PDA

View Full Version : Spending like a madwoman!

Chrissycd
01-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi girls! I wonder if any of you have noticed the same thing I have about my spending this year. I am piling it onto the credit card like almost without thinking. Over $100 @ V'sSecret a few days ago, $60 at The Icing yesterday, $150 at KrystelsKloset, and tomorrow, I just know I'll spend a bit at the clearance sales. How can I possibly just ignore all of those racks and racks of deals???
I rarely go on these sprees and am pretty responsible w/ $, usually. It's gotten to the point now though, where I had to move my boy clothes into the spare room b/c my closet is full of the Chrissy's stuff. Am I the exeption? Please say no, please say no, please, please, please?
;)
Chrissy

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 07:17 PM
You must be the exception! I've resisted the temptation to buy anything since, oh, about 8 months ago.

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Wait, there was that blouse from 8 weeks ago.

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot about those boots 8 days ago.

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Hmmmm, and I did just get back from some New Year's Day sales with loads of bags 8 minutes ago.

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 07:22 PM
No, I guess you're not an exception. :p

Chrissycd
01-01-2005, 08:50 PM
it is we two together, who are the exception. Could it be???
:confused:

Jennifer Ivy
01-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Everyone else is out shopping?

Bernadina
01-01-2005, 10:45 PM
We were out shopping again today. The last 2 days have been light. Only 3 pairs of hose, an evening gown and matching jacket, 2 rings, earrings and a pearl pendant, and a matching red leather jacket and skirt for me. Not to mention what I bought my wife.

And there is virtually no closet space that between my wife and I isn't filled with "girl" stuff. I'm thinking or purging more of my guy stuff to make more room.

And we had one closet rod collapse due the weight of the dresses.

If you've still got closet space in a spare room, then I would say you are an exception.

DonnaT
01-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I've been shopping quite a bit lately, but my wife is usually with me so I can't buy Donna anything. Well I could, but my wife helps me avoid it. So, I wouldif I could but I can't. :D

Robertacd
01-01-2005, 11:00 PM
You are not the exception in sheer volume but unless you dress full time fem you do need to work on your thrift. Specially since you can't even buy a basic bra at VS for less than $40. My wife would kill me if I spent $40 on a bra for her let alone ME!

One rule I have for Roberta shopping is: Never pay full price!

Look for sales, shop at clearence outlets like Ross, and TJ Maxx, and Big Lots.

I have got many nice outfits at Goodwill, Value Village, and local used clothing, thrift shops and garage sales.

Also don't forget E-Bay!

Wenda
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Whoa Julie.....you had better get that checked, sounds serious! Chrissy, I have to break this to you...in the past 5 years, I have purchased two pairs of men's shoes, two pairs of boots and one pair of runners. Some of my shorts date back to 1989. Since August, I have bought 20 pairs of footwear, including my favourites, a glossy black pair of thigh-high boots with 5" heels. I have also accumulated about a dozen bras, two bustiers, a rubber corset, and about a quarter closet of dresses, skirts, etc, etc. The trouble is, boys have the best toys, girls have the best shoes. Put your visa card in a baggy full of water, put it in the freezer, let it cool off. Good luck. wenda.

Sharon
01-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I can concur with Julie's statement about not needing anything else, at least for the winter. But as Spring fashions begin to come out, I'm afraid that I'll be out there again. Too many things from last year are just too large this year.

KewTnCurvy GG
01-02-2005, 02:50 AM
We were out shopping again today. The last 2 days have been light. Only 3 pairs of hose, an evening gown and matching jacket, 2 rings, earrings and a pearl pendant, and a matching red leather jacket and skirt for me. Not to mention what I bought my wife.

And there is virtually no closet space that between my wife and I isn't filled with "girl" stuff. I'm thinking or purging more of my guy stuff to make more room.

And we had one closet rod collapse due the weight of the dresses.

If you've still got closet space in a spare room, then I would say you are an exception.

I can only dream of being able to shop this way. I hate that I seem to always be poor; course I probably shouldn't have chosen the "lucrative" profession of social work then.

hugs
kew

Deina
01-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Chrissy, you make me feel so much better! So far I have two closets of Deina clothes and half a closet for my 'en drab' stuff. My SO is upset because that only leaves her one & half for her stuff. ;)

Deina

Wendy me
01-02-2005, 08:34 AM
shopping for nice pretty things soft silkey .........it's like a train wreak........the bra and panty set........niceok lets go home.........that slip is sooooooooo cute..........
oh stockings got to have them...............look at that skirt.............no just look...
mine ok........don't you think we need a top for that???????????????ok oh so many cute tops get 3.........lets get out of here.......come on let's go........you can't go home with out buying a pair of heels to go with thst outfit now can you???????/

the reason at the mall????????to buy ink for the printer...........never made it

i'd say it's only you..........

AnnaMaria
01-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Chrissy,

I don't think that you are alone at all. I think that all of us at one time or another do the same thing. I recently baught my first purse. Well wallet really but it could be used as a clutch purse if I wanted to. Wife and I were at the walmart to pick up a few things that we needed for the house and got sidetracked by the purse section. We ended up spending almost $250 and were only in the store for about 45 mins. I think that it is really hard to pass up the reallly good deals when you see them.

But I do try to limit myself to things that I know that I either need or that are on sale at a really good price. That is how I end up spending most of the shopping money that I spend.

huggs
anna

Beach Chick
01-02-2005, 11:33 AM
I bought a brand new banner for my boobs!

lol

Only kidding that's an old one.

But I did buy a yoga outfit so I can get foxy-doxy with a hottie-body!

It's got this kinda HOT bra top...got one in yellow and red and white...and also black stretchy pants and a stretchy jacket

Then I got some false eyelashes that are just SINFUL they're so lush and big

And nose studs for my soon-to-be-pierced nose

I LOVE SPENDING MONEY!

ok I'm done now

Love

Beach Chick

ps Mona or Fiona since your names rhyme can both of you send me a credit card number and expiration date so I can buy that Photo-Ship thingie that makes you two look so HOT I asked G but she won't ever write back to me bitch only kidding G no i'm not lol

Wendy me
01-02-2005, 11:44 AM
beach chick your a keeper

MonaSmith
01-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I bought a brand new banner for my boobs!

lol

Only kidding that's an old one.

But I did buy a yoga outfit so I can get foxy-doxy with a hottie-body!

It's got this kinda HOT bra top...got one in yellow and red and white...and also black stretchy pants and a stretchy jacket

Then I got some false eyelashes that are just SINFUL they're so lush and big

And nose studs for my soon-to-be-pierced nose

I LOVE SPENDING MONEY!

ok I'm done now

Love

Beach ChickOkay, so where are the photos Beach Chick? Or are you just a big tease?

ps Mona or Fiona since your names rhyme can both of you send me a credit card number and expiration date so I can buy that Photo-Ship thingie that makes you two look so HOT I asked G but she won't ever write back to me bitch only kidding G no i'm not lolI can't speak for Fiona but mine are all maxed out, I'm afraid. So you'll just have stay all natural for now. Anyway, that's the way I like you Babe, you know that.

Katiegirl
01-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I've been spending - 4 tops, 2 skirts, makeup, wig, a girdle and a nice belt

I was going to get a dress but when I tried one on the assistant said it didn't look right. - I agreed. We talked about it, and I took her advise and got seperates as I take size 20 (uk) tops and 14 (uk) skirts.

Had a great time spend 2 hours shopping.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Chrissycd
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Last night, after work at my "other" job that I use to pour water on my card, I HAD to at least LOOK at the Kohls clearance racks... I only recently started buying pants after I read that wonderful thread about girl jeans, so it was only natural that I should buy a few pair of dress pants, slacks (what do we even call nice girl pants that are rayon and feel so wonderful brushing upon our shaven legs, anyway?).
So, after trying on four pair in the men's dressing room, I discovered that I wear a 12, and I bought a black and a grey pair (@ $15 ea.) and then, oh dear, I came across silk blouses w/ the pretty pearl buttons....ew, I'm getting the jitters (@ $10 ea).
I came home from work today, and found my JCPenney order sitting on the doorstep. Ohhhh, don't know if I can stop this, girls!
I ordered a full length wool/cashmere blend dress coat in "ruby". I know the marketers give the colors of the garments such delicious names b/c it taps some kind of nerve in us.
I love that!!!
Sapphire, chartreuse, burgandy, camel, ivory, plum, cherry, fuschia.....gagagagagagagagagagagaaaaa!!!!
I ordered two coats so that I'd be able to go out during the cold winter nights here. The other was less formal, a thigh length hooded one in camel.
YUMMY!!!
It was all I could do to lock myself in the house when I got home tonight.
:D
Chrissy
ps - Love the posts, girls! Too funny!!! Lol :)