PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this heel in drab?

Adrienne Heels
10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I was thinking about getting these shoes at Nine West to wear when shopping en drab when I am feeling girly. Actually, I am getting them tomorrow.

They have a 2 1/2 " heel. What do you girls think? Would they be too noticeable?

Joanie
10-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Those look great, Karyn! They look masculine enough but the high heel gives them that femme look as well. Probably wouldn't be noticed too much. I know you loooove Nine West so go for it!!!

Adrienne Heels
10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks, Joanie. I think they would work myself......and I dont mind if someone notices them. You are right..I love Nine West shoes so much!!

Did you ever get to Nine West yourself?

Joanie
10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Never did but did do two Lane Bryants last weekend, got a skirt and blouse, and picked up a pair of Lifestride pumps at Belk Department Store as these were on sale. All shopping done in drab and very nice experience.

Lori SC
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
They have a 2 1/2 " heel. What do you girls think? Would they be too noticeable?

What is too noticeable Karyn?

Most everybody will not notice the heels since they are busy with their own errands. But there are those who will notice. It's not a stealth shoe. Thoe who notice, will know it's a womans shoe.

What will they do - probably ignore you and go about their business. But if you run into someone you know.... you can't hide 'em.

It all comes down to how you feel about people (both the passerby and any acquaintenance) knowing you a dressed in womens shoes.

If you don't mind people knowing, go for it. If you NEED to be stealth, these shoes aren't the way to do it.

Hugs, Lori:2c:

DAVIDA
10-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Remember the men's side zip boot in the early 80's? The heels on those had just as high heel and were not in the least out of place. Funny how time changes things!

Adrienne Heels
10-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Not worried about stealth...I will be shopping in womens stores for myself....and perhaps trying things on too....

ophillia
10-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Most people won't even give a second glance. On ocassion i've worn 2' heels (stillettos) and usually haven't gotten a second glance.

Raychel
10-13-2006, 06:23 AM
I don't see any problem at all with them, Especially if you SO is 2 1/2 inches taller than you. :D :D

Geneva Lake
10-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Karyn, they look great! I got to Nine West last week and couldn't leave the store! So much great stuff.
Gen:D

AprilMae
10-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Back in the 70's I had a pair almost identical, made for men. I think with a strategically long pair of pants thye'll be OK. What are you planning on hosiery wise?

SherriePall
10-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Karyn -- I used to wear penny loafers in the old days. But they didn't have that heel on them. I guess if your pants are long enough you could actually get by with very few people noticing.

Snookums
10-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Thats a nice looking shoe,I have several pairs of New Port News heel loafers like that,and no you can't tell what kind of shoes they are.

kneehighs
10-13-2006, 05:01 PM
I think you could easily pull those off.

The chunky heel and round toe are key to pulling them off, IMHO.

I wear heels en drabbe all the time. Stuart Weitzman pointy toe stilettos, round toe NINE WESTS (drool) and have found that a round toe shoe creates virtually no interest at all. To most passerbyers, they will mistake the round toe for a mans shoe.

Geneva Lake
10-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Weitzman pointy-toed pumps are so yum. Did you try them on in la store?
bravo!
Gen:D

Vivian Best
10-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Karyn, Yea, they probably would be noticed, but who cares! Remember, what ever mother wants, mother gets.

Kimberly
10-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I wore some3 1/2 inch boots en drab last week, and not many people noticed!!

Actually, you'll find most just aren't bothered. It's even better when you clip-clop ;)

Have fun, whatever you do, hun xx

Adrienne Heels
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Hosiery wise, I plan to wear them with Leggs microfiber trouser socks in black.

The pants I will wear them with are a bit on the long side, so should work okay

Rachel Morley
10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi Karen,

Depending on what pants/jeans you wore I'd say probably not. I have some boots that are nearly 3" high and I wear tight fitting boot cut jeans with them and at first glance you can hardly tell the height of my heels.

Not worried about stealth...I will be shopping in women's stores for myself....and perhaps trying things on too....
Well in that case I'd say it doesn't matter too much. I tend to think you'll get the same reaction I do when wearing girly clothes as a guy, I get the occasionally stare, fairly often I see people surreptitiously checking me out, but mostly people ignore me.....notice I didn't say they didn't notice, I just said that they ignore me :D

Adrienne Heels
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Angel. I'd agree with your assessment that most people will ignore. More likely that a woman would notice the shoes than a guy. And if that's the case, and I'm browsing in The Limited anyway, who cares.

Karren H
10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
They look like souped up penny loafers!! :) And although not my style.........They should not pose a problem in drab......but do not wear them enfemme!!!! hehehe

Love Karren

nishababe
10-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Sorry for myself you could not fool anyone that these are anything other than womens shoes !!

So you have two options .
1. wear them with long trousers or jeans to cover them up .
2. wear them showing and not be bothered if anyone notices !!

Love Nishababexx:heehee:

discovery
10-14-2006, 01:14 PM
I think they lookk fine either DRAB or DRAG. I bought these same shoes from the Nine West site. I think they have a classic conservative look. Suits me just fine.

Adrienne Heels
10-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Discovery...I agree with you!!!

I wil be wearing trousers that are a bit long, but the heel effect may well still be noticeable...so I am not gonna let it bother me if anyone notices!!

Wire Road
10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
the heel effect may well still be noticeable...so I am not gonna let it bother me if anyone notices!!
so why did you even ask then?

tgirlsfriend
10-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I was thinking about getting these shoes at Nine West to wear when shopping en drab when I am feeling girly. Actually, I am getting them tomorrow.

i like them

CDLauraNJ
10-14-2006, 04:15 PM
I love Nine West too! Over the past month I have bought 3 pairs of 3" heels that I absolutely love.

Jasmine Ellis
10-14-2006, 06:11 PM
they look nice