PDA

View Full Version : I wish cloths should have no gender differntiation

bq251070
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi.

I wish I could wear women clothes, make-ups and ornaments and go around openly. I wish this is a normal event same like when women are wearing shirt, pant similar like guys. why is that, whats wrong if I wear a women cloths? its only the cloth right. The whole thing could be the way around. like men wearing skirt, blouse, sarees putting makeups and ornaments and womens are wearing mens dress. I feel shy to wear women dresses as the society around me will not take it easily. They will start teasing. This is not fare at all.

I hope some day the society will allow the freedom to chose dresses, they will not bring the gender differentiation into dresses. I do not know whether I will live that long or not. But still I dream of that day.

:sad:

Byllie
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM
A wonderful dream, but in todays Western world, merely a dream. We are different from the perceived norm, though just what the heck that norm is escapes me. Those that are "different" are often shunned, as they threaten the choices made by the "accepted" folks.

DeAnna Elaine
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people fear what they don't care to understand.

bq251070
10-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Dress up rules for men and women makes me feel so so sad. So many changes are occuring in todays world, people are viewing things more moderately then ever before. Butno body is concerned about the dressingup rules.

My wife is good. Sometimes she dress me up with saree (Indian womens dress), do the makeups then she holds me tight and kisses me in my nipples. I feel so good. but she doesn't want me to wear these infront of others. In the night I wear maxi and peticoat. But in the day again in mens cloth, it is painfull. Sometimes mens cloths are ok but sometimes I really wish to go out in sarees or salwar Kmiz with Bra and panties. I requested my wife and she make a ear ring hole in my left ear. Now in that I can wear beautiful earrings, I am so happy. I will request my wife to make a ear ring hole in the right ear also. Now a days many guys have this, so no problem at all. but still I do not wear rings outside.

Billijo49504
10-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey, go for it!!! We'll watch you get crucified. <LOL> I think a lot of us wish the same thing, but it isn't to be. Even my wife wishes that was the way it was. Oh well, maybe some day...BJ

noname
10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi.

I wish I could wear women clothes, make-ups and ornaments and go around openly. I wish this is a normal event same like when women are wearing shirt, pant similar like guys.

We all wish, but it is double standard by society unfortunately.

why is that, whats wrong if I wear a women cloths? its only the cloth right.

because people are stupid sheep. IMO it shows someone can look at something subjectively without outside influence and the ability to chose something one likes.

I feel shy to wear women dresses as the society around me will not take it easily. They will start teasing. This is not fare at all.

Well, no it is not fair. What you can do, is do it in small amounts. Say wear womens jeans with a guy t-shirt. Stuff like that. No one has ever said anything to me about it.

Kate Simmons
10-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Yeah but they are different, Hon. That's what all the "hubbub" and fun are about. It's like putting Barbie's clothes on Ken and vice versa only this way you are a "real live" dolly and not a "play" one.:happy: Ericka

Karren H
10-12-2006, 06:56 AM
If there were no gender differentiation in clothing then.....then.....then....how would we crossdress????? We would just dress!!! Sounds boring! hehe

Love Karren

Tree GG
10-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Look at ancient Greek, Roman & Egyptian clothing and there really isn't alot of difference between male/female (overall cut, lengths, etc) Somewhere along the line men went to trouser type stuff - I don't know why.

If you look at male/female fashion over the last 100 years, you'll find a melding. The most disturbing thing in men's clothes right now, IMO, is the hip-hop low slung baggy shorts and oversized t-shirts. I see no beauty in that at all, but then I'm old (but my CDer agrees on the men's shorts thing). But overall, day-to-day wear is converging. Most futuristic predictions show an androgenous attire.

Your problem is that the clothing is evolving more to functionality than ornamentation. Many male musicians wear makeup (Green Day is HOT) openly - why don't you? Start little, eye-liner, style your hair, some lipstick/lipgloss isn't shocking (you can always say your chapstick is tinted), a unique belt or dress shoes instead of sneakers. But please stay away from the layered gold chains - *shudder*. Quite frankly, most people (women or men) don't walk around public places in fishnet stockings & stelleto heels.

This is a pretty damn big herd, it'll take alot of little nudges to steer it in a given direction.

EricaCD
10-12-2006, 10:09 AM
A double standard, maybe, but one that nearly all in the crossdressing community (myself ABSOLUTELY included) have done nothing to address. Women did not passively receive the right to wear a broader style of clothing: they demanded it, and suffered the considerable weight of social disapproval for a very long time as a consequence. In a word, they earned it.

Erica

Karren H
10-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Women did not passively receive the right to wear a broader style of clothing: they demanded it, and suffered the considerable weight of social disapproval for a very long time as a consequence. In a word, they earned it.

Erica

That's funny my wife says that society forces women to dress that way.....and that most designers are men!! Kind of atirely oppressed!! Hehehe. Clothingly challenged!!

Where do we sign up to be opressed like that!! Mee...meee..meeee...pick me!!

:D

Love Karren

bgirl
10-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I've felt that way and even told my wife that its only clothes. The reply? "And make-up and nail polish and wigs and...............She is right, it is more than clothes.

Snookums
10-17-2006, 12:37 AM
I agree 100%,all clothes,shoes,and undergarments should be unisex.

Billijo49504
10-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Women got the right during WWII. They went to work in the war factories, to replace the men. So they got to dress like the men. That's the story of Rosie the Riviter....BJ
ps. My mother worked in a factory that made gliders to invade England.

Teresa Amina
10-17-2006, 07:23 AM
My mother worked in a factory that made gliders to invade England.

Must have been in Germany then, eh?:D An uncle of a friend of mine was a 16 years old Hitlerjunge in the spring of '45 and was drafted into the Waffen SS as the Russian tanks flooded into the Reich. Given a black cap and a Panzerfaust rocket he was told to shoot the first tank he saw. Being far more sensible he ditched both the cap and rocket at first opportunity and made his way to American lines.

Angie G
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
hI BQ this is the dream we all have well we have one day to go out October 31st. and I'm going out it may be the only time I can be ouy in frount of others wish me luck :hugs:
Angie

Melanie85
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
A double standard, maybe, but one that nearly all in the crossdressing community (myself ABSOLUTELY included) have done nothing to address. Women did not passively receive the right to wear a broader style of clothing: they demanded it, and suffered the considerable weight of social disapproval for a very long time as a consequence. In a word, they earned it.

Erica

*agrees*

Perhaps, instead of going in all-out drag for the first time you could do like me and go very very slowly.

IE, right now I only have nailpolish and the paint on my fingers is made to sort of blend in a bit with my skin. (But still noticeable.)

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 01:20 PM
If there were no gender differentiation in clothing then.....then.....then....how would we crossdress????? We would just dress!!! Sounds boring! hehe
:iagree:

PS The wig in your current avatar, Karren, is just like my favourite that I'm wearing in my avatar, except your fringe looks a lot healthier than my poor old thing's. :)

Robin

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Quite frankly, most people (women or men) don't walk around public places in fishnet stockings & stelleto heels.

Generally true, however...

I know I do live in a "high fashion" district, but maybe you should visit my bus stop some morning, Tree. :) It's not that uncommon here to see a lady in fishnets or lace patterned stockings. The morning fashion show almost makes the bus delays bearable. :) I'm amazed that they don't get sore backs standing in the bus queue with those gorgeous high heels they wear...

:hugs:

Robin

Snookums
10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Women got the right during WWII. They went to work in the war factories, to replace the men. So they got to dress like the men. That's the story of Rosie the Riviter....BJ
ps. My mother worked in a factory that made gliders to invade England.

my aunt Betty worked at the submarine yard in Manitowoc wisconsin building Gato class submarines,she was an electrician.

janedoe311
10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Clothes that all looks alike or Unisex dresses, ie not Feminine or masculine.

Or do you mean you would like to see the acceptance of men wearing clothes that are designed for women?

It would seem to me if all clothes were unisex then cross-dressing would not exist. They would all be drab, colorless and look alike.

Woman’s clothes are colorful and frilly, Men’s is monotone and boring.

I might add that it is not just western. In Japan both men and women wore kimonos. The women’s were styled different and full of colors.

In the Middle east women wear very different clothes.
And in all of Asian men and women wear very different clothes.

It is not likely to change and I would not like to change.

Today Most women in the US wear pants. When I was a kid women wore dresses.

Today you have to do a double take to see which are women and which are men. So I guess we have done unisex in the US.

I would really like to see women wear dresses again, back in the OLD days when all women looked like women.

pantyhose lover
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I"m not sure if I agree with this the original poster's statement. It would be great if I could just go out in heels and a skirt. However, at the same time, for me at least, I dress up partly because it is taboo. Something about me not supposed to be wearing this bra and mini skirt that makes me feel awesome. I wonder, if there was no gender assignment to clothes, would I still wear female clothing?

Nikki A.
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I also wish that we could wear whatever we wanted in clothing. But the truth is that for most of us it is more than a skirt, nice blouse, heels etc. We try to be the woman (ie breasts, overall shape) of our dreams.
There are times that I wish I could slip on a long demin skirt and wedgies and run my errands instead of jeans and still be me. But for some of us this would not do, (all or nothing not right or wrong but the truth).
Maybe this may be acceptable someday but I'm afraid that it will be too late for me. For me to go out dressed is to go all out and try to blend in as a female or wear clothing that while fem also quite neutral or hidden.
This is a bit long and maybe rambling but it is a forum and whatever is said is meant with respect. I am not judging, but this is how I interpert all that I've read.

hotbobbie
10-18-2006, 06:28 PM
It will come as it did for women. At one time they could not even show there ankles in public but look at them now. Why because a few did it and paid the price for doing so but they made it possible for the gals today. We are the same as our CD sisters that came before us. Some day for us too.

Kelsy
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
I want no part of the unisex Idea!! men are men and women are women and some men are women - Smile - I like it this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie85
10-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I want no part of the unisex Idea!! men are men and women are women and some men are women - Smile - I like it this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting point. However it could be argued that gender-based clothing is yet another way to seperate the sexes and emphasize the [somewhat non-existant] differences between them. And by extension, maintain gender-role stereotypes.

CaptLex
10-21-2006, 05:55 PM
men are men and women are women and some men are women
. . . and some women are men . . . :tongueout

veryhappyto0
10-21-2006, 06:23 PM

Love Karren

Too funny Karren, LOL, I loved it!!!!!!!!!

Melanie85
10-21-2006, 06:24 PM
. . . and some women are men . . . :tongueout

And some intersexed are women and some intersexed are men and some intersexed are neither and some men are neither and some women are neither, AH! :devil:

marisa
10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
i just don't really understand why people make jokes and bad comments about things they know nothing about. maby i'm just wanting something that probibly won't happen but why can't poeple understand that it is not thier place to pass judgement on someone's happyness. the way i view the gay,lesbian,crossdressing and trannsgender topic is is if someone is happy leave them be. maby one reason for people to laugh and make jokes about crossdressing is not because they don't understand but beacuse they are jealous that we are able to be happy and comfortable with who we are. this is just a thought, i could be wrong but one just never knows.

Melanie85
10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
i just don't really understand why people make jokes and bad comments about things they know nothing about. maby i'm just wanting something that probibly won't happen but why can't poeple understand that it is not thier place to pass judgement on someone's happyness. the way i view the gay,lesbian,crossdressing and trannsgender topic is is if someone is happy leave them be. maby one reason for people to laugh and make jokes about crossdressing is not because they don't understand but beacuse they are jealous that we are able to be happy and comfortable with who we are. this is just a thought, i could be wrong but one just never knows.

Perhaps. "Hey look they're so happy and free in their skin, I'm not, SO SCREW THEM!!!"
I've also heard other theories.

One theory is the Chaos vs Order... (not actual name of theory)
Perhaps some people cannot stand chaos and uncertainty. They are so obsessed with preserving "order" that they cannot deal with chaos. Gender-bending can be seen as putting the gender system into chaos, therefore they react negatively to it.
(This might explain why so many people are religious; they cannot stand uncertainty and chaos, therefore cannot stand the unknown which is both)

Another theory is the perception of homosexuality / sexual deviance from the norm by the CD'er.

Another one is that the gender system is a class system, and a gender-binary (us vs. them; black-and-white ; literally no middle ground allowed), therefore we trangress battle lines and challenge the whole system.

This theory holds that in this class system women are in the inferior class.
I'm sure we all know about feminist theory and issues in gender equality that could support this; even some pro-men movements are saying women are being treated like children.

and I recently realized something that, applied to women, would support why they get on average lesser sentences and more deals than men in the court system. (But not if it involves rape, and her sexual past is questioned, as this is the equivalent of an act of gender rebellion)
NOTE: This is just my theory, I could be wrong. Or my source saying women get lesser sentences/more deals than men for violent crimes could be false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_tom

The practice of covert resistance

During slavery, "tomming" could be a cunning subterfuge. White masters often gave well-liked and trusted slaves coveted, less physically demanding duties to perform. "Faithful" bondsmen and women also tended to be watched less closely, allowing them opportunities to escape to freedom or engage in clandestine acts of defiance. A tomming fieldhand who had been bullwhipped might set a field afire or destroy farm implements. An outwardly compliant cook whose husband or children had been sold away from her might burn down the cookhouse or exact a slow and agonizing death from her master by poisoning his food.

Slaves also often calculatingly pandered to white supremacist assumptions about blacks. The self-referential use of the word "nigger" to their own advantage was a typical, self-deprecatory artifice of tomming. Implicit in taking on such a label was the unspoken reminder to whites that a presumed inherently morally or intellectually inferior person reasonably could not be held responsible for work performed incorrectly, an "accidental" fire, or any other similar occurrence. Tomming effectively could enable someone to dodge personal responsibility for sometimes blatant insubordination or perceived incompetence and allow them to escape completely the wrath of an overseer or master. Acting in a dimwitted manner was another effective device, which also helped put whites at ease. Stepin Fetchit, the 1940s on-screen persona of comedic actor Lincoln Perry, was the quintessential Uncle Tom. Whites often assumed that a black person who thought of himself as a "nigger," who apparently willingly accepted his subordinate status, or who was simple-minded, posed no threat to white authority.

This practice of masking defiance or rage with acquiescence, civility and even obtuseness continues today. As in years past, tomming can be a means of appropriating and preserving a degree of private autonomy in the face of social prejudice and institutionalized racism, an act of subversion -- or even an over-the-top, mocking response to race prejudice.

Slaves too were in a way treated like children.

Where did I get my "women-as-children" theory? Reading The Myth of Male Power. It also explains the concept of chivalry and the tendency to place women in less dangerous, less paying, less prestigious, less powerful career positions.

However I do not recommend you buy this book. Do not buy The Myth of Male Power. The author mixes too much opinions with facts and I'm not sure he's always objective. Plus he stretches things alot to fit his worldview. However he did still raise some interesting points.

(I'm sure feminists are also aware that we [society] unconsciously treat women as children/slaves, but it's from that book that I learned this concept.)

Oh dear, what have I done?!?! :OT: I think I've accidently hijacked this thread. Oups! I don't know how it got into my purse, really...

Bev06 GG
10-23-2006, 12:50 AM
I've felt that way and even told my wife that its only clothes. The reply? "And make-up and nail polish and wigs and...............She is right, it is more than clothes.

True, and it doesn't stop there does it. Body shapers, false boobs etc etc. Dont get me wrong girls, Ive no problems with it, but it doesn't just stop at clothes. Most women who dress unisex, do not try to pass themselves off as a male by adding body bits to make them look more like men, its more a personal style thing rather than a gender issue so unfortunately that argument doesn't hold that much water.
BEVxxxxx

Robin Leigh
10-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Oh dear, what have I done?!?! :OT: I think I've accidently hijacked this thread.
You have, haven't you? :) This theory was being discussed just the other day in GG Vanya's thread My thoughts on why (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42410). Although the parallel with race wasn't mentioned there, Les Feinberg devotes a whole chapter to it in "Transgender Warriors".

Robin

Deanna2
10-23-2006, 06:03 AM
If only life was so simple (sigh).

Actually society does allow us to wear whatever we want. It's just that when we do branch out people are so judgmental (another sigh).

Scrunchie-Bunchie
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
My aunty wore a trouser uniform when she was manning the AA guns during WWII. She was kept busy shooting down Luftwaffe planes.

nishababe
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I would love to live in a more tolerant society where it would be totally accepted that you could shop for and wear whatever you wanted .Perhaps one day ...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:heehee: Love Nishababe xx

Snookums
10-23-2006, 12:15 PM
My aunty wore a trouser uniform when she was manning the AA guns during WWII. She was kept busy shooting down Luftwaffe planes.

good for her,she helped save Brittan.
I remember Churchills words,never have so many owed so much to so few,the RAF did a damn good job,brave young men in rickity airplanes built out of wood,and fabric.
My favorite RAF bird is the DeHaviland Mosquito,built entirely of plywood,one had to have a brass pair to fly that machine.

nicolv
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I wish I could wear my skirt, pantyhose and high heels all the time!

Snookums
10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
I wish I could wear my skirt, pantyhose and high heels all the time!

then wear them:D

Snookums
10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I would love to live in a more tolerant society where it would be totally accepted that you could shop for and wear whatever you wanted .Perhaps one day ...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:heehee: Love Nishababe xx

you will never find a tolerant society on the Milky Ways zoo,planet earth,not even if Liberals ran the entire solar system,it would still be intolerant of others,vicious,judgemental,narrow minded,and extremely ignorant.
The term liberal does not mean they are,liberals are oxymorons.