PDA

View Full Version : high heels?

vlord
10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
how hard is it to walk in high heels? i never tryed it so im alitle lost so please help a new girl

-lizz

jaych
10-13-2006, 01:21 AM
i find it easy in heels i have a few pairs but my best are my knee high boots, with about a 3 in heel. But try when u can and keep trying.
bye for now jaych:love:

whisky12
10-13-2006, 03:15 AM
how hard is it to walk in high heels? i never tryed it so im alitle lost so please help a new girl

-lizz you will love it

Angie G
10-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi Lizz welcome to the family enjoy your stay heels are great hot hot hard at all to walk in just don;t go to high to start :hugs:
Angie

Sally2
10-13-2006, 04:37 AM

-lizz

There are various heights 2", 3", etc. Start out with a lower height and once you feel comfortable move on to higher ones. Sally2

ophillia
10-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Practice, practice, practice

Roxane
10-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Hi

In answer to your question I took to heels like a duck to water & have been doing it for years. This link may help

http://www.jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/Info_htm/HowTo/h_heels1.htm

DAVIDA
10-13-2006, 05:22 AM
I lOVE SHOES!!!!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of shoes! Like others said, start low then work your way up. Just be aware that chunky heels wear differently than ,say spike heels. You can't get use to a 2" chunky and think you can walk in 3" spike heels. There is less stability. That is why you sometimes see GGs wobbling in high heels. Just be careful and you will be fine!:thumbsup:

Cora
10-13-2006, 05:29 AM
I have never had any trouble. I took right to it. I have gone with 4.75" a few times but I prefer 4". It just takes a little practice and some awareness as you can get tripped up easily if you are not careful.

NatashaWI
10-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I guess I'm lucky - I took to heels right away. It did take awhile to develop a sway but if you watch women walk you'll quickly see that it doesn't take much more than thinking about putting one foot in front of the other. I have pretty bad knees and amazingly they feel much better after a few hours in heels. Go figure *;*

Natasha

lisa68
10-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Well girl it's hard to say everyone is different when it comes to heels. I learn from a 2 inch heel boots, because when I zipped them up it supported my ankles. Can't have weak ankles. Before you know it you'll being 3 inch open toe Metaphor heels or whatever you brand you like in a heel. Good luck.

Karren H
10-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Heels have never been a problem for me....all those years of playing ice hockey and skating really payed off big time. Hehehe.

Liike riding a bike....once you learn you never forget! So kick off those training heels and get practicing!!!

Love Karren

wendy
10-13-2006, 08:13 AM
like someone suggested, start with a lower heeled shoe first. then when you get comfortable gradually move up.

I began wearing a 2 inch heeled pumps, at first I was wobbly but eventually I got used to it. Remember, heel toe, heel toe.:D

and walk slow at first so you can get used to the heels.

Donna Marie
10-13-2006, 09:01 AM
I love this question!! I first discovered my femme side 7 years ago when I saw a lovely youg GG striding along in a pair of 4" black patent stiletto pumps in a Sam's Club, no less. I NEEEEDED to see how it would feel to walk in shoes like that, and one thing led quickly to another as I discovered the world of crossdressing. My first order was a pair of 5" strappy sandals. Well duh, I about crippled myself trying to walk in them and 7 years later I still can't so they sit on the closet shelf. But I can easily handle 3" heels and I'm now wearing a favorite pair of little black wedgies that I wear around the house all the time. They are very comfortable, easy to walk in, and quite feminine. Got 'em at Payless online. Also, going up 2 sizes from my male size didn't work for me - too big. One size larger works for me, at least with shoes from Payless. I've been out a few times en femme, and one evening I wore another pair of 3" heels to a mall in a distant town. Hearing those heels click on the hard floor and feeling my skirt swishing around my legs was unforgettable.

Enjoy those heels dear!!

Donna Marie

MsJanessa
10-13-2006, 09:08 AM
How high are the heels---3" are easy to walk in--6" much more difficult--but then I usually don't have to walk very far in 6" heels---the men just tend to pick Me up. :doll: lol

vickie_tv1556
10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Just practice walking around the house with them and it will come to you(depending on the size of the heel). You will also notice that the heels make your bottom stick out a little.
Have a Wonderful week-end,
Vickie

pedalpusher
10-13-2006, 10:08 AM
I think the thing that helps with walking in pumps are the support within the pump. A good soft padded sole will go a long way and keeps the foot snug in the pump. Lifestride tends to make a very nice pump in my opinion for someone with sensitive feet. Work on it at home and then you will be over to fit in a normal setting. Eventually, you won't want to wear anything but pumps. 2-3' pumps are perfect for me and very sexy on the foot I might add.

jennyb20
10-13-2006, 10:14 AM
It depends on how high the heels are but if you start off low you cna work your way up

silkyheels
10-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Boots are a great place to start, since they offer great support in the ankle. Start low, aim high...the higher the better! xx

KarenSusan
10-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't try to go higher than 3" heels. After a while it is second nature and you don't think about wearing them.

Snookums
10-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I started out with low heels and worked my way up to 4 1/2 inch,I bought some 5 inch to see what they were like and couldn't walk in them,so 4 1/2 inch is my max.Once you get used to them,you'll love them.

Lisa Golightly
10-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Try walking in them in for an hour every day... The secret is in the wiggle.

Vivian Best
10-13-2006, 05:28 PM
As some of the girls have indicated, there are many things to consider. A couple of things that haven't been addressed are the condition of your feet and your age.

As I've aged I developed neuropathy in my feet and I unfortunately no longer can wear heels higher than two inches unless I want to fall and kill myself and also have my feet hurting worse than they already do.

Good luck.

SherriePall
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
lizz-- A lot depends on how the shoe fits your foot, too. If it is not on securely and feels like you're falling out of it, it makes it harder to walk in, no matter the height of the heel.

Alysin CD
10-13-2006, 06:03 PM
I had no problem. The first few steps were a bit wobbly. I really can't tell the difference between 4" heels & men's flats.

Alysin

Grrrrr
10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
4 and a half inch heels are just perfect for me...I have 6 inch heels but they are just ridiculous to walk in.

Kimberly
10-13-2006, 06:36 PM
My advice: Don't pick 4" stilletoes on your first full night out...

2 weeks, and my feet are still recovering.

xx

Marcia Sue
10-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Practice is the secret. I perfer 3 or 4 inch heels. Just remember to take
slighty smaller steps than in the other mode. Have fun. You will be hooked for ever.

trannie T
10-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Heels are impossible to walk in. Anyway, I'm afraid of heights so I wear flats.

Jane2
10-13-2006, 07:30 PM
i like 3 or 4" heels very much, it's easy to walk, wish u will like it...
:heehee:

-lizz

Jodi
10-13-2006, 07:35 PM
As with anything that is different, high heels take practice. They also require conditioning of your feet and leg muscles. They also require a bit of flexability in your ankle, so ankle and leg stretching are a must.

One bit of caution. High heels might seem easy to walk in while in the house, but they are a whole different story when out and about. One must be concerned about foot placement on the ground, the type of surface being walked on. Surfaces can be hazards, ie soft ground, slopes, gravel, cracks in the pavement, etc. All of these can cause a fall or damage to the heel of the shoe. Also, be careful when going up and down stairs. Going up is not bad, but descending stairs can be tricky. Be sure to hold the railing and practice on stairs at home if at all possible.

The shoe must also be a good fit to be wearable. The best way to do this is to try on in the store. Then from trying on, you must learn what a good fit is for you.

Good luck. There is much to learn, but fun to learn.

Jodi

jill c
10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I wear a men's 12. i got the nerve to got to a Payless this week. My first pair of lady's shoes!!! I purchased a pair 13 with 4 inch heels. It was this pair or some sandals.

The first evening was hell. my feet hurt, I was wobbly. i took them off after 15 minutes or so. I hated them. I have worn them every possible minute since and i can now walk fairly well.

learn to stand with weight on the heels to take teh weight off the toes, if necessary.

Getting out of a chair with dignity (lady like) is hard as of yet.

I will not be dancing in these fora while??

Jill C.

vbcdgrl
10-13-2006, 07:48 PM
It's easy as long as the heels aren't too high, ie. 3" or less, and the shoes fit correctly. Remember, even with heels, you take each step heel first.

Vikki

Rachel Morley
10-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Just like the others have said it takes lots of practice. Here's what worked for me. Start with say, a 2" heel and try to walk as if you were a catwalk model, meaning try to walk by placing your feet directly in front of one another as if you were walking on a narrow line. As you walk, kind of brush the insides of your knees together to keep your legs close together.You could always watch some TV footage of models walking. I'm not suggesting that this is how you will walk in your heels in public, I'm saying that you have to over exaggerate the moments initially to train yourself so that it comes naturally.

The other thing that worked quite well for me was that I always practiced walking backwards and forwards towards a full length mirror so I could see my mistakes and I'd always do it on a fairly thick carpet. On thick carpet it feels less wobbly and not like you're walking on ice. As you get more confident slowly wear higher heels and progress to hard tiled floors. When you can confidently walk in 5" spiky stilettos on a polished laminate floor I'd say you've graduated! :D

vlord
10-13-2006, 08:35 PM
thank you all for all the help:happy:) i just have 1 more question how do i know what size i wear in wemons cloths?

Barb Valentine
10-14-2006, 06:12 PM
My first pair was with a 3" heel
And I was quite surprised how easy it was
I think the main thing is a proper fit

Lesley-cd
10-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I've found the secret with 4" or 5" heels is to point your toes and place the whole foot on the ground as you walk, rather than heel first then toe. This way you're not having to balance on the heels at any point. To make your walking look as feminine as possible you have to place one foot in front of the other as if you are walking a tight rope but I've got to say this takes lots of practice!!!

Lesley xx

zoe jordon
10-14-2006, 07:53 PM

-lizz

l find l walk better when i walk with my toes first i use the front of my foot first!!!!!!
there again i might be talking complete crap!!!

those boots were made for walking
and thats just what theirl do!!!
one of these days!!! love Zoe

veronica
10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
PURE HEAVEN:doll:

Diana West
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I had no problem and I tried several different heights of heels.
From what I've read, some men are natural in heels.
But I've also read that it can be an easily learned skill as well.

So keep practicing.

TxKimberly
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
All the stuff you see in movies about people struggling in heels is silly. They are easy to walk in, and I thought they were easy to walk in the very first time I did it (around 8)

Kim

StacyCD
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
It has been my experience that heels with even a small platform under the forefoot are much more comfortable to walk in than those without a platform. Certainly, stilettos with spike heels are very sexy but if they have a 1/2 inch platform or even a thicker sole it seems to cushion the ball of my foot more and allows me to walk very comfortably. When I walk in heels without a platform I find that after walking even short distances my feet hurt enough that I want to stop and take my shoes off for a while and give them a chance to recover. I'm wearing a pair of 4 1/4 inch high heel boots (Connie 'Liberty' 10W) with a 1/2 platform. These certainly are not 'high' by most standards but I could walk forever in them!

Bethanygirl
12-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Even after wearing heels for as long as I can remember, I have to say, watch out for ice anywhere, and backyard decks in cold weather!

JoAnnDallas
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
I wore my 3.5" slingbacks in public for the first time at HEF2006. Yes, it is difference between walking in the house and outside. LOL Also remember when I first got them. After wearing them for a couple of hours, my legs started to hurt and cramp, since I was not used to them. Then at HEF2006, I had no problem and they felt great. No leg cramps or anything. Going to try and buy a pair of 4 or 4.5" heels. I feel it now time to start moving up a tad. I did meet a sister at HEF2006 that was wearing 6-7" heels and she moved around like it was nothing at all. LOL

paola w
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Well girls,I find that if their not too high.they are easy to walk in,
remembering to walk with grace.Mine are 4"with big feet,thats fine.
I have some higher but the're murder.My 4" shoes are perfect for me
I can stay in them all day and walk about.I have mules,courts and
sandals with the same heel,that I can't live without.
They make me feel like a girl,more than anything that I wear.
Heels and jeans and I'm in heaven.
A pretty dress and heels what bliss.
Talking about boots,my order for 4" patent black boots have not
arrived yet!
What am I to but wait.
Love paola.

Naomi
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM

-lizz

well i got my 1st pair of stiletoes delivered today heel studed with diamantes , difficult to walk in to be honest, but ive enjoyed mincing aroung in them today.

ellieparsons
12-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I have 3" heels, and i've never had problems with them. The more you walk in them, the more natural it becomes.

janet p
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I never thought about until Karren mentioned it that I use to ice skate all the time when I was a kid so the first time in heels was no problem, I started with 3",as for size if you go to any shoe they have a measuring device for your foot just use the womans side instead of mens.If you can't do it without some one watching rule of thumb go 1 to 1and a 1/2 size larger then you now wear.:love:

epsxyblkm
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I do love my heels, and that wiggle just makes me feel even more sexy. Thigh highs dont hurt either.