PDA

View Full Version : Tests???????????

janelle
10-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi Ladies, was wondering what is the outcome if all the tests say you have a male brain. In my case i am happier & feel this is who i am to be but think if i get tested i will told that i am in a dream world or something. Can one still move forward to become completely female if the tests say otherwise?
I have many thoughts & feelings running thru my body & i am happist as Janelle & doing the things that i should. Maybe i am crazy! I don't understand how a test can say one thing yet a person can say no that is all wrong.
Sorry, i am just worring what the Dr.'s could or would say & than try to make me do to change if i don't fit their results.
I hope this makes sense as i am confused about what can happen with these mental tests.
Thanks ladies for your time & any advice you give. Have a wonderful weekend girls, tata.
:love: Janelle

Caitlintgsd
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
All of what tests? If they're the on-line tests then they're good for amusement. I wouldn't put a lot of weight into those. The Cogiatti was written as a challenge to professionals to write something better. It's been out there for years already and not much has come by way of professional head shrinkers and such.

thea
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, you probably have to start from the perspective that the tests identify "male brain" from a Western, probably United States dominant culture, perspective, and, knowing the proportion of men to women in science, it's also likely that there was a heavy male influence in assembling the tests and deciding the difference between male and female. Remember that there inevitably are women who aren't too happy taking the same tests and scoring heavily male (as well as some who score the same and are ecstatic at the news).

I recently took a battery of psychological tests through a counseling center, and was told that I scored heavily female. I took a couple of tests online later, on my own for free, and they said I have a balanced male/female brain (falling exactly in between). Now, if I could dress balanced as well, full female some days, full male others, androgynous with male and female clothes and styles mixed together too, then I'd be happy--and needing much more closet space even though I'd be out in that scenario.

Don't worry about what the tests mean. Get to know yourself better and put less stock in what others identify you as according to some "official" standard. And be sweet, even if the oppressors say you have to be tough (or be sweet and tough, and show them you're your own woman).

Lisa Golightly
10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
The thing about tests is that your compliance with the results is equal to the surrender of your individuality. You've been wrapped, packed and stacked. Human beings have the ability to express themselves as perfectly unique, yet they spend their whole life trying to fit into someone else's definition.

Word up is you can only be you, and no two people will ever see you as the same person.

Kate Simmons
10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Tests, smests. The biggest test you will have to pass is the one with yourself. It ain't "multiple choice" either. We are our own worse critics. When we finally get past that part, we can really accomplish something. I found this out the hard way though and was on a "treadmill" for a lot of years like many folks here. Confidence in yourself (whoever you choose to be or look like) is the most important ingredient.:happy: Ericka

Rachel Morley
10-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of tests. There was a thread recently about "brain tests" and there was a link to one on the BBC website. I took it and it said that my brain that is more male than female. This seems weird to me because even though I scored 100% on the spacial awareness and being able to identify the same shape even when it's viewed from different angles (aparently a male trait), I also scored 100% on the being able to tell what emotion people were thinking just by a picture of their eyes (apparently a female trait). So I figure I'm in the middle ...apparently not.

Don't worry about it. It's only a test, and tests can be wrong. You don't need to pass a test to know who you really are.

Agles
10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
i have taken many online tests and keep coming up way on the femme side.
thing is people are not perfect and a lot of the things that they assume with these tests are not right for everyone.
one think i keep seeing is that women are bad at math and good at reading and righting. i find this not only in salting but totally wrong. back when i was in school i was in what are called LD classes. i had a hard time with reading and writing testing years behind where i was in school. at the same time i was testing at cologne level maths by 6th grade. what does this mean. well if those tests are true then im not what i feel i am.

at the same time one must try to strip what are learned trates of the gender. stuff that well are not things that are for sure in someone's mind at birth but are learned later by others. think of it this way birds know to fly south though they half to learn to fly. or something like that. i also find my mind seem to move a lot faster then i can put the info out or put it in. this causes my problem that placed me in those LD classes. even now i am only typing half of what i am thinking.

as for what i think is right, really see a therapist and then i think only you can really tell.

='.'=
Jamie

AprilMae
10-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't put stock in most of those tests. Do we really answer them instinctively or do we subconsciously , or consciously give the answer that will give us the result we are looking for?

Snookums
10-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I always felt as if psychiatrists and psycologists were searching for answers to there problems by psychoanalyzing the general population,or in my case dealing with the Veterans Administration so called mental health "experts".
My grandpa always told me the definition of expert is,X is an unknown factor,a spurt is a drip under pressure.
If you ever had to deal with Veterans Administration shrinks,you know what I mean.

Agles
10-14-2006, 08:11 PM
you know my departed aunt who was a psycologist often went to other psycologists for problems she had because of issues her clinets brought up within her. i have dealt with mentally handy capt people in the past i can say i took alot of stess from that. but i like helping. sad to say that was back when i was in school. and some time ago

='.'=
Jamie

Jammie Lyann
10-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Test we dont need no stinken Test :devil:
Look deep within you, you see that light way down there pull it forth an let it shine dont let anyone put it out, becuase that is who you are, an we dont need test to tell us that.
Just the rest of the world needs them so they can feel normal :D what ever that is.