PDA

View Full Version : fitness/diet to maintain a figure

Ashlee
01-01-2005, 09:02 PM
what do all of you do for fitness/nutrition to maintain/enhance a "female" figure. I would guess mostly aerobic. please let me know. what is your routine, sample diets etc. i hope to have pics soon of me to see what you all think.!

Val Tan
01-01-2005, 10:04 PM
this may not be for you (or anyone at all)

but for me, i find that i dont need whatever new fangled diet thats available. the best way for me to lose weight is self control. i skip a meal a day, ignore the hunger pangs (initially). the theory is (or at least, my theory is) if u eat lesser, your stomach will shrink. and if your stomach shrinks, you will end up eating lesser to 'feel full'. and so u will naturally lost weight, or at least maintain it.

of course, hunger has varying degrees, and it might be your body's way to tell u it needs nourishment. some might get gastric from skipping meals. so like i said, this may not be for u. it worked for me though.

as for exercising, running is great, assuming u are in the physical condition to do so.

DonnaT
01-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm far from having any kind of fem figure. However, I have lost 50 lbs since Aug. by exercising everyday (almost) and eating both less fat and less carbs. I don't count calories as eating right takes care of that. Cured my diabeties too.

nuffsaid
01-02-2005, 11:51 AM
for me, i find that i dont need whatever new fangled diet thats available. the best way for me to lose weight is self control. i skip a meal a day, ignore the hunger pangs (initially). the theory is (or at least, my theory is) if u eat lesser, your stomach will shrink. and if your stomach shrinks, you will end up eating lesser to 'feel full'. and so u will naturally lost weight, or at least maintain it.

Most of us don't have that kind of resolve. for me it's excersize.

Vickie-CD
01-02-2005, 12:11 PM
My main thing is eating a lot healthier than I did in the past, lots of vegetables and bran cereal (high in fibre), also have a couple of Denise Austin tapes "Hit the Spot Abs" & "Hit The Spot Buns". Also power walk & ride bike. If you burn more calories than you take in the wieght has to go somewhere. There are good calories and bad, avoid the calories from fat. Read those labels!!
Vickie

DeniseNY
01-02-2005, 02:08 PM
For me, I find that sticking to one meal a day helps. I also exercise - I played basketball for a long time because the running and jumping helps out a lot. I have found that walking helps too. But mainly not overdoing the sweet stuff (unloess it's me in a mirror somewhere ;) ) and sticking to one meal (eating whatever you like, but only that one time per day) seems to work for me. I have lost 16 lbs since I started CDing, and now hold a steady 125 lbs. give or take 3 lbs either way.

Hope that helps <curtsies>

Megan_Renee
01-04-2005, 07:28 AM
There are a few interesting tidbits that I've picked up. The neatest one is that if you excersize to exhaustion, your metabolism will pick up a lot faster than it will if you just exercise for 20 minutes a few days a week.

"That's great" you say to me, "but how am I supposed to do great low-impact exercise that won't leave me looking like a meat-headed man?"

Bicycling is (in my humble opinion) the perfect exercise. You can really increase your fitness level without gaining a lot of ugly muscle. To be a good cyclist, you should have a lighter top with strong legs. Most of your muscle gain will occur in your thighs and calfs.

And one of the great benefits of cycling? "You - why do you shave your legs?" (Do I tell this random jerk?) "No, I bicycle a lot... I shave my legs in case I crash... If I get road rash, tape really sux on hair legs..."

Anyway, that's what I do. My wife and I love riding our bikes.

Megan Renee
--,--`--@