PDA

View Full Version : My Closet Door Just Got Opened, a Bit

Phyliss
10-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't look, now, but I think my closet door just got opened a bit more.

Went shopping with wife today. Ended up at the Vanity Fair Outlet in N Dartmouth Mass. She has been needing some new PJs for awhile and since I've lost weight mine have been getting to big for me.
I bought some in the Reading Pa. outlet with her about three years ago, and have been wearing them ever since, but wasn't allowed to wear the top, "Because it looks weird" her words. So I bought myself some nylon "T" shirts from Freshpair dot com. and that has been working. Today we bought some more PJs and this time I got some night gowns too. Of course we got matching colors, plum, dark blue, yellow, pink (of course) light blue and dark rose. Even picked up a light blue terry full zipper robe. Now while the acceptance level was "up there" I picked out some panties in my size to match the colors of the PJs and night gowns. Not a word of rejection on her part. Better not have been, I'm $367.85 lighter in my purse. Plus I bought her a bunch of tops, sweaters, and pants for the winter.
On the way home she mentioned that she wanted to get comfortable when we got back, I agreed with her and that I'd wear the same color as her. She kinda smiled at the idea of matching PJs. I told her that was why I'd picked out the same color as her in my size. Since I do the laundry, I'd be able to tell which ones were who's. She asked if I was going to wear the top also. To which I replied "Why not?" Her answer was a simple "Because...." which to anybody who is married knows what THAT means.
"O.K. who's gonna see? It's not like anybody comes over to the house when I'm wearing any PJs . Besides if somebody does come over I can put on my red bath robe and the top will be hidden."
Her answer? "Well,.....I suppose" Music to my ears. Guess what I'm wearing to bed tonight? Pink Vanity Fair PJs BOTH top and bottom along with some PINK panties. AND, I'M ALLOWED TO DO IT.

http://www.vffo.com/ For the home page of Vanity Fair Outlets.

http://www.vffo.com/VF_stores.htm for the page listing store locations in various states.

Oh BTW did anybody there care that there were two different sizes of similar items? Simple answer, no. Did the cashier say anything while I was checking out? Again simple answer, no. We got there when they opened at 9 a.m. and were checking out by 10 : 30, the cashier was already bored and gossiping with somebody else while automatically scanning the bar codes into the little window on the counter. The only time she looked at me was to ask, "cash or charge?" If I had come back to that same register five minutes later I don't think she would have recognized me.

Jasmine Ellis
10-14-2006, 07:29 PM
it sounds like you two are having a lot of fun I hope you have many many more happy times together :hugs:

Angie G
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Phyliss you go girl I can wear my lingerie about the house but not to bed works for me :hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
10-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Wow Phillis is the next step going out dressed with the SO ? I had to get some oil and filters and blush at the store today and the cashier and I kidded back and fourth about her loading my bags too lightly. I told her I was man enough to handle the bag while full,:eek: . I'm sure she wondered who the blush was for,LOL. :D

ColleenCD
10-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Phyliss, you are leaving the closet door open a little more, sounds like you had a smooth shopping experience and some reasoning with your wife. That should make you sleep better.:D

Colleen

Phyliss
10-15-2006, 04:09 AM
ColleenCD said, "That should make you sleep better."
Oh, YES it did. A deep and dreamless sleep with a smile that went around my head four times.

I'm not gonna hold out any hope that I'll be able to wear my "mini" and heels tomorrow, but this is a start and I'll take my victories where I can.
Like I've said before, I've been wearing the VF PJs for awhile now, but only could get away with the bottoms and a nylon "T" shirt but now I'm able to wear the tops. Took me three years to get here. At this rate If I live to be 90 I might be able to fully dress. Only problem is, I'll probably forget why I want to. ;)

Knowing what I was intending to do, (ie, get to be able to wear the tops.) I made sure she was in a good mood, by spending the entire preceeding week doing all sorts of "little things" to make her life easier, helping with dishes, (which isn't anything unusual) doing some cooking, (again not totally unusual) just generally being a nice guy. Loads of "buttering up"

Joy Carter said, "Wow Phillis is the next step going out dressed with the SO ?" OMG I sooooo wish. I don't know if I mentioned it, but about two weeks ago, I had a day off from work and wore a long skirt and a pair of wedges around the house to do a whole bunch of "house hold chores" (cleaning out kitchen closets, dishes, dusting, laundry, changing the bed linen, vacumning, things like that) The reception was a bit "frosty" but she didn't demand that I take them off.

Jasmine Ellis said, "it sounds like you two are having a lot of fun I hope you have many many more happy times together." So do I darling, so do I.

Even "polished off the day" by taking her out to eat. Table side, fresh made Ceasar salad, shrimp scampi for her and roast leg of lamb for me, strawberries foster, (a variation of bananas foster) for dessert. (For anybody familiar with southern NH around the Plaistow area, the Pond View restaurant). She had mentioned that she needs some new "underwear" (she just can't say the word panties), we stopped into Fashion Bug but she didn't see what she wanted. I reminded her that the ones she liked were from Avenue, which was too far away to be able to go get last night, so I ordered a bunch for her "on line" , using my Avenue charge card.

All in all I had a wonderful day. One thing I did during the day, whenever I'd see a dress display or some top hanging and I liked the looks of it I'd comment something like, "Oooohhh this is cute" or "Gee that is soooo pretty" Simple statements that by themselves meant nothing but, coming from me seemed a bit different.
While at dinner I asked her if she had a good time, and of course she said that she had. I used that opening to say, "Just like having a girl friend to go shopping. Somebody to have a fun time with doing some nice things."
That comment of mine got a small smile.
Convincing her that it'd be fun to go shopping while "dressed" will be a MAJOR challenge for me. Yes, Joy Carter, that will be the next step, however I think it'll be quite aways off in the future.
I want what I want when I want it,.... NOW. I'm very jealous of the members who have supportive SOs and have the freedom to dress whenever they want, but I also have to think of the members who are still waaaayy deep in the closet and can only dream of trying on a pair of panties when they know the house is empty. I guess I should be thankful for what I can do, but....I want to do soooo much more. So close to "fully out" yet so far away. Ahhh, well, I should be thankful for what I've got.