PDA

View Full Version : New Book: Life. Ch. 4

Stephanie Brooks
01-02-2005, 12:24 PM
We are now in the final throes of our marriage with regard to Stephanie. We had the first hard discussion last night. I wasn't expecting to begin this discussion on the first of the year, but that's how it was. Going into this discussion, my expectation was that there was a very low probability of the survival of our marriage.

That view has changed, and we may have a better chance of keeping our marriage.

I saw three potential options and/or outcomes.

1. Nothing changes. We stay married, Stephanie remains persona non grata. This is where we were prior to our discussion. Long term prospects are that in the choice of "To be or not to be", I'd eventually choose the latter. This outcome was the least desirable.

2. Our differences regarding Stephanie are irreconcilable. We divorce. I move nearby, we work an amicable settlement such that neither of us are wrongly burdened financially, and we minimize disruption to our daughter. I don't like the idea of divorce, but it's a far better option than the first, as I possess the ability and drive to "not be", given precipitating circumstances.

3. We sufficiently reconcile our differences regarding Stephanie. We remain married and Stephanie becomes a part of our family, at least to some degree. I considered this the fantasy outcome as my wife has worked to systematically repress Stephanie. Shockingly, this seems to be where we're headed.

Our discussion was initiated by my wife. We limited our time at the beginning to 1 hour. Reality being what it is, 2 hours and 15 minutes later we ended.

We discussed what Stephanie is. I'm probably transsexual, but have no desire for transitioning activities. SRS and hormone therapy are not desired options for me.

We discussed how Stephanie looks. My wife - I'll call her Tracy, but not her real name - said she was jealous as to how I looked, especially in one hot little black dress. I looked too good, better than her, and she was afraid guys would hit on me. Her husband was gone at that point. Tracy's point is one that should probably be considered by many of us! When we look in the mirror, we see the girl we should have been. When they look at us, they see their husbands gone. I need to empathize with Tracy's concerns, and work to ensure Stephanie is not a threat to her or our marriage.

We discussed our daughter. "Alice" (not her real name) is 6. She won't see her Papa dressed fully en femme any time soon, but she will likely question why I'm wearing nylons. We're working on answers we can give her. She was already aware of my dresses in the closet of the computer room, knowing they were mine. They're gone now, ever since the purge. Point is, she's sufficiently bright that she'll ask questions. We're working on ways to give answers commensurate with her age. As an example, she's asked where babies come from. We've given her answers that are appropriate for a 6 year old. Similarly, when she asks questions about Stephanie-related things, she'll get age appropriate answers. Alice will have a childhood, unburdened with adult-level issues.

We discussed Stephanie going to local TG groups. While I mentioned the desire to do so, Tracy said she was going to suggest it. Yes! How do we do it? The group to which I'd belonged in the past used to meet once a month on a Saturday. They have facilities for people to dress and undress, but they're limited. I'll likely stay in a local hotel once a month, go and return en femme, and maybe spend other time out and about. The cost of doing so is far better than the costs associated with a divorce.

We discussed next steps. I'm to develop a list of what I want and need to do. It's the complete ideal list of how to reintegrate Stephanie to our lives. It won't be a fantasy list, but a list of things that are realistically possible in the context of our marriage. She'll have that list in the next couple of days. I should be writing that list rather than posting this :p but it will be done soon enough.

The purge isn't over, the marriage isn't saved. We are, however, on a path that could end the purge, save the marriage, and allow Stephanie to blossom.

Hmmm... the prospect of taking and posting new pictures is real...

Sharon
01-02-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm so happy for you Stephanie! With the effort you and your wife are putting into this, I'm sure you'll end up doing whatever is right for all of you.
In regard to your wife's jealosy of how pretty you are, have you suggested that maybe you could help her? I'm sure you've told her repeatedly how beautiful you think she is, but maybe she hasn't heard you or believed you.
Good luck Sweetie! We're all pulling for you.
Love,
Sharon

MonaSmith
01-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Stephanie,

That's all really good news, I hope that you can both work it out. You and your wife seem to be trying hard to make it work for both of you, which can only be a good thing. I have no experience in these matters, so I can't give you any useful advice, so I will just say that I am pleased that things don't seem as dark for you as they did before. I hope that this is an indication of what's to come in this new year.

All my best wishes to you for 2005

Love Mona xx.

Julie
01-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Stephanie, this is a much more positive view at the start of 2005 than things looked as 2004 was at its close.

I commend yourself and 'Tracy' in the way you have both approached this and I hope things procede in a positive manner in the months ahead.

Good luck with everything.

Love Julie J

Fiona K
01-02-2005, 02:41 PM
This sounds great Stephanie,
Easy does it at this point I guess.
Take care and we're here for you
Fiona
xx

SilkenPrincess
01-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Dearest Stephanie,
I truly hope the very best for you, however it turns out. You are daily in my thoughts.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Stephanie Brooks
01-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Sharon, Mona, Julie J, Fiona, and SilkenPrincess,

Thank you!!!! :)

*BIG HUGGLES*

Love,

Stephanie

DonnaT
01-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Stephanie, that is some great news. Really promising.

I had, last week, thought about PMing you to see if your wife would like to talk to mine. I know my wife needs someone to talk to, she told me so, and I thought maybe your wife might also need another SO to talk to.

I've told my wife to go ahead and post here or on the other forum with the SO section. She told me she's been reading the posts already.

I even tried to get her intersested in us joining the TGEA group (http://tgea.net/home.shtml), which is why I took her to the TGEA Holday Formal in Dec.

I wish you the best.

Stephanie Brooks
01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Stephanie, that is some great news. Really promising.

I had, last week, thought about PMing you to see if your wife would like to talk to mine. I know my wife needs someone to talk to, she told me so, and I thought maybe your wife might also need another SO to talk to.

I've told my wife to go ahead and post here or on the other forum with the SO section. She told me she's been reading the posts already.

I even tried to get her intersested in us joining the TGEA group (http://tgea.net/home.shtml), which is why I took her to the TGEA Holday Formal in Dec.

I wish you the best.
Hi Donna!

Thanks!!!!!!

Please feel free to PM at any time!

Re: SOs, Tracy's not ready to talk with others yet, I imagine, but I'll definitely mention it in the next week or two. Will PM you with her response.

Re: TGEA, that's the organization to which I made reference in the opening post. I'd belonged to TGEA a number of years ago, and it caused much grief with regard to my wife. It's funny, she's the one that suggested returning to TGEA, and - get this - even offered to go to a meeting sometime if I'd agree to go in drab!

(When I belonged, at least one member came in drab and brought his wife. It was the only way she'd agree to go, and she felt comfortable. I told my wife of this, and she remembered.)

My present situation is still tenuous and I'm extremely cautious. I believe Tracy truly wants to work with me and make this marriage work. The analyst in me is watching to see if her positive words are merely a desperate reaction to the real potential of divorce. Words are easy, and initial actions can belie a situation. For over twenty years, we've been fighting this transgenderism. While she remarked last night that I progressed in what I did regarding my crossdressing, I reminded her that I've no more Stephanie clothes and that I've not dressed since the beginning of The Purge on September 12, 2004. Such is "progress".

Donna, I hope things go well with you and your wife!

All the best!!!!!

KewTnCurvy GG
01-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Wow, how fabulous! And I think your putting yourself in your wife's shoes is crucial. It can be threatening. I mean as much as I love Sherlyn as Sherlyn I do so in part b/c she is the alter of her boi self. I don't want to marry a GG. I know I'm not gay. There is something of the male persona that is satisfying that isn't of the female persona purely. For instance, I tell her, though I love looking at her and being around her I love the deep male voice that comes out of her. Weird eh? Can't explain it but it's there. Anyhow, I'm happy for you and am glad things are going in this direction; it's a win-win-win situation. My prayers and thoughts will be with you both!

hugs
kew

christine55
01-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I can truly understand why you want your marriage to succeed. Your wife sounds like a really nice girl. Best Wishes
Hugs, Christine

Tristen Cox
01-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Stephanie. Good news! I'm right there with you (in spirit of course). It's so nice to here the purge is drawing to a close and things are looking brighter for you.

*Big Hugs*

Love
Tristen

racquel
01-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Stephanie,I am very happy you see a light at the end of the tunnel.Like you I will be praying it is not the train of divorce coming.
From what you have said so far it really looks positive.
2005 is really coming up roses for us on this forum.
It's our year girls! :D

Wendy me
01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
stephanie i am sooooooo happy for you sister if this is'nt a reason to dancei don't know what is..............wendy doese her happy dance for stephanie

Nikki A.
01-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Stephanie, I hope that you all can work it out. My best wishes and prayers.

Tamara Croft
01-03-2005, 10:28 AM
WOW, hopefully on the road to a much brighter future :) I can relate to how your SO feels when she says you look better than her, it's a woman thing. I say it all the time to Tammy........ well she does look better than me tbh, she hasnt had children that left nasty scars on her stomach :( I suppose deep down she wants to look as good in something as you do and when she feels she doesnt, nothing you can say or do will make her feel any different. I know that I will never look as good as Tammy does in her things, but I have to deal with that and live with it even if it is hard. Knowing that she loves me with all her heart is all that matters to me :)

Anyway...enuff ranting from me, I hope everything works out for you, live life to the fullest, we only get one chance in this life :)

Tamara x

Amelie
01-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Hope your life continues on the road to happiness. Hope all goes well for you and your wife.
Love Amelie

Stephanie Brooks
01-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Thank you all!!!!!!! Kew, Christine, Tristen, Raquel, Wendy, Searching, and Tamara! *BIG HUGGLES*

You know though, Kew and Tamara, I can accept that a GG would feel as though someone crossdressed looks better than them, but from this side of the gender fence, I at least don't see it that way. I'll never look as good as a GG. I'll never look quite like a GG. Ever.

I'll never have the hourglass shape of a GG. I will never have the body proportions and curves of a GG. I'll never have your chromosomes, never be capable of having a baby grow inside me. (Fwiw, stretch marks are marks of honour in my view!) When I dress, it is in honor of the women I revere. My wife is one of them. My female buddy, "Blade" (family friend and strictly buddy) is another. When I dress, I do so to honor my role models. I don't think I look very good as a guy, and I think I look even worse as a female, so when I dress I'm probably doing everything I can to correct for the errors. In honoring those whom I love, I inadvertently threaten their very being and their sexuality.

Anyway, thanks again!!!!!!!

*BIG HUGGLES*

Stephanie Brooks
01-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Thank Amelie!!!!!!!!

Love,

Stephanie

Paula A
01-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Stephanie;
It is so good to hear that, at least it sounds that there is a glimmer of hope for your marriage and you and your wife is comming to an agreeable understanding. A good marriage is something that two people must work at continuosly, (sometimes I forget that and take my wife for granted)
When I read your posts and I still hem and haw about telling my wife, (I know I must) and when I here of your struggels and successes, as small as you may think they are, it gives me great hope and encouragement to move foward and tell my wife. Thank you and all the best to you and your wife.

I have to remember the "feeling threatened" thing as well. Being a girl is much harder than I ever thought. all the best again

Stephanie Brooks
01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Thank you Paula!

I hope that when the time comes that you tell your wife, all goes well.

All the best!