PDA

View Full Version : Choosing style

sweettxcd
10-14-2006, 10:14 AM
How do you know whats you alter style? I really have no fashion sense other than I am told many times that I look great in red. How do you choose your lady fashions? Also how do you apply make up for the first time? any helpful tips on either would be great thank you.

susan elizabeth
10-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Can't help you on the makeup - others here certainly can.
As for the clothes ... you already know what you like to see women wearing. That's a good place to start. Once you have a few things, you'll find that there are certain items, maybe that short black skirt or those cute shoes, that you like more than others. You'll find yourself wearing those items more and more - just like any young girl does as she "finds herself".

good luck and take care.
Susan

julie w
10-14-2006, 10:35 AM
for me I look at women my age that match my hair color that look great and
copy that look ,you only have to worry about style if you are going out in public, I try to stay to basic colors brown black and grey it makes mix and match more easy , thats what works for me ,,have fun

Carroll
10-14-2006, 02:19 PM
my wife told me:D

AprilMae
10-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Catalogs are a great help. You can see all sorts of outfits put together. And go to the mall and observe.

Lisa Golightly
10-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Hmmmmmm.... Things sing to me. No, I'm not mad. They say, 'Buy me, I'll make you look great'. True, true, true.

Sandra
10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
And about makeup - you learn by experimenting, and trial and error, so don't wait too long with your first application - just do it, wash it off, repeat it again and again - and you'll see your fem beauty coming through. Practice makes perfect.

:iagree:

Also go and have a makeover most beauty counters will do one and most don't chagre for it if you buy the products from them, the sales assistants will advise you on colours and application.

As for clothes hey I've got know dress sense so afraid I can't help.

JeanneF
10-15-2006, 02:30 AM
And go to the mall and observe.

Amen. I love to people watch, especially what they're wearing and how it works (or doesn't). When you see styles you like, make a mental note to try to find something in the stores that is similar to it.

Also, it's really worth it to watch the Style Channel and pick up a fashion magazine or two. I love Vogue and Elle for the couture, but for practical, affordable fashion check out Cosmopolitan or Lucky...either of them will give you tons of fashion ideas.

For makeup, check out Kevyn Aucoin's Making Faces (http://www.amazon.com/Making-Faces-Kevyn-Aucoin/dp/0316286850/sr=8-1/qid=1160897319/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-6511542-8722212?ie=UTF8)...pretty much the best book out there on makeup application.