PDA

View Full Version : I've looked a things from both sides now

ubokvt
10-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Had one of those DUUUH! Moments. Right now I’m running on over drive in this beautiful pink haze can’t see the forest for the trees but god its beautiful. Heard about this thing called a make over, right then and there I knew I just had to have one of those thingy ma jigs. So I rushed two hour in my car to set one up, at the end of the consult this very sweet GG said bring an outfit you think you look good in. In the car about ten minutes latter it hits me “I don’t Have a thing to wear” What would look good ? OMG!!! Then all the old man tapes came in, how many times had I said “what do you mean you don’t have any thing to wear”. Or the classic “Ahh hon you look good in anything .“ Felt a little amazement, a little shame. A lot of humility and this very clear understanding that if my SO had said that to me a this moment of terror I would have kicked the insensitive ******* in the nuts. Wondered about the fear, the need to look “good” why did I suddenly feel pressured But then I remembered I didn’t have anything to wear and I saw Penney’s thank the lord ran into the store looked at all the cloths, racks on racks, sales, women’s, misses, juniors, OMG its to much, nothing is going to look good, nothing will fit, Pick something up this isn’t me. Depression frustration back to car and home. I think had a chance to feel things from another view lots to ponder have others had similar experiences. Oh I still don’t have anything to wear or a clue what would look good for pictures. What have I done?