PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Chrissy31
10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Please don't bully me for being stupid but I have a couple of questions:

1/ What does SO stand for?

2/ A lot of posts here mention dressing up for Halloween, Is it customary in the USA to dress as women on Halloween? As far as I'm aware here in England on Halloween people only dress up in scary costumes, ghosts, goblins, witches etc. I'm starting to feel a bit jealous that Halloween is a little more exciting in the USA.

Snookums
10-11-2006, 06:16 PM

2/ A lot of posts here mention dressing up for Halloween, Is it customary in the USA to dress as women on Halloween? As far as I'm aware here in England on Halloween people only dress up in scary costumes, ghosts, goblins, witches etc. I'm starting to feel a bit jealous that Halloween is a little more exciting in the USA.

here in the united states you can dress up like John Kerry,Ted Kennedy,or Howard Dean if you wish.
one year I dressed up as a hot dog on a whole wheat bun,with onion mustard,

AprilMae
10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
SO= Significant Other. (Wife, Girlfriend, etc). And yes nowadays Halloween is less about the Supernatural is now just an excuse to wear any type of costume.

RebeccaLynne
10-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Chrissy, answers: #1- SO= Significant Other. #2- Halloween is an opportunity to dress in costume, and many CD's present as women. The holiday also provides a plausible explanation for purchasing items more commonly associated with women, i.e., wigs, cosmetics, and clothing.

CaptLex
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Please don't bully me for being stupid but I have a couple of questions
Chrissy,

I don't need to answer your questions because some of our helpful members already have. I just want to say two things:

1. These are not stupid questions - how can we learn if we don't ask?

2. If anyone bullies you, please let me know and I'll cut off their rum ration and toss them in the brig. :heehee:

Kate Simmons
10-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Chrissy,

I don't need to answer your questions because some of our helpful members already have. I just want to say two things:

1. These are not stupid questions - how can we learn if we don't ask?

2. If anyone bullies you, please let me know and I'll cut off their rum ration and toss them in the brig. :heehee:Hmm, I cut off more than that Cap'n. That's what cutlasses are for, no? Your humble cabin boy, Eric:happy:

Ronda_B
10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Chrissy,

When I was in England in the late seventies and with the NAVY, It was halloween and I saw alot of costumes that you wouldn't see in the states. Most were "Punk Rockers" and this would have been a great time to be a crossdresser. Nobody would have been the wiser. Try it you might like it and tell them it's retro. :2c:

Lawren
10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi Chrissy

On this side of the pond Halloween is everyone's excuse to dress up as anything from aardvarks to ZZTop. Scary, funny, pretty, real, or imagined. Even inanimate objects. Anything goes without a second glance. It can be like a nationwide Mardi Gras at times. Because of this wide acceptance, many CDs take advantage of the opportunity to go out and not be scorned. The general attitude is, "Hey, it's just a Halloween fantasy. Who cares?"

NatashaWI
10-12-2006, 06:54 AM
HI Chrissy - I guess I never realized how lucky we are to have Halloween as an acceptable time to be a lady for the night. That's the only time I go out as Natasha and I love it. It provides enough anticipation (right now!) and enough memories to last the year in between. It's a shame you can't dress for Halloween in England although may I recommend being a witch? My wife and I went to a party a few years back - she was Glenda the good witch and I was the wicked witch. Not much of a costume but I did have tights, heels, a dress and a wig with a witch hat. Ugly makeup but - it felt nice.

Natasha

Caroline Simmons
10-13-2006, 05:16 AM

Youve not been on a Bristol t-girl Halloween night out then ? they had a fab one last year. Ill go find you some details from it

Caroline

Kieron Andrew
10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Youve not been on a Bristol t-girl Halloween night out then ? they had a fab one last year. Ill go find you some details from it

Caroline:D yup i was a part of it the year before.............

btw welcome Chrissy, if you want to hear of more bristol nights out PM me ok?

whisky12
10-13-2006, 05:56 AM

2/ A lot of posts here mention dressing up for Halloween, Is it customary in the USA to dress as women on Halloween? As far as I'm aware here in England on Halloween people only dress up in scary costumes, ghosts, goblins, witches etc. I'm starting to feel a bit jealous that Halloween is a little more exciting in the USA. IM geting a chinese dress for halloween cant wait:cute: :cute: :cute:

Caroline Simmons
10-13-2006, 06:20 AM
:D yup i was a part of it the year before.............

Chrissy This is the boy I told you about in your welcome thread :D he knows all the goings on in the Bristol and surounding areas

Caroline

got them details. but its a 16 page read........ Ill let the Bristol girls and boy tell you all about it . if you meet up with them

so please do get in touch with Kieron

Caroline

Eugenie
10-13-2006, 06:21 AM
It is normal to ask.

I'd like to add a little to the "SO= Significant Other"

I think that "Significant Other" was a politicaly correct expression coined to cover all forms of people living together as a couple: maried or not maried, hetero or homesexual, in order to avoid blunders in conversations.

As far as halloween is concerned, it is not so popular here in France. It was imported very recently from the North American Continent and only children get disguised...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Sam-antha
10-13-2006, 07:43 AM
1 Sure now and it could be Symphony Orchestra.
2 Try Punk or something heavy but watch it. Why not just go out, you do not need an excuse like them over the water. You have a reason, Just go.

27th Jennifer
10-13-2006, 05:28 PM
At Guavaween in Ybor City (Tampa) FL, I'm told that anything goes. Even just some body paint and a smile. So being in drag is probably pretty tame.

Vivian Best
10-13-2006, 05:35 PM

Christy, You are NOT stupid, nor are there any stupid questions! We're all here for friendship and learning from each other. I certainly hope no one bullys you on this site. The moderators and a large segment of the girls here would descend on them like a fly on poop if they try.

Chrissy31
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
:D yup i was a part of it the year before.............

I'm sorry I tried to PM you Kieron but I don't think that I'm able to until I have made 10 posts and I'm not the sort of person to post needlessly unless I have something to say, perhaps you would be gentlemanly enough to kindly send me a PM with some details.

By the way it's nice to see Bristol represented in this forum. I must admit I have been a bit of a social hermit but I'm trying to get out more and I'd love to meet up with some t-girls and t-boys.