PDA

View Full Version : Had a Makeover today

ColleenCD
10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Sorry, long post...

OK...I'd been planning this for a few months and taken a week off from work so I could get ready. I started the day by shaving my legs, arms and chest completely. (may be some repercussions from this later, I'll keep you posted). After the bleeding stopped, I went to lunch with my wife. I was concerned about my shaved my arms, but no reaction whatsoever. So far so good.

At 1:00pm I went to my appointment. Anxious, but steady I take a breathe and walk in. The first person I see is another customer, "great" :rolleyes: I think. I meet my GG contact and her assistant. The shop is feminine, small and compartmentalized, but homey. After some small talk for comfort, she asks me to shave, since I'm a little bristlely. Finally I sit in the chair to apply make up. First the 'Putty", or beard cover. Then base, shadow, eyeliner and mascara, ending with lipliner and lipstick. I kept peeking in the mirror and would be reminded to face her. Then she took my wig and placed it on me, styling and trimming, with hair spray. when she was done I could look again. OH MY G_ _!!!! I was about to ask myself out later. The assistant asked if I was claimed. But wait, it gets better!

She asked if I wanted to try on some new wigs? "Sure, once in a lifetime chance" I thought. We tried a cute blonde sassy wig, and then a shoulder length red. The red wig was STUNNING. It makes my eyes come alive. (I do have pics and will post them on the pics forum as they become available). But wait there more!

I tried on some new dresses and skirts and tops. The assistant sees me avoid getting my makeup on the dress and says "this isn't your first time is it?" "Uh...no, I tried this once before" I said with a wry smile. :D

Anyway...I bought the red wig, dresses, forms, and a skirt, and tops. I had a ball. I have to go upstairs now and put the empresses new clothes away.:D

Colleen

Glenda58
10-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Thats great I'm planning a makeover in the furture I just got in from shopping and it was great had to post so I know what you are feeling right now. Trying on dresses and skirts after having your makeup done. You go gurl.
:yrtw:

NatalieBliss
10-11-2006, 10:58 PM
sounds like a great day... i am jealous!

Sejd
10-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Jealoux sick! me too, great story, keep having fun, keep turning!
Sejd

Tara1
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Colleen, loved your post, too long?, no way.

TYSM for sharing, I'm so happy you were blown away by that mirror.

Wish I could grow the courage to do what you did, what a wonderful day.

Big Hugs,
Tara

ColleenCD
10-12-2006, 11:27 AM
My wife showered first this morning. Then came my turn. I kept waiting for her to say something about the absence of hair on my arms, pits, chest, and legs. Not a word was said other than the usual sleepy morning activities. So far so good.:happy:

Colleen

rickie121x
10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
My wife showered first this morning. Then came my turn. I kept waiting for her to say something about the absence of hair on my arms, pits, chest, and legs. Not a word was said other than the usual sleepy morning activities. So far so good.:happy: Colleen Way, way, waaaay back in time when I was married... I mean really way back! I used the excuse that shaving my pits helped to prevent underarm odor. And she was really in favor of that. No more problems. I never had the courage to shave "down there" though.

She divorced me anyway. :heehee:

These days, I love shaven armpits and groin, as well as timming the hair on my hands and forearms. Legs - shave once a week or so. And on my occasional date - never a complaint has been made - some comments, but neutral or positive!

Rickie

SherriePall
10-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Colleen -- Aren't makeovers fun? Bet you want to do it again. And then to get to try on wigs and clothes, too. Wow. Was this a special CD service or just a salon that had some clothes for sale, too? Thanks for sharing.

Daphne Renee
10-12-2006, 02:46 PM
glad you had fun... I would like to get a makeover sometime

Shannen
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your makeover story! I can only dream of doing something like that right now.

I shaved my chest once and my wife was understanding of the experiment, but said she didn't like it. I must say these was quite an extended scratchy period to go through over the next month!

I also find that the morning "sleepy wakey" time tends to cloud my wife's vision. I can have bright red toenails for a week and she'll finally see them and say "WHEN did you get THAT color??" ... Then I have to share the bottle of polish with her. :(

-Shannen

wabnaok
10-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I did one not along and had a wonderul time! After the makeover, we were taken out to dinner at a TG friendly restaurant. WOW! First time for a makeover, first time out in public, first time using the ladies restroom! It was fun!

sophie69
10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I would love to do that. was it expensive? did you take your own stuff? where are the places (other than transformation shops). sophie x

wabnaok
10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Sophie, I did the makeover at Phyllis' Fantasy House in Denver. Both my wife and I were done. (Yes, my wife looked much better than me.) The makeovers for both of us ran about $200. I had purchased some clothes also that evening, so I do not remember the exact cost. The dinner and drinks were separate. It was well worth it. I do not think I would have ever gone out in public unless I had done it this way. It was alot of fun!

uknowhoo
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh Colleen, I am soooo happy for you! What an amazing experience! That's gotta do wonders for a girl's confidence. ;) Thanks so very much for sharing your story. You're an inspiration to many.:hugs: T

ColleenCD
10-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Ally and SherriePall, mine also was with Phyliss. I didn't have time for an outing, but did the clothes and make up and pictures, soooo much fun.

Sophie, If you go, and you know you want to... so do it, bring your favorite clothes that you want to be photographed in and go out in. It's a little pricey, but Colleen deserved something special.

Love to all,

Colleen

Sarah_new
10-17-2006, 04:33 AM
Sophie69,

I've used the Boudoir in London and found it really friendly if a little expenisve. A bit cheaper is Visions in Camberley, also very friendly.