PDA

View Full Version : Outed by my wife

Karen Johnson
10-13-2006, 09:42 PM
The other evening the wife and I were out shopping for me. We live in the country and were going into town for a few things. As we got near town I told her that I'd like to shop for some gurl clothes and she said okay. While we were walking around looking at things she twice said, rather loudly, "This would look good on you!" She didn't mean to "out" me. In fact, I think she'd be more embarassed about it than me. At least one person heard us. We got an odd look from her, but I also got two very nice tops. One a short sleeve sweater and the other a beautiful blouse with a bright, floral print.

At one time I would have been mortified at the thought of being exposed. Anymore, I don't much care. I'm not going to go out of my way to advertise my personal preference, but I dress for me (and sometimes my wife). I don't much care what others think of it.

And I can't say it often enough, it is so nice to have this site to share things and be among friends.

Karren H
10-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Lucky girl!! I'd let my wife out me to for the right dress and all the acessories!!! Lol

Love Karren

GG Vanya
10-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Karen,

I admit to having committed this faux pas a few times in the early years with Trudi. I can distinctly remember shopping in VS with her and forgetting to speak softly when saying which pair of thigh highs I liked better for her.

I got (deservedly) a rather pointed whisper to speak quietly! :D

Perhaps your wife is like me: Living with and shopping for a CD husband comes so naturally to me I tended to forget (back then) that not everyone else is as OK with the concept of men wearing female apparel. :happy:

I'm sure with time she'll get used to being discrete. In the mean time just rejoice in the fact that she's so comfortable with your duality.

ShannonDragon
10-13-2006, 10:12 PM
When we are out window shopping and such, my wife quite often says, "This looks like you."

Its more the norm any more. No big deal.

:tongueout

Rachel Morley
10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
While we were walking around looking at things she twice said, rather loudly, "This would look good on you!" She didn't mean to "out" me.
OMG! :eek: This is has happened to me quite a few times. My wife Marla is so comfortable with me being a crossdresser that I'm sure she "forgets" who might be able to hear what she's saying out loud about women's clothes "looking good on me" or that this or that is "just what I need" :D .....no doubt rather like yours. Our wives are wonderful aren't they? :happy:

Peg
10-13-2006, 10:33 PM
My wife has done this several times when we've been shopping , it draws some looks but i don't care either i'm very comfortable shopping for my favorite things. Peg:hugs:

Wendi {LI NY}
10-13-2006, 10:43 PM
OMG! :eek: This is has happened to me quite a few times. My wife Marla is so comfortable with me being a crossdresser that I'm sure she "forgets" who might be able to hear what she's saying out loud about women's clothes "looking good on me" or that this or that is "just what I need" :D .....no doubt rather like yours. Our wives are wonderful aren't they? :happy:

My wife use to talk loud all the time . I think they are so comfortable with it that they forget that we were in male mode! I got some strange looks from women and their husbands.. but I dont care .:tongueout

Debb
10-13-2006, 11:26 PM
We've had this sort of thing happen a few times in the company of close family friends.

Most of our friends know but have never seen me dressed, either in real-life or in pictures.

We will be in conversation, and my wife will mention some aspect that reminds everyone that I'm a crossdresser. Sometimes it gets a little quiet, but everyone seems to get over it quickly, and we resume playing hearts or spades, or watching a movie, or whatever.

It's no big deal for me. However, it will be a bigger deal if this happens with my parents or brothers (they don't know).:eek:

Billijo49504
10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
That's your punishment for having a accepting wife. <LOL> My wife has done the same thing too. So big deal!! If the other customers are offended, so what!!! You two at happy with each other, enjoy it....BJ

KarenSusan
10-14-2006, 12:15 AM
she twice said, rather loudly, "This would look good on you!"

Karen,

You are very fortunate. If your wife doesn't mind, there is no one else in the world that matters.

Glenda58
10-14-2006, 12:28 AM
You're lucky my wife outed me then left with the kids. I envy you gurls with SOs that are so understanding.:sad:

Billijo49504
10-14-2006, 12:47 AM
See Gurl, you got the world on a string, and didn't even know it...BJ

Bernadina
10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
My wife too feels so comfortable shopping with me that she often say that things would look good on me without worrying about who might hear.

DeeInGeorgia
10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Last March, my wife and 2 boys (pre-teen and do not know about Dee) and I were in Target to pick up a few things (me a pair of pantyhose for a CD event and being discrete about it, purchased when the boys were not around). We were walking past the women's accessories when my wife looks over at me and says in a normal loudness voice, "Do you need a purse for this weekend?" I nearly died, but the boys didn't pick up on it.

Dee

AprilMae
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM
No big deal, just laugh it off or be campy about it and hold it up and say Gee I don't think it's my color. If anyone notices they will probably laugh with you. Better that than Me thinks he protests too much.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Actually it's kind of fun if we can get over our paranoia. My wife will say "this would look good on you" and I think Oh God! But I would rather have it that way than a wife who did not love me for who I am. Go with what you have girls.

AprilMae
10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Actually it's kind of fun if we can get over our paranoia. My wife will say "this would look good on you" and I think Oh God! But I would rather have it that way than a wife who did not love me for who I am. Go with what you have girls.

Bravo! I know for some this is not an easy thing and for some it is more than a hobby, but you have to keep your sense of humor, or get one if you don't have one.

Kristen Kelly
10-14-2006, 05:34 PM
We were out shopping at JC Penny and my gf found a nice wrap top. Not thinking she held it up so I could see, saying,'"This top would be great with your new black skirt". Now she was loud enough that the 2 women waiting in line and the cashier could hear, I just walked over to her and said, "Did you hear what you just said", grinning (didn't bother me a bit). She has become very comfortable with Kristen enfem as well as in drab, for the clothes are now the only thing that changes.

Jasmine Ellis
10-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I think its best to go with the flow and if it comes out in a shop time to time just keep on doing your shopping and blow the looks away

Nigella
10-14-2006, 05:43 PM
You're lucky my wife outed me then left with the kids. I envy you gurls with SOs that are so understanding.:sad:
Never envy what you don't have, treasure what you do!!

I think its best to go with the flow and if it comes out in a shop time to time just keep on doing your shopping and blow the looks away
Before going 24/7 Sandra "outed" me quite a few times, not just to the public but to her mother as well, although her mother never picked up on it.
As Jasmine says, just go with the flow, although I must admit, going 24/7 is not half the fun it was when no-one else knew.

vickie_tv1556
10-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Karen, you have a healthy attitude about your dressing. Life is much to short for anyone not to do the things they like or be the person they are on the inside. I always feel good to read where someones wife accepts who you are.
Best Always,
Vickie

tracylee
10-15-2006, 06:09 AM
My wife was picking out pantyhose and looked over at me and asked if I wanted a pair too...and right next to her was a lady looking at pantyhose about two feet away...I walked away pretending I didn't hear!!!

Tiana
10-15-2006, 10:52 AM
my wife and i often go nightwear shopping and she has often said things out loud about what i like but i don't care, i don't know these people who give 'the look' and anyway we are so relaxed about it that anyone watching on cctv will obviously know x

Jenn2716
10-15-2006, 11:29 AM
My wife did this exact thing to me twice this past week. Once while shopping for pair of cut off heel boots. I was looking at a black pair and a tan pair. And she spoke up and said, "I think the black would be nicer on you". Then at another department store we were browsing through some bra's and undies when she picked out a nice black one and said "we should get this one for you, it's on sale". Both times store workers and other shoppers were well within earshot.

Well, I could only smile both times because its good to see how comfortable she is with my cding. We aren't exactly outing ourselves to family and friends, but we could care less what a store full of strangers think of us.

TeriAnn
10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
well it happened to me Friday the 13th of all days. My wife and I were shopping in Goody's and she saw a pretty pink blouse and said to me this would look good with your white skirt. I heard what she said and I am sure the customers two feet away heard her to. I was taken back that she would so brazin say that and I turned to leave. As it turned out she bought it for me and the same customers were in line as we were leaving and one lady said I hope your blouse fits ok. It is very pretty.
After reading these comments I know now that the only person it would effect is me. So from noe on if she says something like that again I will agree with her and ask the cost to see if I can buy it. Thanks for opening my eyes and ears,:happy: