PDA

View Full Version : Suntans!!

JamieK
10-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Good Morning Girls;
It going o be another beautifulday here in So. Cal. and I want tohit the beach and work on my suntan a bit more.
I know you have all seen the pictures of the "beachbunnys" with the dark tan and bright-colored bikinis. Well, it doe work for covering some of the skin problems we guys might have.
Try getting a tan, it really works better then looking like you really have lived your life in a closet.

Love Ya All,
JamieK

Sherree
10-15-2006, 08:26 AM
I've never done it, buy I've often wondered what it would be like to get a tan while wearing a two piece women's bathing suit, so I would have tan lines where the bra top was. It could be a bit difficult to explain at the gym though.

JamieK
10-15-2006, 08:56 AM
I've never done it, buy I've often wondered what it would be like to get a tan while wearing a two piece women's bathing suit, so I would have tan lines where the bra top was. It could be a bit difficult to explain at the gym though.

Sherree Luv,
Go to a good Tanning Salon, you can wear what you want to tan in, and wear a t-shirt at the gym.
Enjoy!

AprilMae
10-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't tan. My Irish-German ancestry has seen to that.

Sedona
10-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Nope, not for me. Great genetics on my side. That said, for the lines I'll do a sunless tanner from time to time.

Snookums
10-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I used to live in Clearwater Florida,on the beach,be careful of skin cancer,thats all I can say.
fortunately I don't have skin cancer,yeah that tan looks good,just use good sun screen.

Sam-antha
10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I am a topless beach bunny, well tanned too, but from now until spring time the topping up will be on a sun bed.
~Samm

zoe jordon
10-15-2006, 03:28 PM
If only l could i the in england its always raining !!!ive been thinking about fake tan or holiday skin daily moisterisor

your so brave love zoe

Sam-antha
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Zoe Ah ahh he he heh
I am in Scotland where it is said by the English to rain whisky all the time.
A winter sun bed tan is not a bad thing but do not overdo it. Best to have a tan to start with and then a once monthly 6min ( or there abouts to see you thro the winter.
Do not forget the moisturiser after it.
PS I use one for shaving and general body anointing as well.
~Samm

vickie_tv1556
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I live in Florida (2 Blocks from the beach) and do a good bit of tanning myself.
On the flip side, I have seen some men and women where the sun has destroyed there skin from over-tanning thru the years, and people that have work outside and got to much sun exposer.
Tan Safely,
Vickie

ColleenCD
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I stay tan year round with a little tanning bed help, in moderation.

Colleen

sissystephanie
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately I don't tan. My Irish-German ancestry has seen to that.

AprilMae,
I used to think I couldn't tan, since I have your type of skin. I always burned when I went to the beach. Then my dear wife got me going to a Tanning Salon. Now I have a beautiful tan year round.

I wear bikini panties to tan, and for the last year the ladies at the salon have never seen me in anything but very feminine outfits. Not passing, just dressed enfemme. I usually wear one of my skorts and a knit top. That allows me to get ready to tan faster! I also wear open toe sandals so my pretty painted toes can be seen. I have had people comment on my pretty toes!:love: Of course, with cold weather coming I will have to change my outfits somewhat, but they will still be feminine!

Sissy
More Girl than man!

Karren H
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
I hate the sun....it's evil and causes cancer and wrinkles!!!!!

Love Karren

Rebecca Petersen
10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Tanning salon twice a week for me.

Felicity
10-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately I don't tan. My Irish-German ancestry has seen to that.AprilMae,
I used to think I couldn't tan, since I have your type of skin. I always burned when I went to the beach. Then my dear wife got me going to a Tanning Salon. Now I have a beautiful tan year round.

Sissy is right. Unless you have what is called type 1 skin, starting at a tanning salon will help. Since you burn easily, ask to start at a low time and in a bed with under a 5% UVB lamp. Tanning lamps have UVA and UVB. The UVA does the actual tanning and the UVB causes the burns. UNB is necessary for some of the chemical conversions however that create the tan. I prefer a 6% UVB lamp myself when I don't use an upgrade bed. One of my favorite beds is not an upgrade bed and it uses the Viking Sun F73T12/HO/6.0 Plus lamps. The data I have shows tanning lamps vary from 3% to 9.5% UVB. The higher the UVB, the faster you will tan or burn. Once you start building a tan, you can tan longer and even enjoy the real sun without burning so easily.

Something that helps with the tanning process is taking the amino acid supplement L-Thyrosine. This amino acid is part of the tanning process and is present to some extent already in our bodies. I buy mine at the Wild Oats food store near me, their brand in fact. It usually comes in 500 mg capsules and says to take 1 to 6 capsules daily. I just take one a day, but sometimes when I go tanning or in the sun, I take five or six an hour or two beforehand.

Myself, I tan year round. Despite the fear some have, in moderation, you will actually feel better year round if you get sun or use a tanning bed once or twice a week. A 20 minute session in a normal tanning bed is equivalent to about 4 hours of sun.

I hate the sun....it's evil and causes cancer and wrinkles!!!!!

Love Karren
Yes in excess. It is very good however in moderation. God designed our body to be in the sun.

KarenSusan
10-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Tanning! Tanning! I don't need no stinkin' tanning.

Sam-antha
10-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Karren, if the sun is bad for one what about alcohol and smoking ?
I prefer thesun in sensible doses, its safer and cheaper and I have had years and years of it.
Love
~Samm

Charity
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
The tanning bed is the way to go (imo) if you have fair skin. I go 8 minutes once or twice a week; that gives me color and tan lines but keeps me from getting to dark.

janedoe311
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Had two BAD burns on my back as a kid. Swam with T shirts since then.
(A long time ago I read that a case of skin cancer, melanoma was traced back to ONE bad burn as a kid. Do not know how they can do that but not worth the risk.)

I just burn then peel then burn then peel. My arms will get a little tan from year round exposure. But the over the last year I have worn a long sleeve sun shirt, so that tan is gone now.

The sun shirt is actually cooler in the sun than nothing. See http://www.sunchasers.com/

My family and I, have Australian UV suits long sleeves and pants swim suits.

http://www.sunprotectionshop.com/shopping/uv_swimwear_mens/7/1

My personal opinion is that tan makes skin looks old and will age the skin considerably faster.

I see very beautiful women that are tanned that looks fake, like it was brushed on. Not attractive in my book.

I do not like the look of tan. I like the Irish pale skin look, I guess the fact that I am about half Irish might be an influence!