it away! (I recovered it later!) But I think I know what was going on, she was doing a play by play commentary thing as she did it. Took a LONG time to do the masscara! :D

And as far as the thank you is concerned. Yes, she got a very big thank you. By the time I was done thanking her my lipstick was in need of repair!

I am lucky. I am grateful for all the wonderful friends I'm making here that give me the courage to approach my wife with these requests.

-Shannen

michelle-h
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey Shannen,

Very cool about your wife. Check out http://www.onthetop.com for wigs. They have a huge selection and some are very reasonable priced. I got mine for about $30.

Michelle-h