PDA

View Full Version : this isn't Kansas anymore

ubokvt
10-14-2006, 07:10 PM
I’m new to this, or better said, I’ve finally have the space, freedom, and support to explore this aspect of me. Its very exhilarating and coming here reading all the treads it is at times overwhelming. I feel like the farm boy who stepped off the bus into the center of 42nd street. Golly gee whillickers . Went for a consult on a makeover, hadn’t a clue what it was, and after 20 mins with this truly supportive GG she asked what about breast forms. She looked into my wide blank eyes smiled shook her head and said no you're not ready yet. you’d freak if you saw them. Its all a little much but truly thank you for being here.
I was wondering with all the treads I’ve read is it alright to talk about feelings, what’s going on inside, the changes to self and how you view the world, not so much wanting to be female as wanting not to be male any more, to rewrite the rules you’ve lived by, trying to understand if that briefest fleeting emotion feeling is possibly how a woman might feel. To share your joy, wonder, at the sudden unknown differences. Is there an audience, or better support, insight of other on this exploration of self. Just wondering is this where I was suppose to get of the bus

Kimberly
10-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Lovin' the title of the thread.

Oooh, my god - the second half of your post is brilliantly put. You just summed up my basic ramblings that I subject people at college to in only a few words!

to rewrite the rules you’ve lived by, trying to understand if that briefest fleeting emotion feeling is possibly how a woman might feel. To share your joy, wonder, at the sudden unknown differences. Is there an audience, or better support, insight of other on this exploration of self.
You poet. You'll fit right in!

Phyliss
10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
"...Just wondering is this where I was suppose to get of the bus."

Yes it is honey, don't move another step. You belong here. When I first came to this place I wondered the same thing. While not being able to puy it in as nice a set of words as you used, the feeling was the same. I hung around for awhile and gradually I began to learn about myself, and the big one of , WHY?

Jasmine Ellis
10-14-2006, 07:26 PM
well nicely put..........

Angie G
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes this is your stop hun your family now :hugs:
Angie

Bobbie cd
10-14-2006, 11:36 PM
I agree that you have put into very eloquent words something that most of us have felt at some point or another.
Bravo, and welcome to our world.

(BTW, I am in Kansas, but the warped world in my own little mind seems to have no limits or boundaries! LOL) :D

Tessa Wire
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Welcome home, and your words are what I am sure some of us feel, and I believe that this is the right place for you, and yes you will be able to find some if not most of the answers that you are looking for right her, and we are all willing to share our own experinces with you.

As always Loves :hugs:

Glenda58
10-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome home yes this is where you're suppose to be. No where can go to talk about your feelings about this. We all been there done that so we understand your feelings and can help you with them.

sandra-leigh
10-15-2006, 01:51 AM
I was wondering with all the treads I've read is it alright to talk about feelings, what's going on inside, the changes to self and how you view the world, not so much wanting to be female as wanting not to be male any more

Yes, definitely!

It can be a difficult balance at times, posting here.

Sometimes it's just easier to go with the "Hey everybody, I just bought my first pair of pantyhose!" "Way to go!!" type threads. She's happy, we're happy she's happy, isn't cross-dressing great?

But for me, sometimes I think it's more important to have a selection of posts dealing more closely with themes such as "I'm unhappy in my male role", or "my dressing is a Big Problem in my relationship", or "Here are some mistakes I've made", or "Why Can't I Tell Her?".

Posts about the harder side of life as a cross-dresser aren't as "fun", but if we can't be honest and open about such things here, then where?

Joy Carter
10-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Yes, definitely!

It can be a difficult balance at times, posting here.

Sometimes it's just easier to go with the "Hey everybody, I just bought my first pair of pantyhose!" "Way to go!!" type threads. She's happy, we're happy she's happy, isn't cross-dressing great?

But for me, sometimes I think it's more important to have a selection of posts dealing more closely with themes such as "I'm unhappy in my male role", or "my dressing is a Big Problem in my relationship", or "Here are some mistakes I've made", or "Why Can't I Tell Her?".

Posts about the harder side of life as a cross-dresser aren't as "fun", but if we can't be honest and open about such things here, then where?

How about this quote " This Ain't Ozzie And Harriet":rolleyes: taken from the movie "Raising Arizona".

Eileen
10-15-2006, 03:34 AM
This is the place to find answers to the many of the questions you have about yourself as you grow into the person you have always been. You will, as I have, learn to love that person you have kept hidden inside of you for so many years.

Eileen

loki_uk
10-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Hmm understanding how a woman might feel, the nearest I've got is being accepted as an honoury girlie (even in drab) by some female friends and being let in their girly chats

It really does seem like some sort of secret society from the other side, but sheer bliss if you're let in

Phyliss
10-15-2006, 04:16 AM
It really does seem like some sort of secret society from the other side, but sheer bliss if you're let in

How right you are! I've been lucky a few times to be able to be "allowed" in, and it is so nice.

Kate Simmons
10-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Gee willikers Toto, where the hell are we anyway? At least Miss Gulch insn't here, or is she? What is that walkng hunk of metal, that hairball and bundle of straw doing? Are they incognito? And I thought the farm was a weird place. No place like home, and CD land is it. Glad you had a positive experience Hon. Welcome to the land of wonders. :love: Ericka