PDA

View Full Version : Obsession

Kahlan51
10-15-2006, 07:23 AM
I am very easy going . My wife made the observation that I seem out of character and quite obsessive when we went shopping for en femme accessories for halloween costume. ie 1 hour to pick out just the right set of hose. Anyone else find this a problem ?

Sandra
10-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Yeah 90% of CDers are obsessive about shopping for fem clothing. :happy:

Barb Valentine
10-15-2006, 08:51 AM
We've not obsessive
I thought that's the way we like to shop

Joy Carter
10-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah the wife says I'm obsessed too. Gee I just want to look pretty, sheesh.:o

AprilMae
10-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Considering a lot of women I know will ponder over what shade of white to wear, I'd say you are fitting in. I told my S/O that was a big part of why I do it, the challenge of putting an outfit together, like painting a picture or writing music. When it's done it's great to see the finished result.

ubokvt
10-15-2006, 09:10 AM
it depends from a male point of veiw more than than ten minutes looking for any item is obsessive ( by the way was your friend male) but from a female point of view it seems a little different although they might not admit it. Have you ever been purse shopping or god forbid the dreaded bathing suit shopping with a woman I don't think obsessive even comes close. When you're trying to find what will look just right on YOU for the occassion its different . Men don't care pants shirt ok im good Hmmmmm women why do the really care if they look good.

Kahlan51
10-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I checked with my wife this am and she was more impatient with the place we were in (love shop) rather than my obsession. Isn't communication wonderful Kahlan

Kate Simmons
10-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Just grab stuff, throw it in the cart and I'm good to go. The only things I do check out is probably a hat for size.:happy: Ericka

vickie_tv1556
10-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I think obssesive is the wrong word, you were just being yourself.
Vickie

LaFem
10-15-2006, 01:27 PM
I have a similar problem. When I shop for female clothes, I want to look at everything! I've been buyimg femme items for many years, and I still feel "on the edge" while shopping. Sometimes I just leave because I am so uncomfortable. It is much easier if the SA asks me if I want help, then I say "just looking", and I linger as long as I want. That seems to break the ice for me, since at that point they pretty much know who I am.