PDA

View Full Version : Changing tastes ...

susan elizabeth
10-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if (and how) your tastes in ladies' wear has changed over the years.
When I first started to dress (age 13), I preferred dresses over skirt and blouse. It's an odd feeling, but I felt "exposed" and "in your face" when wearing a skirt and blouse. I had the feeling that my "breasts" were more exposed under a blouse. But when wearing a dress, with the same undies (and same falsies), I felt less exposed.
After a while, I came to really appreciate the way a skirt hugs my hips and butt. And I now really enjoy the curves created by a nice top.
Now I prefer a skirt and blouse when I want to feel "sexy" and a dress when I want to feel "pretty".

thanks
Susan

AprilMae
10-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I generally prefer 2 piece outfits, partially because I usually need mismatched sizes, a 16 bottom and a 1 or 2x top.

carol ann
10-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Just been shopping

2 skirts
5 tops
1 dress

Skirts and tops allow me to 'mix and match' and I find it easier to get the right length. Also, like AprilMae, I have a different size top to skirt - 18 top, 16 skirt

jennifer41356
10-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I have graduated to clothes that are suitable for daytime wear, I also like wearing skirts and tops over dresses, I can mix and match which makes ones closet seem larger.....I have clothes for clubbin, but a majority of what i have now is for going out in the daytime:D

Sienna Skye
10-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I wore dresses most of the time until a few years ago when i started wearing more skirts and blouses. I still enjoy nice dresses though.

Karren H
10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Not really change....dress then, dress now.....skirts.....NO JEANs either then nor now!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Debb
10-14-2006, 12:19 AM
I've wanted to go out in dresses and/or skirt and top, but haven't had the guts to do it yet. I don't know why this bothers me so much, I've gone out dressed (jeans and sweater or regular top) many times in the past.

Maybe wearing a dress just isn't my style. I am more of a t-shirt and jeans person when drab, so maybe my style needs to remain pants and top.

My tastes haven't changed all that much, except that I prefer to wear tops that aren't quite so snug now. If I could be more revealing, show more skin, I probably would.

Timberley
10-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Don't think my style has changed too much.
Then again, it is usually governed by my finances.
To me dresses were always more feminine, but now that I have been buying more clothes, I have been buying pieces, and mixing it up.
also helps with the odd sizing, (large top, narrow bottom)

:0)

Tammi_52
10-14-2006, 01:23 AM
But not...especially after joining this forum, more everyday woman. Realistic woman. Pretty dresses, but also a nice denim skirt and sweater (wearing now) with boots. Reading and looking at what many of you wear has toned me down a bit and realized that feminine casual can be just as fun as dressy.

Sharon
10-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Heck, when you consider that I've been dressing for just about forty years now, I would say that my tastes have changed quite a bit.

When I stayed indoors, for the great majority of the intervening years(with just a few exceptions), I tended to wear more frilly outfits -- short skirts, tight dresses, etc. But now that I dress all the time, both indoors and out, I usually wear typical women's clothing -- jeans, tees, sweaters, more modest(well, usually:o ) skirts and dresses -- the type of casual clothing that you see on the majority of town and city streets. But I still attempt to appear as feminine as possible, so no baggy pants or androgynous tops. I am not much of a partier or social queen, so my wardrobe is sadly lacking fancier dresses.

Eugenie
10-14-2006, 02:05 AM
When just starting to CD, I was only wearing women underwear Girdles and bras or all in one girdles. Progressively I added mote items to my feminine clothes collection. Slips were the first complement, I loved the smooth satin material. The I bought night gowns and nuisettes.

It was only a couple of years after I was married that I bought my first dress (I still have it). About 12 years later, a GG friend whom I had come out as a CD, offered me my first blouse, a nice classy white one which I adored. For high heel shoes I was using an pair that mi wife had thrown away and which I could use even though they were too small as they were closed in the back with just a strap, so my heel was slightly off...
The same GG friend offered me a pair of high heels shoes at my size so I had finaly a complete outfit at my size.

From that time I have bought several items of women clothing and shoes.

I've alo taken advantage of my wife's clothes when she was throwing them away, for example when she didn't like them anymore.

Lately my clothing style has changed (hopefully for the better) thanks to another GG friend whom I've been coming out. She has helped me dress more in line with the current fashion while keeping in line with my age and general body features (On the plump side and not very tall).
That's it for now :heehee:
:hugs:
Eugenie