PDA

View Full Version : Has your male looks changed?

Sejd
10-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Since I started embracing my transexuality two month ago, my face has changed. Keeping a shaved face and my eyebrows clean makes a diference. My hair has grown longer and I definately look more "Girlish". Have you experienced the same? how does it make you feel?
Sejd

thea
10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
I grew my hair long starting about a year and a half ago. Now it's getting past shoulder-length. I feel much more comfortable with it this way--I get over the occasional desire to cut it all off for less maintenance--and seeing what I can do with long hair makes me feel girly. But to others I look like an aging hippie, not transgender, and some might question whether I'm gay.

Lindsay Marie
10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Ya my looks have changed. I used to have real short hair and now it's starting to get a little longer, and I'm trying to grow my nails out too. Plus I have my eyebrows done.

AmberTG
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I've been plucking my eyebrows for about 2 years now, but not thin and super obvious, they're kinda in between. Sense I changed jobs in Feb, I've been letting what's left of my hair grow out a bit, but it's rather thin on top so I can't get any good kind of fem look with it:( I also shave every day, I don't like looking scruffy, if I'm clean shaven and all that, sometimes I can see some of my mother's looks in my face, that gives me some comfort.

Debb
10-12-2006, 12:27 AM
My appearance has changed a few times since I started dressing publicly.

Right now, I'm in a non-dressing mode, so my beard is about 1/4 inch; this changes my face a great deal.

When I dress, of course I shave off the beard, and my eyebrows may look a little different but not much. I would also consider coloring my hair a little now, since my temples are graying and I think that's more of a male trait.

Charity
10-12-2006, 01:03 AM
My look has changed some. I never really could let my hair get long enough to enjoy, my job keeps it fairly short. I shave regularly, and have been working on my eye brows. Probably the biggest differance is my tan. I have fair skin so I never really worried about tanning (more like burning) but if I go to the tanning beds I am able to keep a decent tan (not like George Hamilton) :happy: .

susanjane
10-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I have been plucking my eye brows for over 40 years, they are super slim and nicely shaped.
I grow my nails and keep them polished in a clear varnish.
I shave my body hair, legs, arms and chest, so when wearing shorts in male mode people must notice.
I also on most days wear a little mascarra and always perfume.
My hair is short like a normal man's.
My breast have also grown, I would guess to a 'B' cup if I am honest.
So to sum up I guess the difference must be noticible.

Love

Susan Jane
xxx

Lisa Golightly
10-12-2006, 02:15 AM
If I'm 100% honest... I confuse old people. Was in a hospital shop the other day, you know the ones, run by elderly volunteers... Anyways long story short the old gimmer says 'Thank you madam' and to be straight with you I was looking boy that day... racing shirt and jeans... no makeup. His co-worker a woman then did one of those stage whispers that the elderly are so famous for... 'I think it's a man.' It? Wadda ya mean IT? :)

maybeJan
10-12-2006, 05:08 AM
I take better care of myself - hair, moisturiser for dry skin and taking better care of my skin in general (it gets very dry here in winter). I'm also watching my weight and even losing a bit.

Jan

Tina Dixon
10-12-2006, 05:12 AM
I all ways have a shaved face, I don't have the eye brow problem most men have.

Kate Simmons
10-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint), I'm still the same drab ugly (or dapper handsome) guy I was before. You've seen my pic both ways. Who am I to judge?:happy: Ericka

Karren H
10-12-2006, 06:58 AM
YES!!! Slimmer, healthier, happier..........cuter!! :D

Love Karren

uknowhoo
10-12-2006, 07:13 AM
YES!!! Slimmer, healthier, happier..........cuter!! :D

and modester :tongueout

Teresa Amina
10-12-2006, 07:38 AM
"Who is that guy?" The beard is gone, the moustache gone, no more glasses (cataract surgery a few months ago), scar reduction on big gouge in forehead now a fading line, shave every day (well, almost).....

Deedee_tv
10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
My face is always clean shaven, so is my body. I shave/trim arms, legs, chest, everywhere. My brother was visiting a few weeks ago and he is an ape. He looked at me and said, do you shave your legs? I said yes I "trim" everything with a body groomer (which means shave). He was going to look into it because he said he got the short end of the deal for being so hairy.

I digress. I also pluck my eyebrows, ocassionally have a manicure and pedicure with clear polish on my fingernails which are kept longer. I have hair that is longer than most men which I get colored and highlited (this was at my wifes request as I was greying in my early 30's). I spend over $100 every other time I get my hair done. The style can be very feminine if I choose. I like to do my hair styled feminine when I am out with friends in guy clothes because it makes them wonder. It isn't that feminine but it is obvious that I either flat iron or curl my hair and use lots of product in it.

So yes, my guy looks have changed and I Ithink I look 10-15 years younger than most men my age.

Deedee_tv

discovery
10-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Yessirreeee. Makes me feeeel wonderful and sexy. Now I see why some insecure GG's do not wish non-GG's to find out about their secret - being a woman is sensual, sexy, attractive, healthy and just down right fun! I would not change back for anything.

Agles
10-12-2006, 11:00 AM
ya mine has changed. i shave everything now though i still let my face get alittle scruffy from time to time. i dont trust myself with a razer at 3am.
also my tasts have changed alot. i started to eat better and stopped spending money on stupid things i dont need. i to as many here start growning my hair out. also im alittle thin up top so i could not do much with it. alot of people have been asking me to go have it cut but i just blow them off. i love my hair being long.

='.'=
Jamie

Sweet Emily Raleigh
10-12-2006, 11:02 AM
I've embraced some tighter clothes, some male jeans with flare at the cuffs (even a pair woth some stretch), some more "fem" male shoes (looking for some "male" fem shoes), I used to have my hair long with layers in it but I for some reason cut it off. Oh well. I'm young and live in a pretty liberal town so I could prob get away with more... :D

Siobhan Marie
10-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I shave by going against the grain now which gives me a closer shave (I go with the grain first), take better care of my skin (have got a skin care regime going), don't chew my nails and have let them grow and look after them and have also tidied my eyebrows as they were really bushy, I do that by running the clippers over them and have got them really thin now. Oh and I shave where I should as well.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

JoAnnDallas
10-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Compared to what I looked like last year, my wife has said I look competely different. I now shave everyday, I use firming cream and mortizer on my face everyday. I have my eyebrows waxed once a month and wife trims them inbetween. I pluck the white hairs from my eyebrows and use a eyebrow pencil to color the rest of them, I had laser surgery on my eyes, so no longer wear glasses.
This past weekend the family got together to discuss Mother's health issues and my brother-in-law kept staring at me. I finially asked why. He said there is something different about you. Wife popped up and said, "He got his eyebrows wax yesterday". He said, "No that's not it". I then said, "Well, I don't wear glasses anymore". He then said, "That it, you had laser did you". I siad "Yep". I asked "Don't it make me look better?". He came back and said, "Nope, you still just a ugly as always". I want to reach over and smack him.

Sejd
10-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all your wonderful answers. Makes me feel great and a part of what we all go through. I took a pic of myself on my webcam this morning andI swear to God that I look 20 years younger than when I had the "Grumpy ol' man look" just two month ago. I love taking care of my skin and shave every day. My hair which is now much longer looks much more femme and it just makes med so happy.
hugs
Sejd

samantha#1
10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Defianlty. Hands and nails much better maintained and shaving more often and using good quality creams on a regular basis has helped the apperance of my skin. I have very short hair #1 cut for work purposes so that is not an issue; I wear a wig when I dress. I think generally though an attitude of taking the time to be better presented has defianlty become a part of my life.
Hugs to all
Samantha

ebony
10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Ive been living on my own now for the past 3 months and I Knew this day was coming soon so I Started growing my hair out abot a year and a half ago its almost to my shoulders.
I keep my eyebrows arche no facial hair legs stay bald i have both ears piecrced nose navel and tongue now Im working on the nails and trying to put some fat on theese little muscles I have and I should be all the way feeme.

Adrienne Heels
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Using a skin care routine with cleanser and moisturizer twice a day. My skin feels soooo much softer!

JenniferMint
10-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I have very little facial hair now (doing laser hair removal). I had my eyebrows waxed, and now I'm plucking the eyebrows as they grow back in. And I'm growing my hair out.

A nurse that was taking my blood recently remarked that I have nice skin. I think it's because of the estrogen.

It'll be interesting once I grow my hair out more---I think I may end up being clocked as female when I'm not trying! I'm planning FFS too, after which I think I will go full time if people clock me as female even in drab.

Snookums
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Since I started embracing my transexuality two month ago, my face has changed. Keeping a shaved face and my eyebrows clean makes a diference. My hair has grown longer and I definately look more "Girlish". Have you experienced the same? how does it make you feel?
Sejd
I used to have waist length hair,then one night while taking a walk,I was ambushed by some neighborhood punks,62 stitches in my head,and all the hair had to be cut off.
I haven't had long hair since,no I haven't changed I'm still fugly as I always have been,except for my hair changing color from dark brown to snow white.

Kimberly
10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
It's just mainly been my hair getting much longer.

I think my complexion has cleared up a bit, which is good for the girl side of me... And a clean shave is always good! :)

Lanore
10-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello Sejd
I've been this way for so long, it's hard to imagine how I would feel any other way.

Lanore

Sejd
10-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Last week I went to the a friend of mine who is a dentist and he prepped my teeth for a dazzeling new front appearance. I make the new crowns myself since that is my profession. My temps already makes me look 10 years younger at least! also more rounded and femme. I actually thought of making this a part of the way I can help other girls in transition - to make their smiles look more feminine. When on Web cam today with my mother who lives in Europe, she told me : Sweet son, you look so beautifull. And that was from a woman who always told me she wanted me to grow up to be a "Real MAN."
Go figure. But I loved her comment.
hugs
Sejd

ShannonDragon
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Gone from semi-short hair to shoulder length (it won't row any longer!! Boo Hoo!!) Trimmed up my eyebrows a bit.

:tongueout

AprilMae
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Other than more color in my male clothes, maybe some softer materials, things I would say were too "faggy", my male side is pretty distinct from my female side. I like to keep it that way. I enjoy them both.

Jasmine Ellis
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
oh yes I shave now twice aday

Kristen Kelly
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Alot has changed, my hair is growing out as it is now chestnut brown with blond highlights, dyed and waxed my eyebrows,(good bye gray hairs) pierced my ears, shaved all my body hair, lost 32 lbs gone from size 14 to 10 jeans (plan on loosing another 12-15 lbs), take better care of my face, cleanse, moisturize often,(has cleared up tremendously) and my mannerisms, my walk most of all I used to walk like an elephant, now I glide. My clothes have changed wear just women panties, and womens and junior jeans when in drab. I look 10 years younger.

Diana West
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
My skin on my face has gotten much better. It used to be very dry and blotchy,but repeated use of moisturizers has made it look better and feel softer.

JoAnnDallas
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Since lossing about 25 pounds, everyone has noticed that my clothes fit better on me. Also sense I have been using firming lotion and mortizer on my face for months now and have been told I look a lot younger. :D

Bethanygirl
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
What male looks? I get them, but I am happily married! Changed? They still seem like appraisals to me...

Naomi
12-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Sejd

Well the daily shaves have made a difference but i dont look anywhere near femme untill i make-up and dress up.
I also have a big blokey nose, which only surgery could improve.

Sierra Evon
12-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes !!!!!, I think so alot , Ive been growing my hair out for the past 2 yrs.
wearing stud earings every day, always clean shavin I use moisturizer alot, after I shower, and a veriety of femme products...its a very noticable difference , tring to keep that young girly look .........:happy:

ErikaLeigh
12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
With the help and encouragement of the ladies on this site, I have finally lost the mustache I had for over 20 years. That took some seriuos getting used to, but its gone for good now. I have also been slowly shaping my eyebrows and they have a subtle yet noticeable arch now.